Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Franky's RELENTLESS Tactic

NOTE: Once downloaded, export a current tactic from within the game and your phone/tablet will create a new folder, after which you just copy and paste the downloaded tactic into that folder. Then simply import it from the tactics screen and you'll have it in your game. However, if you're still having trouble with importing the tactic (as many have reported), obviously just copy the instructions and if you want to implement the highly tweaked defensive and attacking set-piece instructions, just scroll down on the first page of my SLICK tactic thread until you get to the screenshots.

INTRO/PLAYERS REQUIRED
Hi all, I wanted to create a tactic for 'top half of the table teams' that deployed wing play as I was getting a bit bored of everything going the through the middle with my SLICK tactic. It's called RELENTLESS because it's relentlessly attacking in nature with everyone other than the two centre backs bombing forward. After testing half a season with my Wycombe team, I'm confident it's ready for public consumption lol. The formation is the same, as are all the player roles except for the defenders. The heartbeat of the team is the DMC who needs to have good creativity, passing, tackling and positioning. You'll also need a decent all round striker with reasonable aerial ability. All four defenders need to be quick due to the high defensive line and the right sided centre back should be the better header of the two as he's the main goal threat from attacking corners. The three central midfielders all need to be defensively sound with a good work rate (hardworking) in order to keep up with the high pressing demands of the tactic, plus have them train 'shooting' as all three will be getting plenty of shots off. The full backs need to have decent crossing and dribbling as they'll be getting forward to put crosses in, although the main strategy for opening up defences is overloads along the flanks that pull opposition defenders out of position, creating gaps in and around the box for the rampaging central midfielders to exploit.

IMPORTANT........ after extensive play time, it's become apparent that for the DMC (roaming playmaker), strength and aggression are VERY important attributes. Because he gets on the ball more than any other player, the opposition's midfield will try to bully him but a strong and aggressive DMC won't allow that to happen and instead will assert his authority on games. This in turn really allows the tactic to click, allowing the attacking players to flourish.

TACTIC USAGE.......... It's a plug and play tactic and the only in-game change you need to make if you want to see the game out is to use the 'time wasting' option at any point from the beginning of the second half in order to frustrate the opposition. Defensive and attacking set pieces are tweaked so to get the best out of the tactic, you'll have to download it from the link at the bottom of this post, below the last screenshot. Corners should ideally be inswinging only.

RESULTS........... Strolled the league with a strong Wycombe team in it's 4th season in the top flight plus Champions League, steamrolling Barcelona in the final. Mistakenly played weakened teams at home in both domestic cup competitions and paid the penalty, otherwise quadruple would have been a probability rather than just a possibility.......... you will dominate with any top 4 team.

If you try it, please let us know how you get on.

Franky's RELENTLESS Tactic.tac

Screenshot_2024-03-01-00-56-58-360_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-01-00-57-32-905_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-01-00-58-05-572_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-01-00-58-18-288_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-01-00-58-39-019_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-01-00-56-21-019_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-01-00-56-38-582_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-01-01-00-25-867_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-01-01-00-29-097_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-01-01-00-32-704_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Edited by Franky1971
4 hours ago, panjalakuruchi said:

Hi for some reason i cant import the tactic.. can u show ur corner set piece pls?

Hi, all set piece routine screenshots have been posted on the first page here...... 

Edited by Franky1971
Posted (edited)

Haven't had any feedback on this tactic yet but I would recommend people to try it. With the big 15.2 update, started a new Bournemouth save and with only a few transfers and no loans, finished the season second and won the FA Cup. Notable results being a 5-0 hammering of Liverpool at Anfield, 4-0 wins away at Newcastle and Villa and beating Arsenal at the Emirates twice in a week.

My £17m striker Giurassy absolutely killed it, finishing as the league's top scorer and winning the 'Player of the Year' award. Had never heard of him before so snap him up if you start a new save in the Prem.

Used the tactic as a plug and play with the only change being 'time wasting' to hold onto slender leads in the second half of games.

Screenshot_2024-03-09-18-44-24-890_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-18-45-42-172_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-18-46-06-517_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-18-46-40-633_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-18-46-49-160_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-18-47-19-164_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-18-48-39-406_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-18-48-34-378_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-19-01-55-683_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-19-11-51-288_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Edited by Franky1971
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, panjalakuruchi said:

Use this one.. but the set piece set up is under the slick one

Thanks yes, exactly that. I've not used Slick on the new update but this one works great.

