Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help First Time Player, a few questions

Hey all,

This is my first year becoming a football fan.  This game has been a blast so far.  In my main save I'm in 2024 with Lincoln City.  I have a few questions I can't seem to find answered here (I might be looking in the wrong places)  I hope can be answered.  They're mostly aimed at rising thru the ranks.

1.  Is there any way to improve attendance besides winning?  I was still stuck in Sincil Park (15K seating) while going toe to toe with United, City, etc.  and I would still only draw about 10K to games against Bournemouth and the likes.  The board approved a 30K stadium for me and in my friendly opener I still only drew 6.5K.  What do I have to do?  Win champions league?

2. Is there a set point or goal achieved where you officially become a big club?  I keep having players wanting to leave to a big club that don't even play them and pay the same wages I would.

3.  Any way to entice the board?  My YA is still "adequate" and I have a ton of transfer and wage budget from selling players.  Can I buy new facilities directly like I can coaches?

4. Any way to increase maximum wage?  I know moving the budgets gets you to a sweet spot, but I have 70M in transfer and 2,1M in wage budgets and I still can't move past 150K per week.  Will this only go up when I become a big club?

Sorry if these are already answered or weak questions.  Just trying to understand the game!  Thanks a ton

Are you playing in any continental competition (Europa or Champions League)?

1) Is that the case in competitive matches as well? You mentioned it was a friendly that only drew 6.5K, friendlies always draw poor attendances over here. If the numbers are still down there when the League starts it'd be odd.

2) Interesting one. There's no "set" point where a club becomes big, it's accumulated over seasons in the top flight preferably winning trophies on a regular basis. How much have you won so far? We have Bournemouth in the PL at the moment who with all due respect are not a big club at all and never will be without winning trophies, which leads to the knock on effect of attracting bigger names.

3) The only certain way for sure of getting them to accept the request is to have the "owe you one" unlockable which is earned after a sustained period of success with your team.

4) Nope, adjusting the budgets is all we can do in that regard. Gradually though as you win more and grow as a club, your budgets in all areas will grow including maximum wage.

Welcome to the site :)

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Are you playing in any continental competition (Europa or Champions League)?

1) Is that the case in competitive matches as well? You mentioned it was a friendly that only drew 6.5K, friendlies always draw poor attendances over here. If the numbers are still down there when the League starts it'd be odd.

2) Interesting one. There's no "set" point where a club becomes big, it's accumulated over seasons in the top flight preferably winning trophies on a regular basis. How much have you won so far? We have Bournemouth in the PL at the moment who with all due respect are not a big club at all and never will be without winning trophies, which leads to the knock on effect of attracting bigger names.

3) The only certain way for sure of getting them to accept the request is to have the "owe you one" unlockable which is earned after a sustained period of success with your team.

4) Nope, adjusting the budgets is all we can do in that regard. Gradually though as you win more and grow as a club, your budgets in all areas will grow including maximum wage.

Welcome to the site :)

Thanks for the response!

2,3, and 4 all make sense.  I kind of misworded 1.  I meant that the friendly was my first ever game in the new stadium.  Maybe it's just a thing within the game where it doesn't see it as a special moment, but I did get messages about how the fans were excited to go to the first ever game and it drew 6.5/30.  Even my final game at Sincil only had 10/15K.  I'll attach some shots below (if I don't screw this up) of what it looks like.  You can see I'm currently  drawing at about 50% of my stadium despite being in 3rd place with one of the smaller stadiums in general.  I'm in November now and it seems to be the same sequence.  Sell out for a game against a Big Club and about 50% full for a mid table matchup.  Even my Europa game only drew 55%~  Which I guess is fine, but there were teams in Championship League drawing 40K against me with no problem.  I'm i

IMG_3491.PNG

IMG_3490.PNG

IMG_3489.PNG

IMG_3488.PNG

To add on to #3, I like to make a request from the board immediately after getting a good monthly report. so when they are "thrilled with the job you are doing" go on and ask them for something. Every. Time.

If they're happy with you, be a squeaky wheel.

as to #4, make sure you are moving your transfer budget to your wage budget before you start a new season, so that you retain the money.

Welcome!