Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat A player finding it hard to me motivates

ron1hy

I have a really good youngster who plays very well but on every match day it says the same thing about him as in the topic heading. How do I get rid of it?

Well I imagine it actually says "be motivated", but could you post an example and his personality page? Maybe he thinks he's better than the league he's in?

2 hours ago, ron1hy said:

I have a really good youngster who plays very well but on every match day it says the same thing about him as in the topic heading. How do I get rid of it?

A lot of outside factors on this one buddy. Give us some more info to go off, what player ? What team? Is it all games? Cup games? 

I had that for a third of my squad - I think because they were good players in a weak league (Scotland), They just couldn't get motivated for SPL games... So I sold them and bought other players.

I did some experiments (on another save, not my actual 2KC) and I'm pretty sure it's related to the hidden Professional attribute. If that's high enough, they can get motivated for any game. There is no way to see that attribute, but players with a personality of Professional or Strict Professional will have high scores, so I try to buy those in my save.

For your player: As others have said, there's a lots of depends on other factors in this. Which league are you playing in, is it for all games or just the league, or just the cup etc? What's his personality? Maybe he's reasonably Professional, but playing in a league lower than his ability. Maybe he just has a really low value for Professional and he can't get motivated for games he really should...

If you don't want to get rid of him, then as far as I know the only way to improve it is get him mentored by a professional player or a Motivational coach. I had one player change from Relaxed to Normal through a Motivational coach. I haven't had much success with mentoring in general, but I believe that's possible as well.

EDIT: Forgot to say - although this can be incredibly frustrating, I think it really adds to the game. Building a good squad isn't always about getting the very best players, sometimes it's about getting players that fit your team and circumstances etc. Also, I'm guessing that this is one of those things that was happening in older versions anyway, but they've now chosen to expose that to us. So last year, that player might not have been doing so well but you had no idea that's why...

Edited by Scratch

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

I had that for a third of my squad - I think because they were good players in a weak league (Scotland), They just couldn't get motivated for SPL games... So I sold them and bought other players.

I did some experiments (on another save, not my actual 2KC) and I'm pretty sure it's related to the hidden Professional attribute. If that's high enough, they can get motivated for any game. There is no way to see that attribute, but players with a personality of Professional or Strict Professional will have high scores, so I try to buy those in my save.

For your player: As others have said, there's a lots of depends on other factors in this. Which league are you playing in, is it for all games or just the league, or just the cup etc? What's his personality? Maybe he's reasonably Professional, but playing in a league lower than his ability. Maybe he just has a really low value for Professional and he can't get motivated for games he really should...

If you don't want to get rid of him, then as far as I know the only way to improve it is get him mentored by a professional player or a Motivational coach. I had one player change from Relaxed to Normal through a Motivational coach. I haven't had much success with mentoring in general, but I believe that's possible as well.

EDIT: Forgot to say - although this can be incredibly frustrating, I think it really adds to the game. Building a good squad isn't always about getting the very best players, sometimes it's about getting players that fit your team and circumstances etc. Also, I'm guessing that this is one of those things that was happening in older versions anyway, but they've now chosen to expose that to us. So last year, that player might not have been doing so well but you had no idea that's why...

I've looked at the players personality and his is 'Relaxed' also it comes up on low-level premier league games, games that we are expected to win. It doesn't give me the option to mentor him either. How do I get him mentored by motivational coach? Also, have you noticed the problem with training screen, where you try to change what position you want the player to be trained in but it doesn't work properly? Do you also believe that players who struggle in big matches, can change through experience if they are young? But generally these kind of players must be sold? no matter how good they are because we all need players for the big games don't we?

Edited by ron1hy
4 minutes ago, ron1hy said:

I've looked at the players personality and his is 'Relaxed' also it comes up on low-level premier league games, games that we are expected to win. It doesn't give me the option to mentor him either. How do I get him mentored by motivational coach? Also, have you noticed the problem with training screen, where you try to change what position you want the player to be trained in but it doesn't work properly? 

Yeah, it'll be because he's relaxed rather than professional or even normal.

You can't choose to get a player mentored by a certain coach - you just gotta hope they'll end up in the list of players that the coach is working with, so it's a long shot. I just got lucky with my Relaxed player getting trained by my Motivational coach. 

So your best option is probably to get him mentored by a professional player, but even then there is no guarantee that it will help that part of his game. Worth a try. Sorry there's not much else that can be done.

And yeah, the positional training thing seems to be a real problem at the moment. It's been discussed in the Bug List thread and I believe SI Games are looking at it.

6 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, it'll be because he's relaxed rather than professional or even normal.

You can't choose to get a player mentored by a certain coach - you just gotta hope they'll end up in the list of players that the coach is working with, so it's a long shot. I just got lucky with my Relaxed player getting trained by my Motivational coach. 

So your best option is probably to get him mentored by a professional player, but even then there is no guarantee that it will help that part of his game. Worth a try. Sorry there's not much else that can be done.

And yeah, the positional training thing seems to be a real problem at the moment. It's been discussed in the Bug List thread and I believe SI Games are looking at it.

Do you have any suggestions to get round the positional training but until it's fixed?

9 minutes ago, ron1hy said:

Do you have any suggestions to get round the positional training but until it's fixed?

Buy players who are green in the positions you're trying to retrain non-green players into?