Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Bilbao Conundrum

AndyDotP

Started a new save with Bilbao after another post on here as had never experienced the signing restrictions like they have before.

All started well and picking up some decent talent from the Basque region but after a couple of seasons Barca, Real and few of the other big teams come and snap up the talent. Either sell for as high as you can or keep them and risk the squad harmony dropping as everyone wants to make a move.

Trying my best to bring through youth to replace the outgoings and just understand that the churn will happen every year to replace the top performers. Anyone else have any other solutions on how to manage Bilbao?

When I managed in spain, put the release clause as high as possible, when I was at Deportivo I had them around 120 million to 1 billion, normally works if you add a little bit to there wage 

I coached him for 3 seasons, I never sold, although they offered me players, they also wanted to leave but I never sold to them, I always tried to convince them to stay. In the end, those players who wanted to leave and had low morale ended up wanting to stay. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen to me with any of the Williams

That said, Ahien Muñoz (LTI) is a good signing, as is Álvaro Núñez (LTD). Quite necessary, especially for next season, since De Marcos and Yuri are older.

In A.Bilbao C, Athletic's third team, Aimar Vicandi and Peio Huestamendia (or Peio Canales) are doing quite well!

In real life, most players do not want to leave Athletic unless it is necessary for the club. And a few renewed without clause

and is Athletic Club not bilbao, please

Edited by pulgatxovcf
33 minutes ago, pulgatxovcf said:

I coached him for 3 seasons, I never sold, although they offered me players, they also wanted to leave but I never sold to them, I always tried to convince them to stay. In the end, those players who wanted to leave and had low morale ended up wanting to stay. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen to me with any of the Williams

That said, Ahien Muñoz (LTI) is a good signing, as is Álvaro Núñez (LTD). Quite necessary, especially for next season, since De Marcos and Yuri are older.

In A.Bilbao C, Athletic's third team, Aimar Vicandi and Peio Huestamendia (or Peio Canales) are doing quite well!

In real life, most players do not want to leave Athletic unless it is necessary for the club. And a few renewed without clause

and is Athletic Club not bilbao, please

Amazing how well Athletic have run in the last say 30 years. Absolute credit to the club and the players. Stay loyal throughout, that in itself is something, no loyalty anywhere these days. I wouldn't mind managing them at some point. I have Germany, Spain, Holland, England and France running. I am currently 1860 Munich