Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Can't seem to beat the Big Teams

Hi, As the tittle states above I'm currently managing Fiorentina in my first season I managed to scrape the Scuddetto winning it by two points but I see I lost 6 games in the league most against big sides and a quarter final loss to Atalanta. Also in my current season i still can't seem to Hack it. Maybe its the quality of the team or my tactic, here below is my tactic if I can get any help or tips it will be greatly appreciated.

Below will be the screenshots of my team and tactic if any more info is needed just tell me and i will provide it.

Screenshot_20211019-154835_1634650227609.thumb.png.b52ae897f84f5ec472775b6e26fe1d3f.pngScreenshot_20211019-154854_1634650202912.thumb.png.d85b32e9a6412d5ee47cad69f7a08dec.pngScreenshot_20211019-154904_1634650187321.thumb.png.d5b35d1c5e717c13a9df8ad0cc7cc34b.pngScreenshot_20211019-154913_1634650175080.thumb.png.2111dbfc69cc735dc75031dbfce3a349.png

Here are some results this season. As you can see the best I can do against the big sides is a draw.Screenshot_20211019-155854_1634650162460.thumb.png.55d3df78f977c3bb7d67c3f7e7d53666.pngScreenshot_20211019-162849_1634650150812.thumb.png.6aaf508c0c7427b8ebf09cfb51c3f132.png

Edited by Superfrank8

Three quick questions:
How do you change your tactic when you play the big teams? And what do you do in terms of squad rotation? And do the big teams typically play a different formation than the other weaker teams? Examples of what I mean are below.

• Change Tactic - e.g. do you man-mark a big team's main playmaker, or move away from attacking mentality, or put your WB / MC on  less attacking player roles, etc ... ?
  • Squad Rotation - e.g. do you play a 2nd team for the game before (e.g. 2nd team vs Udinese, so the 1st team are 100% fit vs Inter - from your fixtures screenshot), or do you not play your star players in big games if they have <90% fitness, etc ... ?
  • Opposition Formation - e.g. your 41221 will probably struggle against an opposition 5221 formation, and potentially against 4231's also. If the bigger teams are playing a more attacking 4231, while the weaker teams typically play a 532 / 442 / 41221, then perhaps the different opposition formation is causing problems for you.

Also, if you watch the highlights of those big games:

• Conceding - how do they typically score against you? If there's an obvious pattern, then you can solve that pattern. Obviously if there's no obvious pattern, then that's harder. 
  • Scoring - it seems you typically score 2 goals / game vs the weaker sides (sometimes more). But then you struggle to score vs the big sides. So do you know how you usually score those goals (i.e. what are your main attacking patterns)? E.g. if it's WB's crossing into your Poacher / IFs, then do the better sides have stronger aerial DC's so your STs have less headed opportunities? Or are your WB's crossing less, because they're being closed down more effectively? If you know your main attacking pattern(s), then you can easily see the differences in the player's match stats screen of successful headers, successful crosses, etc.

Just some questions - if you know any of the answers, then let us know and am happy to discuss with you.

@DanEnglish  I usually don't man mark any opposition player or change the mentality I only change it when I need a goal and go to the Overload. For the second question Yeah I do have an A and B system and rotate before a big game or Key games. Also I don't usually check the opposition formations and don't really follow the pattern of play ( Maybe thats something I need to learn) Plus most of my goals comes from the striker Vlahovic and the inside forwards score but not much also this season I think Vlahovic has like 5 penalty goals. That's the little information I have for now

19 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Three quick questions:
How do you change your tactic when you play the big teams? And what do you do in terms of squad rotation? And do the big teams typically play a different formation than the other weaker teams? Examples of what I mean are below.

• Change Tactic - e.g. do you man-mark a big team's main playmaker, or move away from attacking mentality, or put your WB / MC on  less attacking player roles, etc ... ?
  • Squad Rotation - e.g. do you play a 2nd team for the game before (e.g. 2nd team vs Udinese, so the 1st team are 100% fit vs Inter - from your fixtures screenshot), or do you not play your star players in big games if they have <90% fitness, etc ... ?
  • Opposition Formation - e.g. your 41221 will probably struggle against an opposition 5221 formation, and potentially against 4231's also. If the bigger teams are playing a more attacking 4231, while the weaker teams typically play a 532 / 442 / 41221, then perhaps the different opposition formation is causing problems for you.

Also, if you watch the highlights of those big games:

• Conceding - how do they typically score against you? If there's an obvious pattern, then you can solve that pattern. Obviously if there's no obvious pattern, then that's harder. 
  • Scoring - it seems you typically score 2 goals / game vs the weaker sides (sometimes more). But then you struggle to score vs the big sides. So do you know how you usually score those goals (i.e. what are your main attacking patterns)? E.g. if it's WB's crossing into your Poacher / IFs, then do the better sides have stronger aerial DC's so your STs have less headed opportunities? Or are your WB's crossing less, because they're being closed down more effectively? If you know your main attacking pattern(s), then you can easily see the differences in the player's match stats screen of successful headers, successful crosses, etc.

Just some questions - if you know any of the answers, then let us know and am happy to discuss with you.

Went and played a little bit more to gather some more information and found out that most of the goals I score come from the wide positons its either a wing back or inside forwards crossing in for the poacher to Finish. Screenshot_20211020-144910_1634730588434.thumb.png.5425443325dfc4afc7e7acfa719237bf.png

Still managed to lose to Atalanta, Napoli and Liverpool but also I beat Juventus. For the Juve Game I Man Marked their two strikers changed the AP role to CM and Two WB to FB also dropped the mentality to Control and managed to win the game, their two goals came from crosses. Applied the same tactics for Atalanta who also played the same formation 5-3-2 but lost also goal from a cross and two from Corners. Decided to stick to the original tactic for the Napoli game the 4-1-2-2-1 but changed Mentality to Balanced and conceded a goal from a Corner, also applied the same for the Liverpool game and conceded one a shot from outside the box. Both Liverpool and Napoli deployed a 4-2-3-1