Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch and Club 150 - Take 2 🎬 (The China Experiment)

Scratch

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

Just catching up now Scratch, doing great here, he looks amazing as well, never heard of him! It’s making me want to start a 1kc now as I lost my phone, my lower league game is gone, I’m doomed for completing any career 😂

Thanks mate. Really sorry about your phone. Hope it was an epic night out! 😝 But hang in there buddy I have full confidence you'll eventually finish a career sooner or later, maybe even this year...

Been thinking about you btw, because I'm currently trying this tactic out in China, and I'm using Scamacca for that - but I had trouble signing a backup striker and in the end I had to go for your old pal Lucca. And right now he looks almost better than Scamacca...

The China Experiment

As mentioned above, I took this to China to see how the tactic would do there. I ended up playing 4 seasons with Scamacca in Beijing, giving me a direct comparison with the 4  seasons Satriano had at Celtic:

Satriano-Season04-39.jpg

1210269795_Screenshot_20211214-011922_FM22Mobile.thumb.png.eb84fba70c16e48dd457441d3b8fa933.png

The result? Probably a tie: 478 goals for Satriano vs 481 for Scamacca.

There are less games in China, so Scamacca scored his quicker, but he ended up with about the same amount. Crucially though, Scamacca didn't score 150 goals and didn't meet the target of this challenge, so you'd have to say Satriano won.

It's almost impossible to compare properly though. I didn't come across the tweaks to the instructions that unlocked Satriano until his third season, whereas Scamacca had that from the get go, which is why his second season of 130 dwarfs Esposito's second season of 80.

On the other hand, I upgraded to the latest version midway through season 3 for Scamacca and the tactic stopped being so effective. I tweaked it and got it going again mid season 4, but the end of season 3 and the start of season 4 were comparatively poor. Without that Scamacca probably would have made it to 150 and been a clear winner.

One thing that stood out to me is that China wasn't clearly easier like in previous versions. It's definitely easier than most leagues, but when compared to Scotland, they seem about equal - which was a surprise to me. I used a lot of the same players and I would say that they developed more quickly in Scotland, but there has to be something more going on. At the end of the day, of all my records in the record store, only one came in China - I was setting way more records in Scotland.

Anyway, I've left both of these behind now and have moved on to a new career. 

Edited by Scratch

Nice mate, Scamacca has a GPG rate of 2.54 - Satriano has a GPG rate of only 2.32.

I would therefore conclude Scamacca has a slight edge.

Great numbers Scratch as usual, I haven’t tried the solo striker as of yet, but I’m sure I’ll get round to it and absolute shatter your numbers mate.

On 18/12/2021 at 05:20, Scratch said:

The China Experiment

As mentioned above, I took this to China to see how the tactic would do there. I ended up playing 4 seasons with Scamacca in Beijing, giving me a direct comparison with the 4  seasons Satriano had at Celtic:

Satriano-Season04-39.jpg

1210269795_Screenshot_20211214-011922_FM22Mobile.thumb.png.eb84fba70c16e48dd457441d3b8fa933.png

The result? Probably a tie: 478 goals for Satriano vs 481 for Scamacca.

There are less games in China, so Scamacca scored his quicker, but he ended up with about the same amount. Crucially though, Scamacca didn't score 150 goals and didn't meet the target of this challenge, so you'd have to say Satriano won.

It's almost impossible to compare properly though. I didn't come across the tweaks to the instructions that unlocked Satriano until his third season, whereas Scamacca had that from the get go, which is why his second season of 130 dwarfs Esposito's second season of 80.

On the other hand, I upgraded to the latest version midway through season 3 for Scamacca and the tactic stopped being so effective. I tweaked it and got it going again mid season 4, but the end of season 3 and the start of season 4 were comparatively poor. Without that Scamacca probably would have made it to 150 and been a clear winner.

