Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help List of aging players? (Regen Hunting)

Alright so I know a lot of people don't like regen hunting but I find it one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. Therefore, I was wondering if there was a list of players with high PA who were aging and would retire soon after the first couple of seasons, so I would be better equipped to find some. I know, for example, if I want a good left back I have to search Russia after the first season, or that Sweden will have a good striker in a couple of years' time, but is there any complete list of all players with a certain PA or above who will be retiring?

If there is not, I may be motivated to make one, lol.

I don’t have a list as such but the way I find them is to search for players aged 30+ and filter/order by international caps. I then add any players who interest me to my scrapbook.

I don’t usually get to sign any of these newgens mind, that’s the consequence of always starting at a small club 🤣

Yeah, I use the scout old players and scrapbook them method like @Jack, although this year it's really hard to match them up because the secondary positions always seem to change. 

If I ever get around to releasing my app, that would allow you search for players by age and PA, then later you could use it to help work out which player is the regen (because even though the positions change, the real PA doesn't, so the Argentinian with a PA of 199 will be Messi's regen). But there's no ETA on when the app will be finished.

Personally I'm quite liking not knowing which players are regens, though some are still fairly obvious (eg not many Swedes in my save so Zlatan easy to spot). I'm using a very small pool of players (I only have Scotland Championship+ loaded so that's only 4000 or so players), which means if I sign a young Brazilian, they are likely to be pretty good regardless as the bad ones don't make it into the database. 

I'm also a little wary about the best regens as in my test saves when working on the app, I've noticed a lot of them have Work Rate of 1... It seems like it may be a problem. I'm planning to do some more testing of this when I get a chance...

15 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, I use the scout old players and scrapbook them method like @Jack, although this year it's really hard to match them up because the secondary positions always seem to change. 

If I ever get around to releasing my app, that would allow you search for players by age and PA, then later you could use it to help work out which player is the regen (because even though the positions change, the real PA doesn't, so the Argentinian with a PA of 199 will be Messi's regen). But there's no ETA on when the app will be finished.

Personally I'm quite liking not knowing which players are regens, though some are still fairly obvious (eg not many Swedes in my save so Zlatan easy to spot). I'm using a very small pool of players (I only have Scotland Championship+ loaded so that's only 4000 or so players), which means if I sign a young Brazilian, they are likely to be pretty good regardless as the bad ones don't make it into the database. 

I'm also a little wary about the best regens as in my test saves when working on the app, I've noticed a lot of them have Work Rate of 1... It seems like it may be a problem. I'm planning to do some more testing of this when I get a chance...

My experiences with the game shows time and again that a 4* Professional who can work hard beats out a 5* Ben Arfa every time.

I'm getting excited for the app now, but I guess until then we just have to hunt regens the old-fashioned way.