2 hours ago, hoon87 said:

How did you use the best 11 and nominees when you played Bournemouth?

Not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?

11 hours ago, hoon87 said:

Which one should I use, the "Slick" tactic or this one?

Has been correctly answered above.

Edited by Franky1971
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, hoon87 said:

Should I use a counter-foot winger for 'If'?

I'm sorry. I'm not good at English

Very good question. If he is slow (below 15 pace) and his crossing is not great (below 13) then yes, must be counter foot but if he is quick with good crossing ability then a left footer works well on the left and right footer on the right..... he will play like an inverted winger.

Edited by Franky1971
1 hour ago, ministryofsillywalks said:

@Franky1971 can you provide recommended attributes for each position please? 

Apart from the standard requirements, it's the following........

Pace is important for all players except the three midfielders.

Work rate (hardworking) for the three midfielders, full backs and striker.

Tackling, positioning, passing and creativity for the DM.

Started a new save with Napoli using this tactic. 

Won Seria A - 26w/8d/4l - 81gf/27ga

Won Italy cup vs inter 2-0

Superccopa lost vs inter 1-0

Won UCL quarterfinals vs Madrid 3-1agg

Won UCL semifinal vs Barca 5-0agg

Lost final vs City last minute corner kick 😂

No transfers made the whole season, rotated 2 squads between games for fitness. Editor on, but not used it. Only have it to see players potential. 

Osimhen scored 26 goals and 12 assists in 40 games in all competitions.

Politano 16 goals 17 assists 37 games

Zielinski 11 goals 11 assists 39 games

Kvara 7 goals 14 assists (the most in the team) with 40 games

To conclude, I’ve used this tactic as plug and play and in some important games I’d use time wasting that’s it. Defensively very solid with the defenders I had conceding 27 is good I guess.

Of course with better players the tactic would perform even better. 

Well done mate 👍

UPDATE........ after extensive play time, it's become apparent that for the DMC (roaming playmaker), strength and aggression are VERY important attributes. Because he gets on the ball more than any other player, the opposition's midfield will try to bully him but a strong and aggressive DMC won't allow that to happen and instead will assert his authority on games. This in turn really allows the tactic to click, allowing the attacking players to flourish.

I've updated the original post with this info.

Posted (edited)

With a strong Bournemouth team, won the treble in the third season after two runner-up finishes in the league. Solanke was on fire in the Champions League semi final and the final itself was also a very one sided affair. Defensively very sound as well, conceding just 13 goals in the league and only one game all season where we conceded more than one goal......... I will say this is better than my other tactics and the one I will stick to going forward.

Screenshot_2024-03-22-05-31-55-633_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-21-19-54-18-832_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-22-05-24-40-661_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Edited by Franky1971
45 minutes ago, Franky1971 said:

With a strong Bournemouth team, won the treble in the third season after two runner-up finishes in the league. Solanke was on fire in the Champions League semi final and the final itself was also a very one sided affair. Defensively very sound as well, conceding just 13 goals in the league and only one game all season where we conceded more than one goal......... I will say this is better than my other tactics and the one I will stick to going forward.

Screenshot_2024-03-22-05-31-55-633_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-21-19-54-18-832_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-22-05-24-40-661_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Can you show us your best 11?

Hi Franky,

I tried the tactic in the final part of the first season of one of my new saves and I must say that the opinion was more than positive.

The tactics are very solid, the team gives the feeling of having control of the game even in matches where the odds are unfavorable. I was already first with a mid-table team, with a personal 4-3-3 which however produced negative statistics away even in case of victory (% possession and shots).

I used your tactics in the last 12 games and, as they demonstrate the screens, almost all with a difficulty rating of at least 3. After 5 games I changed the PF to AF and things went much better in terms of % of goals scored on total shots.

The reason for the change is due to the constant message in the post-match reports "the forward was too isolated", so I changed to AF which allows for greater involvement of attacker in the offensive phase and better danger in the last 16 meters (especially in the latest update, the aggressive attitude is more dictated by the team mentality than by other settings, I therefore believe that with the tactical shape a PF does not add anything significant to the pressure to recover the ball, vice versa it forces the attacker to play far from the opposite area too often).

The new season as an underdog in Serie B has started very well, the use of AF has confirmed its benefits (average 3 goals per game), despite I had to renew 50% of the team (almost entirely with free transfers, given the limited budget at provision).

I will update in case of changes to the observed trend.

Briefly, the best tactic on FMM Vibe after the update: well done, bro! 

