Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Regen

No I don’t think so. Not an expert but regens usually play the same positions their predecessor played so seeing as Messi played on the wings so it is unlikely. It’s hard to tell who this is in particular as Argentina had so many quality strikers.

Could be. I’ve seen some big sign of it is.

34BD1079-3D97-4525-8715-3F4439D6980E.thumb.png.064ce577a04c73a222924b70d93efdb2.png

The first thing are of course because Messi got light green for left foot and yellow for right. @LTFC was right about the winger thing but in this year’s edition, regens seems to have at least one of his og player’s natural position while the rest are randomized. In this case, Messi got 3 Natural position and one of them are striker. The othe things are Messi’s contract. It will ends in 2022 and most saves will ended up him retiring. The final thing is as you can in mine, Messi’s physical attributes like Pace, Stamina, Strength, Technique and Aerial are quite identical with your regen.

Edited by Lord Danish

I'd actually say it is him. 

I did a search for Argentinian players over 30 with at least dark green in the Striker position and with green Left foot and yellow right foot and Messi is the only candidate. Of course I only have England loaded, so if you other leagues loaded, it could that there is another player who could match.

As for the positions, this year it is only guaranteed to keep one of the players primary positions - it might keep more, or it might get rid of them all, or it might change them to something totally different, but one of the bright green positions will remain. So this fits that - he lost his wing positions, but kept one of his primary positions (striker). 

added 0 minutes later
2 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Could be. I’ve seen some big sign of it is.

34BD1079-3D97-4525-8715-3F4439D6980E.thumb.png.064ce577a04c73a222924b70d93efdb2.png

The first thing are of course because Messi got light green for left foot and yellow for right. @LTFC was right about the winger thing but in this year’s edition, regens seems to have at least one of his og player’s natural position while the rest are randomized. In this case, Messi got 3 Natural position and one of them are striker. The othe things are Messi’s contract. It will ends in 2022 and most saves will ended up him retiring. The final thing is as you can in mine, Messi’s physical attributes like Pace, Stamina, Strength, Technique and Aerial are quite identical with your regen.

Haha, beat me to it! Good point about the contract - hadn't picked that up.

I have a serious problem finding regens this year because they changed the criteria this year and you cannot look for the exact position because they can sometimes even change nationality or not be at the same position at all.. It's quite frustrating to be honest.

6 hours ago, bb said:

I have a serious problem finding regens this year because they changed the criteria this year and you cannot look for the exact position because they can sometimes even change nationality or not be at the same position at all.. It's quite frustrating to be honest.

Yeah, the position changes are the big thing. They'll keep one of their main positions, but the rest are all over the place. They can change nationalities, but they could do that in the past too and I haven't noticed it happening more often this year - although it is harder to tell because of the position thing.

I'm thinking of adding something to the scouting/companion app I'm developing where you could take a snapshot of the players at the beginning of a save, then later on you could look at a regen and get a list of potential players they are based on.

That would match them on PA, footed-ness and nationality. In most cases that would give you a one to one match. If the nationality had changed, it could list players with the same PA and footed-ness (which don't change, except when a player doesn't come back but passes their PA on to existing players, which is pretty rare) but with other nationalities. There'd be some cases where a match wouldn't be possible, but you'd probably get the matching player most of the time.

Honestly, the biggest problem of regens are the fact that teamwork attributes are randomised. I’ve got David Silva’s regen with good crossing but 5 for teamwork

3 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Honestly, the biggest problem of regens are the fact that teamwork attributes are randomised. I’ve got David Silva’s regen with good crossing but 5 for teamwork

And it is hard to train his teamwork

20 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

And it is hard to train his teamwork

Actually you can in FMM20 (you couldn't in 19) and it seems to increase at about the same rate as most attributes, at least for me. The problem with setting Teamwork as the target attribute though is that means you aren't training something else, so you need to take that into account. You can also find the player a mentor with a high teamwork rating who can "help him improve his teamwork".

But yeah, many regens seem to have really low Teamwork, specifically the Work Rate part of Teamwork (the Unselfishness part generally seems less affected). I wrote this in the General Discussion thread yesterday:

"Which brings me to an observation with the regens of the very best players: a LOT of them come back with a Work Rate of 1 (or 2 or 3). At a guess, I'd say 60 to 70% of players with a PA over 180 have a Work Rate that low. It's so common that I'm thinking of doing some proper research into it and reporting it as a bug to SI Games (although maybe they did it on purpose). Then again, I've been meaning to do that for a couple of years now!"

Super frustrating to find yet another potentially great player with a low Teamwork. One or two might make sense, but it is way too many.

3 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Actually you can in FMM20 (you couldn't in 19) and it seems to increase at about the same rate as most attributes, at least for me. The problem with setting Teamwork as the target attribute though is that means you aren't training something else, so you need to take that into account. You can also find the player a mentor with a high teamwork rating who can "help him improve his teamwork".

But yeah, many regens seem to have really low Teamwork, specifically the Work Rate part of Teamwork (the Unselfishness part generally seems less affected). I wrote this in the General Discussion thread yesterday:

"Which brings me to an observation with the regens of the very best players: a LOT of them come back with a Work Rate of 1 (or 2 or 3). At a guess, I'd say 60 to 70% of players with a PA over 180 have a Work Rate that low. It's so common that I'm thinking of doing some proper research into it and reporting it as a bug to SI Games (although maybe they did it on purpose). Then again, I've been meaning to do that for a couple of years now!"

Super frustrating to find yet another potentially great player with a low Teamwork. One or two might make sense, but it is way too many.

Possibly trying to make the game more realistic by making the fact that over the years more players that were rated low during their youth days turned out to be better than the one rated very highly.

15 minutes ago, Scratch said:

One thing I have founded recently is that you can improve their work rate through punishment after the match and, I suggested giving them a warning for rating of 5 or 6 and one week fine for rating of 4.  That's may improve their work rate but be aware that some of the players' work rate will be worsen after getting a warning when they got a rating of 6, such as Ravel Morrison.  I'm not sure does it linked to its personality.

Edited by Godfrey
22 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Possibly trying to make the game more realistic by making the fact that over the years more players that were rated low during their youth days turned out to be better than the one rated very highly.

Yeah I agree with that - though to be fair to SI Games, making it harder to spot the regens of top players helps with that. I've had scouts/staff rate the PA of the Messi regen as 1.5 stars, so if you can't tell it's him in the first place because the position is different, etc, then it is more realistic... They should probably go further though...

9 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, the position changes are the big thing. They'll keep one of their main positions, but the rest are all over the place. They can change nationalities, but they could do that in the past too and I haven't noticed it happening more often this year - although it is harder to tell because of the position thing.

I'm thinking of adding something to the scouting/companion app I'm developing where you could take a snapshot of the players at the beginning of a save, then later on you could look at a regen and get a list of potential players they are based on.

That would match them on PA, footed-ness and nationality. In most cases that would give you a one to one match. If the nationality had changed, it could list players with the same PA and footed-ness (which don't change, except when a player doesn't come back but passes their PA on to existing players, which is pretty rare) but with other nationalities. There'd be some cases where a match wouldn't be possible, but you'd probably get the matching player most of the time.

Sounds perfect. How's the app development going?