Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Care and Feeding of Regens, a Hoarder's Experiment

akbrim

Lastly to wrap up my post, I want to say that developing regens is an inexact science that it seems lots of people obsess over, but remember, it takes a long time.

I hope that for the people who want to take the time and effort, this post has been helpful, showing what can be with a few seasons of development and a lot of patience.

One little nugget, I have confirmed that players subbed on very late in the game seem to get as much development as if you had played them much longer, so if you have one guy you're trying to rush along, try subbing him in around minute 89 in every game you get a chance. You'll be surprised how much of a difference it makes.

So long for now, and good luck finding THIS:

eg87NYQ.png

When it turns into THIS:

yEnlxaP.png

52 minutes ago, akbrim said:

One little nugget, I have confirmed that players subbed on very late in the game seem to get as much development as if you had played them much longer, so if you have one guy you're trying to rush along, try subbing him in around minute 89 in every game you get a chance. You'll be surprised how much of a difference it makes.

Good tip for youth development guide @PriZe

Also, would this be a good place to have a discussion on the difference between regens and evogens? I thought the regen system was removed in favor of evogens who can "possess" a player later in a career and could have slight differences from the original. This thread has shown the exact opposite- regens are alive and well!

48 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Thanks for the tag @veerus

@akbrim any way that we can "proof" your statement regarding the 1 minute a game equals growth? :)  Would be more then happy to add it

Hrmm, I'm not sure how. I had Tah as my starting CB, and also signed Mina, the Columbian kid, only played him as a last second sub. At the end of the season he had grown to almost 85% of his PA, from being closer to 60% when I signed him. 

Anecdotal is all the evidence I have unfortunately, but I would recommend trying it out, as once I figured it out, I started subbing in my backup young keeper as well.

The other thing this allows is the ability to use Player Interaction to comment positively on Current Form. Usually a late subbed player will get a 6 at minimum, and at least half the time, then were a 7 (for some reason keepers especially got a high match rating for doing literally nothing).

I noticed that when you comment on Current Form, rather than Last Performance, the message from your Asst Manager also includes that the "Player's confidence was sky high, and he showed a real zip during training".

No clue if this is just a fluff message, or if it makes a difference, but once I got in the habit of making all 3 of my subs every single match (never more than 2 before 80th minute, and usually only 1), I never had a moral issue on anything, because I could keep nearly every player at Superb.

For future posts, is there a specific proof that would be recommended for a development thing? It seems like it would be hard to prove that it was any more effective to last minute sub than to leave in reserves or loan out. I mean, every player is different, so I guess I'd be just as skeptical on any proof.

@akbrim you would want a baseline first. And compare to that. So best one for this would be for instance. No play time but on training, then a version where you loan out, a version like above. And then compair improvements. 

With the editor i think you can see increase, as the star rating ingame also takes in too account your squad, the league etc. So that's not the best indicator.

But! It is a really interesting theory :) something to have a look at for 18 :)

I’ve just picked up my Coutinho & Firmino Regens! (I actively looked for these 2)

9DDC3B9C-8C3A-4161-B629-6383D870B018.png3BAD64A8-2465-4F35-8E7B-419A71E2B1A0.png

I inadvertently found Sanchez & Cavani through searching youth players then figured out who they were once i started looking into regens. Wish i had applied this early on though as I’ve done a fairly long career on my Liverpool save. It will however be my tactic once i get FMM18!

19C268C3-F496-4D64-A33D-EC5DA8AC03FD.png

B28EA34B-D27C-4D6C-B55C-2A272243D9E4.png

But these 3 guys i’m not sure who they are supposed to be.

99B1A61D-623D-4CAD-A1B5-A0F87DAA8C31.png

84BE41D1-DB86-4C22-83EA-31EE8D0B02F3.png

BDBBAE0A-C6BE-440A-B2DE-2260780E1705.png

Edited by Ams12