Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Need help with my strikerless tactic

Hi 🙋This is my first time posting here.

Currently I'm trying to create a strikerless tactic. I read somewhere in here that WM and T is OP in this year. 

Is anything i need to change? I always get "moves broke down in final third too often" from my assistant and number of shots is quite low in every matches.

I'm sorry if my English is not too good 😔

Screenshot_2021-09-02-18-33-59-952_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-02-18-33-54-876_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-02-18-34-08-125_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-02-18-41-19-544_com.sega.score.jpg

Edited by Trequartista37

Can you share any screenshots from the match highlights?

Especially any highlights showing the build-up and progression (start-middle-end) of an attacking play - preferably a highlight where your team is building from the back / centre if the park?

Problem - Without that, my best guess is that you just don’t have many players centrally in the final third. You’ll have the Treq, one AP, and that’s it.

Suggestion - Have you considered testing whether 2x IWBs together 2x B2B MC work better? You’ll see the 2 B2B move into the final third (giving you more options there) while the 2 IWB keep the build-up passing options centrally from the back. If that makes sense to you - perhaps take a few similar screenshots and see the difference.

Alternative - I guess most others would play 2 IF instead of WM, to give those extra bodies centrally in the final third - but you said you don’t want to do that -  right?

Thoughts?

29 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Can you share any screenshots from the match highlights?

I don't have any of my matches screenshots.

Problem - Without that, my best guess is that you just don’t have many players centrally in the final third. You’ll have the Treq, one AP, and that’s it.

Suggestion - Have you considered testing whether 2x IWBs together 2x B2B MC work better? You’ll see the 2 B2B move into the final third (giving you more options there) while the 2 IWB keep the build-up passing options centrally from the back. If that makes sense to you - perhaps take a few similar screenshots and see the difference.

Thanks! I'll try all of your suggestions. 👍

Alternative - I guess most others would play 2 IF instead of WM, to give those extra bodies centrally in the final third - but you said you don’t want to do that -  right?

Thoughts?

I'm trying to build a tactic that makes my T is the main goal scorer. Playing IF will take goal away from him i guess

Edited by Trequartista37
22 minutes ago, Trequartista37 said:

I don't have any of my matches screenshots.

Perhaps when you play the next match, put it on relatively slow extended highlights, and take screenshots on your phone / pad while the highlights are playing. There are usually done combination of buttons for b your phone/pad which allow you to take screenshots, save them in your photos folder, all while you continue to play FM.

23 minutes ago, Trequartista37 said:

I'm trying to build a tactic that makes my T is the main goal scorer. Playing IF will take goal away from him i guess

You are correct. Therefore if you want the Treq. to be the main man, then no IFs.

added 0 minutes later
7 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Maybe play a little narrower too.

Agreed. That’s a good idea 👍 

12 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

You should have strikers on your tactic imo. TM, DLF or CF will probably help the Trequartista to score more.

That is not the purpose of the tactic. I wanna try strikerless tactic 😁

12 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Maybe play a little narrower too.

Thanks. I'll change it to narrow. 👍🙏

Have you tried different Attacking instructions for 'Final Third'? Given that's where it says the problem is, it might be worth trying different options there until it appears less often. As you're using WM and WB, you could try setting 'Look for Overlap', which could possibly help with the problem