Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Do finances make the game too unrealistic for you?

SaintPaul

I'm trying to get back in to FMM, after touch was discontinued last year, and while FMM is better, in terms of dynamics, and more interesting players from smaller nations being available, transfer funds are too easy to build. 

I had a save with East Fife, in Scottish League 1, and only signed free agents, under the age of 21, most of them were awful (realistic for Scottish lower leagues), the problem I had, was the good players I signed, were sold on for prices between £100,00 - £300.000

At the beginning of my fourth season, my transfer budget was almost £3 million 

The appeal of managing smaller clubs, for me, is the struggle to achieve whatever your targets are

The obvious answer to my problem is just don't spend any money, and I don't, but it takes away the aspect of selling my best players just to survive, and with that, a large part of the challenge of the game is nullified 

I think it's a bit of a double edge sword this issue, as I do agree in circumstances where you're after a slow build save you can make money easily. However transfers and squad building have always been my favourite aspect of the game and I like the freedom the game offers, this is why I love the fact we can implement our own rules to impact how the save is handled. 

I've had saves where I've deliberately wasted most my budget on a useless player I don't want to who'll stay in the reserves, I saw it as "the owners took back XYZ amount" so I didn't have it anymore etc. Or you can set yourself spending limits like net spend or whatever, saves like selling them slowly where you only spend 10% of a player's sale and so on. 

A way to combat this is playing as Athelic Bilbao as you can only sign native basque players or take up the “Sir Alex’s Ferguson Miracle of Gothenburg challenge 6 season to win 3 leagues, 4 cups and a European trophy using Aberdeen and only native players” 

the finances are broken anyway deffo need improvement 24mill profit 2mill spent transfer acumen 14🤪 financial control 10‼️‼️

440164D3-6AA2-4FB7-9057-B545F2BDC29F.jpeg

4BE4F659-62C5-46E2-B7FE-69F7D8A28E98.png

F3F7B994-4897-4B70-984F-57A65EF13F5E.png

22 hours ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

A way to combat this is playing as Athelic Bilbao as you can only sign native basque players or take up the “Sir Alex’s Ferguson Miracle of Gothenburg challenge 6 season to win 3 leagues, 4 cups and a European trophy using Aberdeen and only native players” 

the finances are broken anyway deffo need improvement 24mill profit 2mill spent transfer acumen 14🤪 financial control 10‼️‼️

440164D3-6AA2-4FB7-9057-B545F2BDC29F.jpeg

4BE4F659-62C5-46E2-B7FE-69F7D8A28E98.png

F3F7B994-4897-4B70-984F-57A65EF13F5E.png

Thanks, but I've tried an Athletic Bilbao save before, but I wasn't able to get past my real life dislike for them, so couldn't get into it at all 

The Aberdeen save could be fun, but when I'm choosing a team, I prefer realism over success, so I'd rather be at a team like Crewe, producing young players, but never coming close to consistent success, if that makes sense? Someone on Reddit posted a screenshot showing he'd won over 40 trophies with PSG, I've no idea how people keep interested in saves like that 

Yeah your screenshot shows how bad the financial workings of the game are. I've noticed that Marc Vaughan has said a few times, that they need to keep things simple, to help casual fans understand the game, but surely there's a limit to how basic things like that should be 

On 20/02/2022 at 20:13, Ashez said:

I think it's a bit of a double edge sword this issue, as I do agree in circumstances where you're after a slow build save you can make money easily. However transfers and squad building have always been my favourite aspect of the game and I like the freedom the game offers, this is why I love the fact we can implement our own rules to impact how the save is handled. 

I've had saves where I've deliberately wasted most my budget on a useless player I don't want to who'll stay in the reserves, I saw it as "the owners took back XYZ amount" so I didn't have it anymore etc. Or you can set yourself spending limits like net spend or whatever, saves like selling them slowly where you only spend 10% of a player's sale and so on. 

Thanks, I might try as you've done, and buy someone just to leave in the reserves. I'm hoping the update renews my interest in potential saves, when it's available. I prefer building my career up, (like Danny Cowley, Nathan Jones etc) rather than taking a particular smaller team to the Champions League. 

On FMT, I took over at Torino, and their finances were so bad, I had to sell players in every window, and was only getting 20% of the fee to spend on replacements. At the time, it wasn't very enjoyable, but I definitely miss that kind of challenge now 

6 hours ago, SaintPaul said:

Thanks, but I've tried an Athletic Bilbao save before, but I wasn't able to get past my real life dislike for them, so couldn't get into it at all 

The Aberdeen save could be fun, but when I'm choosing a team, I prefer realism over success, so I'd rather be at a team like Crewe, producing young players, but never coming close to consistent success, if that makes sense? Someone on Reddit posted a screenshot showing he'd won over 40 trophies with PSG, I've no idea how people keep interested in saves like that 

Yeah your screenshot shows how bad the financial workings of the game are. I've noticed that Marc Vaughan has said a few times, that they need to keep things simple, to help casual fans understand the game, but surely there's a limit to how basic things like that should be 

Lol a Scotsman via the basques region?

to be honest I haven’t don’t a RTG save this yeah yet I in 21, I sold a young German striker for 18million with a %clause soon after promotion to league 2 with my local team Bromley and managed to ride a wave all the way to champion league in 8 years enough to say there was no realism in it 😂.

Thing is in the lower leagues there to many good free agents may try again soon finding prospect seems a little harder this year.