Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Putzy

iOS Graphics Installation Tutorial

This tutorial is for our FMM 2018 graphics packs on iOS. The same process will work for our Standard Logos, our Cut-Out Faces, or our Scope Faces. As always, this tutorial is simply a guide for what you should be doing, and your own setup will likely vary.

Video Tutorial:

No audio on this video - please also read the instructions below if you're still struggling.

Written Instructions:

1. Download FMM 2018 from the App Store on your iOS device.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the way that the game caches the graphics files, you must not open the game once it has first installed until you have copied all the graphics you wish to use. If you already have the game installed, you will have to remove it from your device first - there is no way to clear app caches on iOS without uninstalling the application. Copy your saves from your device to your PC or Mac first to avoid losing them.

2. On your PC or Mac, download the graphics pack you wish to install and extract them. Rename the resulting folders to "Players" for facepacks or "Logos" for logopacks.

3. Make a folder called "Pictures" and move the "Players" and/or "Logos" folders into this folder.

4. Open iTunes, and go to the "File Sharing" section for your iOS device - you will need to connect via USB or WiFi depending on your sync setup. Click on the FMM 2018 icon in the application list panel to open up the file browser - this should be empty, if it is not, then you do not have a clean installation of the game.

5. Click and drag your previously created "Pictures" folder in the file list, and wait a while. This will probably take a while - for me, it took 20 minutes to copy the logo pack _and_ the UK-only facepack from a MacBook Pro to a iPhone 6s over Wifi.

6. Go back to your iOS device and open the game. It will take a short while to open whilst it builds the cache for all the graphics you have added.

7. Once you have created your career save, you should notice all logos and faces are in place and correct.

Putzy, this has worked a treat! I think the main thing that I was doing wrong was loading the game before copying the graphics across to my phone... by following your guide and removing my existing install, installing the game again and then immeadiately copying across the Pictures folder it has now worked successfully... really appreciate you doing this as I'm sure this will solve iOS problems for all.

Just now, tc109 said:

Putzy, this has worked a treat! I think the main thing that I was doing wrong was loading the game before copying the graphics across to my phone... by following your guide and removing my existing install, installing the game again and then immeadiately copying across the Pictures folder it has now worked successfully... really appreciate you doing this as I'm sure this will solve iOS problems for all.

Great news! Sorry it’s taken this long to get you sorted out. Thanks for your patience! :)

Good News!

Following the most recent iOS FMM update (9.2.1), you can now do this without having to have the game freshly installed. 

Follow the same instructions as before, but when you open the game, go to Settings -> View: User Interface -> Reload Skin. 

21 hours ago, Putzy said:

Good News!

Following the most recent iOS FMM update (9.2.1), you can now do this without having to have the game freshly installed. 

Follow the same instructions as before, but when you open the game, go to Settings -> View: User Interface -> Reload Skin. 

Great news! So when the graphics pack are updated, we can just copy the updates across via iTunes (using same folder naming etc) and then use the new refresh option?

29 minutes ago, tc109 said:

Great news! So when the graphics pack are updated, we can just copy the updates across via iTunes (using same folder naming etc) and then use the new refresh option?

It seems that way. I'll need to confirm when I do the next update, but it's looking optimistic. :)

Amazing, i'd not long been wondering whether this was possible & here it is..

Did you confirm whether the fresh re-installation is required or are we able to 'Reload Skin' from the 'Options' menu as mentioned above.?

***UPDATE***

Confirmed that you can reload skin from menu without re-installing. Any idea why club logos such as West Ham/Burnley/Newcastle etc are still missing though.?

Anyhow, keep up with the stellar work.. 🐒

Edited by CymraegAce
Addition

Please could someone advise how to access unique id's? Alternatively, would someone be kind enough to advise unique id for Mike Fondop (Guisley)?

Would like to add this to my facepack.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_4941.PNG