Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How to sell properly? And couple questions :)

JoaK

Hey there, first of all I wish everyone a great Christmas and a happy New Year.

As some of you had read previously, I started a save with Mallorca which is now qualified for the UCL in my 4th season after promoting twice. I've had some trouble when a player wants to leave, for example, I sold Sierralta for 45M after buying him just for 5M.

The question is how do you get the maximum value out of your sellings, I just offered Sierralta to clubs for that quantity and immediately received two offers from Benfica and Sevilla. But I guess that means I could've received couple more millions for him.

Now, I've got three or four players which I'd like to replace and trying to sell them nobody is interested, maybe because I priced them too high.

I'd like to know if there is any special method you guys use to get rid of these kind of players getting the maximum value.

Thanks in advance for the answers, best regards.

JoaK

If you have multiple clubs after a player then you can often play them off by pushing the price up and start a bidding war. Don't get too greedy because they may walk away from the deal but often they will give you a final offer before that happens.

when the offers come in then increase the asking price a little each time and get as much out then as you can.

When you offer players out to clubs and they arnt interested you can keep dropping the price until they are. In an ideal world you will have a couple of clubs come In for him and then you can start a bidding war for him that will hopefully get you a good price for him.

Just now, JoaK said:

By starting a bidding war you mean negotiating the price higher for both of the clubs?

Yes. If they both offer 5m then try for 6m and keep increaseing until they make a final offer.

This I find to be a major floor in the transfer system of the game.. it often takes days and days of small negotiations to up the price by a little each time, then teams often just walk away without warning. I would much prefer it if these offers came in and could be negotiated on the same day without days passing and a final offer warning was more common.

Yeah, I've got couple problems,

One of them being that one, they walk away without any final offer, while I'm upping the price.

The second one is nobody wanting a player because of his salary, then if I want to sell, I have to do it lowering his value so much that I wouldn't do it.

28 minutes ago, JoaK said:

One of them being that one, they walk away without any final offer, while I'm upping the price.

I guess it has to be a judgement call when you accept the offer. It's hard to offer real advice you just need to trust your instincts which takes practice.

One big tip is what nation the buying club is from. Premier league teams have the most money so if you have a couple of English clubs after your players you can probably squeeze more money out of them than if it's 2 french clubs after him for example.