Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The 300 Club (300 team goals in a single season) : COMPLETED

Giving this challenge a try as posted by @Mike16...

Tough challenge for lots of reasons, mainly that attacking so full on means that you will have a leaky defence....the AI always seems to suss out your tactics and respond accordingly about half way through the season....plus the fact that as the season goes on the fixtures will naturally become harder and more difficult (in the latter rounds of the cup competitions)...

Choosing the Premier League & Man City....as such a challenge requires a world class squad and of course a decent number of matches to attempt it with...

About a third of the way through so far and a third of the way there to 300...but like I said it's going to get tougher as the season progresses.....so at this stage will be happy with 270 - 280, that would beat my previous best of 255

Screenshot_20221003-131152_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Edited by Gazzaeverton
Finished
16 hours ago, Gazzaeverton said:

Update.....two thirds-ish through.....dont think 300 is on...maybe 270ish....

Screenshot_20221003-214231_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Team definitely slowed down, 300 isn't in reach

2 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

Team definitely slowed down, 300 isn't in reach

Yes definitely tailed off towards the end as expected.....but did my my previous best at least, by 2 goals...going to.have 1 more attempt and then call this challenge a day....

Screenshot_20221004-170828_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221004-170839_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221004-170846_FM22 Mobile.jpg

On 03/10/2022 at 23:16, xFMM said:

What kind of formation are you using this crazy dude :D

1-3-3-3

added 0 minutes later

New season...new team...very similar results so far.....

Screenshot_20221005-191803_FM22 Mobile.jpg

9 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

102 goals conceded,  what is defense/defending?  Never heard of it

The guy who completed the challenge to reach 300 conceded 103 goals overall.....so I think you are missing the point a bit.....its about goals scored not conceded.....i could easily have a tighter defence and hardly let in any goals, but that's not the challenge.....its an extreme attacking challenge.....i have gone a whole season before and only conceded 9 league goals....

3 hours ago, Gazzaeverton said:

The guy who completed the challenge to reach 300 conceded 103 goals overall.....so I think you are missing the point a bit.....its about goals scored not conceded.....i could easily have a tighter defence and hardly let in any goals, but that's not the challenge.....its an extreme attacking challenge.....i have gone a whole season before and only conceded 9 league goals....

I know you have to leak goals, I just find the that amount comical and making joke that your team has never heard about defense

Edited by Uncleseekx
2 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

I know you have to leak goals, I just find the that amount comical and making joke that your team has never heard about defense

Haha true yes 😁 

On 07/10/2022 at 05:31, Gazzaeverton said:

....learnt a few new things along the way....might have just one more go....

Congrats! That’s a HUGE goal tally  

Can you share some of those learnings with us 🙂 would be interesting to read what you learned on your path to success!

5 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Congrats! That’s a HUGE goal tally  

Can you share some of those learnings with us 🙂 would be interesting to read what you learned on your path to success!

Thanks Dan appreciate it....well lots of things learnt along the way.....main one is not to play 3 up front....have found that 2 produces the most goals....i also moved away from CF of TM and switched to PF's for a change....

51 minutes ago, Gazzaeverton said:

Thanks Dan appreciate it....well lots of things learnt along the way.....main one is not to play 3 up front....have found that 2 produces the most goals....i also moved away from CF of TM and switched to PF's for a change....

50 goals conceded with 179 goals is crazy. Also I discovered the same thing. Having three strikers upfront doesn't work well. Well done on it

2 hours ago, Gazzaeverton said:

Thanks Dan appreciate it....well lots of things learnt along the way.....main one is not to play 3 up front....have found that 2 produces the most goals....i also moved away from CF or TM and switched to PF's for a change....

On 26/10/2022 at 18:26, Gazzaeverton said:

Finally completed....just.....and happier with the goals conceded too this time....

Screenshot_20221026-182007_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221026-182026_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Well done mate. Have to commend you.  Also found that 2 scores goals as they need space and not block each other.  We're your two strikers pf's?  And what role did your midfielders play

2 hours ago, Mike16 said:

Well done mate. Have to commend you.  Also found that 2 scores goals as they need space and not block each other.  We're your two strikers pf's?  And what role did your midfielders play

Thanks so much......yes 2 seems to work and it's the first time I tried 2 PF's together yes....hope the below helps....

Screenshot_20221027-211055_FM22 Mobile.jpg

47 minutes ago, Gazzaeverton said:

Thanks so much......yes 2 seems to work and it's the first time I tried 2 PF's together yes....hope the below helps....

Screenshot_20221027-211055_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Close to a system I'm using but instead of a 10, I run a DM for extra protection. Only use a 10 when the opp has two midfielders or playing a DM

3 minutes ago, Uncleseekx said:

Close to a system I'm using but instead of a 10, I run a DM for extra protection. Only use a 10 when the opp has two midfielders or playing a DM

Bruno plays the 10 and like I said if the opp uses a 10 we play with a DM as the picture shows. This was a 4-2-4 to begin with but I was always over ran in the midfield by 4-2-3-1's so fullbacks were sold for CB's

Screenshot_20221027-220332~2.png

20 minutes ago, Uncleseekx said:

Bruno plays the 10 and like I said if the opp uses a 10 we play with a DM as the picture shows. This was a 4-2-4 to begin with but I was always over ran in the midfield by 4-2-3-1's so fullbacks were sold for CB's

Screenshot_20221027-220332~2.png

Yes looks very similiar really....for most high scoring challenges I was always going with wingbacks or inverted ones, but I agree that I think 3 at the back is better.....the front players all need high teamwork, creativity and movement too...

1 hour ago, Gazzaeverton said:

Yes looks very similiar really....for most high scoring challenges I was always going with wingbacks or inverted ones, but I agree that I think 3 at the back is better.....the front players all need high teamwork, creativity and movement too...

One thing I don't like about it though, for some reason even with the three CB's the goalie rarely gives them the ball when distribution is on short, he kicks it in

On 27/10/2022 at 21:11, Gazzaeverton said:

I always thought playing without wingbacks would be very leaky. So this is a wonderful tactic. What instructions were you using.