One thing that stood out to me is that China wasn't clearly easier like in previous versions. It's definitely easier than most leagues, but when compared to Scotland, they seem about equal - which was a surprise to me. I used a lot of the same players and I would say that they developed more quickly in Scotland, but there has to be something more going on. At the end of the day, of all my records in the record store, only one came in China - I was setting way more records in Scotland.

Anyway, I've left both of these behind now and have moved on to a new career. 

The update has definitely messed up the tactic. I'm still tinkering as I made it worse again 🤣.

Might have to change some of the roles rather than the instructions. 

12 hours ago, DLC said:

Nice mate, Scamacca has a GPG rate of 2.54 - Satriano has a GPG rate of only 2.32.

I would therefore conclude Scamacca has a slight edge.

Yeah, he's definitely doing better from that aspect, but then again he needed to because of less matches. I was hoping the quality gap between Scotland and China would be enough that he'd actually score more goals overall, but I couldn't make that happen.

12 hours ago, Rich said:

Great numbers Scratch as usual, I haven’t tried the solo striker as of yet, but I’m sure I’ll get round to it and absolute shatter your numbers mate.

Thanks mate. I expect that to be the case - if you actually can finish a career! 😄

That said, I've started on a long term career, but not sure I'll see it through... I'm still using a 1 up front tactic, but I'm doing a two player career, combining a couple of challenges.

6 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Interesting comparison mate and a truck load of goals in both countries. Look forward to your next career. 

Thanks mate! I decided to pick something a little more difficult this time around, although the way it's shaping up it might end up being more successful than I thought.

6 hours ago, Davaile said:

The update has definitely messed up the tactic. I'm still tinkering as I made it worse again 🤣.

Might have to change some of the roles rather than the instructions. 

For Scamacca in China, I kept using the one I talked about above somewhere, but after the update I had to turn off Fast and Runs at Defence to get it working again.

Then with my new career I need the AM to score some too, so I changed the AM to T and it's looking good:

1018350396_Screenshot_20211219-234653_FM22Mobile.jpg.306290d14eb0f2293d24d643ede341fe.jpg

On 20/12/2021 at 00:14, Scratch said:

Thanks mate. I expect that to be the case - if you actually can finish a career! 😄

That said, I've started on a long term career, but not sure I'll see it through... I'm still using a 1 up front tactic, but I'm doing a two player career, combining a couple of challenges.

Thanks mate! I decided to pick something a little more difficult this time around, although the way it's shaping up it might end up being more successful than I thought.

For Scamacca in China, I kept using the one I talked about above somewhere, but after the update I had to turn off Fast and Runs at Defence to get it working again.

Then with my new career I need the AM to score some too, so I changed the AM to T and it's looking good:

1018350396_Screenshot_20211219-234653_FM22Mobile.jpg.306290d14eb0f2293d24d643ede341fe.jpg

Did you manage to win the league and what were the stats for your striker and AM?

11 hours ago, Mike16 said:

The ultimate question is... Does this work in epl or laliga?

Generally it does, though of course it won't be so effective as it is Scotland. Here is a career where I got Piccoli to score 99 in a season for Newcastle, probably would have been a little more but I was trying to get the AMC to score as well, so that took goal away from Piccoli:

The key though is you have to have world class (or at least very very good) players. If you try this with the squad you find at a club it won't go so well...

11 hours ago, Mike16 said:

Did you manage to win the league and what were the stats for your striker and AM?

Oh right, that's the one I just mentioned and linked to in my last response - all the answers in that thread I guess!

added 0 minutes later
7 hours ago, Donushev said:

If Scratch decide he will score over 100 goals even with cental defender😁

That might be pushing it! Although... with the corners the way they are now, it might be possible... :D

On 06/04/2022 at 16:45, Mike16 said:

The ultimate question is... Does this work in epl or laliga?

Finally got the elusive Club 150 in the EPL, took a while and a season with the Club World Champs in it to make it though 

1 hour ago, Gazzaeverton said:

Finally got the elusive Club 150 in the EPL, took a while and a season with the Club World Champs in it to make it though 

In the EPL? Damn, that's great! I only did it in Scotland...