Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Tactics problems

D10S10

Hi guys, I'm having problems with the tactic, until last year it was fine, 65/66% average ball possession, now the same tactic but it doesn't work anymore, there are matches where they now make 51% 😂 really frustrating, broken game ?
Also I don't understand why now when I play with "narrow width" it says I'm playing tiki taka upright, while if I play with "balanced or wide width" it says I'm playing tiki taka, but actually makes more possession with "narrow width " here too, broken game?

Hi guys, I'm having problems with the tactic, until last year it was fine, 65/66% average ball possession, now the same tactic but it doesn't work anymore, there are matches where they now make 51% 😂 really frustrating, broken game ?

Hi @D10S10 - thanks for asking these questions. Can you post images / screenshots of your tactic? Then we can provide better answers.

As some guesses about what could be wrong:

1. do you have any IFs or SS in your tactic? As their movement was changed in this year's version.  
  2. do you have any players in the AMC positions? As opposition MCs have often been moved back to become DMCs in this year's version.
  3. are you playing on a control / attacking / overload mentality? As this leads to higher risk passes, so you have less chance of keeping possession. I think this may have been tweaked over the past few year's versions.

Also I don't understand why now when I play with "narrow width" it says I'm playing tiki taka upright, while if I play with "balanced or wide width" it says I'm playing tiki taka, but actually makes more possession with "narrow width " here too, broken game?

It doesn't matter what the game says you are playing 'tiki taka upright / direct' or normal 'tiki taka' - these are just labels and should not affect your tactic.

However yes - often you'll get more possession with narrow width - because your players are closer together, so the passes between your players are shorter & easier to connect. They are less likely to lose the ball.

If you want high possession with wide width, you need to arrange your tactic so the players are positioned closer together, to get similar possession results.

Hi @DanInglese_ _ thank you for your attention, yes of course, now i'm sharing the tactic i used up to fmm22, and the tactic i use in fmm23. In the first tactic you can see that I played with "narrow width" and advanced playmakers, average ball possession calculated at the end of the championship, 66% Same tactic in fmm23 a real disaster, possession that goes up and down without logic, the advanced registers are no longer able to keep possession always up. In the second tactic you can see that I changed the two playmakers, into attacking midfielders, and from "narrow width" I switched to balanced, because the game tells me that with "balanced width" I'm playing tiki taka. I manage to keep possession up, but not like last year, and even the goals score much less. Furthermore, it often happens to close the first half with 79% of ball possession, and close the game with an incredible 62%. What is your thought about it? thanks again for your attention.

Screenshot_20220911-093656_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220911-093701_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220911-093706_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220911-093710_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220911-093646_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221006-061814_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221006-061726_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20230211-160856_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20230211-160901_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20230211-160905_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20230211-160910_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20230211-160925_FM23 Mobile.jpg