Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Can’t score, getting bored

I consider myself to be good at this game (impeccable recruitment, squad development and training etc). In other saves on this version I’ve taken championship sides and won europa league within four seasons.  Even this save is going well into the third season but a major irritation of mine is the goals scored column (47!) which doesn’t feel realistic at all for a top four regular which is what I am.

I play attacking football and have wonderkid strikers and IFs but every match is a slow grind especially against weak opposition. Wins are thanks to clinical finishing rather than chances created.

Occasionally this season I have tried tactics from this forum such as the 3-4-1-2 and they’ve provided a short term lift (vs Inter and Liverpool) but I had to bin them to avoid a heavy losing streak as teams were dinking balls over the top and I couldn’t handle it defensively (conceding 2-3 clear cut chances per game wasn’t sustainable).

Has anybody else faced this conundrum? It would break my heart to give up on this save after all the work I put in building the squad but it has been the most boring save because of the hopeless goal return. It’s making me so angry that it occasionally distracts me from real life stuff which is unhealthy.

IMG_1097.png

IMG_1098.png

IMG_1099.png

Yeah I think it’s a pretty common situation in this years version after they changed (sone say nerfed) IFs.

To help, I literally wrote a guide on how to ‘evolve your tactic’ with a 41221 to score more goals …

Spoiler

It literally has 4 options for exactly for what you’re asking …

1762E31C-66F2-4762-B339-4DC4D24EB801.thumb.jpeg.24dc58ffa826b664e30efb70965e77c3.jpeg

2B2F024F-2F2B-4BB0-862B-2E2260B25F7F.thumb.jpeg.6525053f59877a45cc46c13590c9345b.jpeg

Maybe the problem can be fixed with different tunings working together. 

Reading your post I would like to highlight a point I experienced in the past. I suggest to not use too many wonderkids at the same time in the starting XI. In a post on the forum is well explained they are like crazy white rabbits. They can resolve the matches but stay hidden for the remaining 89 minutes as well. 

Edited by Migraz
18 minutes ago, Migraz said:

I suggest to not use too many wonderkids at the same time in the starting XI

That’s a great point. I’m not sure how Silva and Neto have developed (as examples), but good goal-scoring requires both finishing and decisions - younger wonderkids tend to have great potential, but their decisions / me take tend to be lower.

074A6BB4-EF94-47AB-A41B-CA7C22A1C60D.thumb.jpeg.ee1ca8ded84d18be57c04410a66098d1.jpeg

Thanks,

A guide like that is exactly what I need and I hadn’t seen it before.

The DM to RP change worked a treat in this game. Mostly by encouraging the BBMs to push up higher as he drives forward from deep.  Would be the ideal role for Bellingham if I can afford him this summer!

IMG_1101.png

1 hour ago, DanEnglish said:

That’s a great point. I’m not sure how Silva and Neto have developed (as examples), but good goal-scoring requires both finishing and decisions - younger wonderkids tend to have great potential, but their decisions / me take tend to be lower.

074A6BB4-EF94-47AB-A41B-CA7C22A1C60D.thumb.jpeg.ee1ca8ded84d18be57c04410a66098d1.jpeg

Silva infuriates me. His attributes have grown marvellously and is worth £90+ million but:

1) he fluffs big chances in important games

2) he’s beaten for pace by most defenders in the highlights I can see

Other strikers like Oshimen are much more fun to watch but I really wanted to develop Silva but am close to running out of patience and I have two regens who are likely to surpass him ability-wise within a few years.

IMG_1102.png

Elite striker as the the description says BUT... for point 1) I think he lacks a little bit of leadership and creativity.

For point 2), assuming the defenders in EPL are not so slow, they win Fabio thanks to a higher combination with aggression. 

Only based on his characteristics, without seeing his traits and coach pros/cons, I would give him an AF role. For sure not a CF as defined in his sheet.