Screenshot_2024-03-21-19-53-26-151_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-21-19-56-11-036_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-22-23-15-55-849_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-22-23-15-43-973_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

3 hours ago, oskarsson81 said:

Hi Franky,

I tried the tactic in the final part of the first season of one of my new saves and I must say that the opinion was more than positive.

The tactics are very solid, the team gives the feeling of having control of the game even in matches where the odds are unfavorable. I was already first with a mid-table team, with a personal 4-3-3 which however produced negative statistics away even in case of victory (% possession and shots).

I used your tactics in the last 12 games and, as they demonstrate the screens, almost all with a difficulty rating of at least 3. After 5 games I changed the PF to AF and things went much better in terms of % of goals scored on total shots.

The reason for the change is due to the constant message in the post-match reports "the forward was too isolated", so I changed to AF which allows for greater involvement of attacker in the offensive phase and better danger in the last 16 meters (especially in the latest update, the aggressive attitude is more dictated by the team mentality than by other settings, I therefore believe that with the tactical shape a PF does not add anything significant to the pressure to recover the ball, vice versa it forces the attacker to play far from the opposite area too often).

The new season as an underdog in Serie B has started very well, the use of AF has confirmed its benefits (average 3 goals per game), despite I had to renew 50% of the team (almost entirely with free transfers, given the limited budget at provision).

I will update in case of changes to the observed trend.

Briefly, the best tactic on FMM Vibe after the update: well done, bro! 

Screenshot_2024-03-21-19-53-26-151_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-21-19-56-11-036_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-22-23-15-55-849_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-22-23-15-43-973_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. The reason I use a PF is not for the pressing but to cut down on the offsides and also he links the play well. I found AFs to get caught offside too much for my liking but will do some testing with an AF to see if the update to 15.2 has made any difference.

I can't play much these days due to work, however the tactics are still excellent even if at a certain point, despite conceding little, I started scoring less (some 1-0 or 1-1) and  I decide to try a CF instead of AF.

After that, I started scoring again a decent number of goals (same striker from the previous season). Also, after the change, the quality of the goals and the variety of the attacking play improved.

My idea is that it depends on the defensive settings of the AI, which adapt tactics during the game; given that, I did not notice significantly different movements of the attacker when switching between AF and CF. So I think that starting with the PF remains the best solution, and then there woud be the need of changing the role for the attacker when you notice a lack of offensive weight, repetitiveness of offensive actions in final third or recurrence of identical negative messages about the attacker in the report post match.

I update in the end of the second season.

Posted (edited)
On 27/03/2024 at 17:57, oskarsson81 said:

I can't play much these days due to work, however the tactics are still excellent even if at a certain point, despite conceding little, I started scoring less (some 1-0 or 1-1) and  I decide to try a CF instead of AF.

After that, I started scoring again a decent number of goals (same striker from the previous season). Also, after the change, the quality of the goals and the variety of the attacking play improved.

My idea is that it depends on the defensive settings of the AI, which adapt tactics during the game; given that, I did not notice significantly different movements of the attacker when switching between AF and CF. So I think that starting with the PF remains the best solution, and then there woud be the need of changing the role for the attacker when you notice a lack of offensive weight, repetitiveness of offensive actions in final third or recurrence of identical negative messages about the attacker in the report post match.

I update in the end of the second season.

Yes, I think it's built into the game that there will be plenty of low scoring games to offset all the high scoring ones for the sake of realism. As for the striker, I used an AF for my first season in the Prem with Wycombe and he did really well, helping us finish 10th when we were top candidates for relegation. However, I still found he got caught offside way too often for my liking so my advice would be to use an AF only if he 'likes to try to beat the offside trap', in which case the AF role would work really well. I havent tried the CF role but I can see that working well for a striker with good physicality (i.e. strength) as it requires him to hold the ball up and bring others into play, although he might also get caught offside more often than I'd like. Personally, I'm more than happy with my striker as a PF because the only real requirement is decent work rate, which means the role accommodates more players than any other role and especially as work rate can be increased permanently by praising/criticizing. Also, the PF role has worked really well in involving others in attacking plays whilst still being the focal point and the strikers I've used in this role have always excelled with great goalscoring numbers......... so it's a case of no need to fix what's not broken.

Anyhow, after finishing 10th in the first season, then spending not a whole lot but looking for bargains and with a mid table prediction, we won the Prem in the second season. This has never happened before where my promoted team has won the league in the second season. Prior to using this tactic, the earliest we'd won it was the 4th season so to do so in only the second is some achievement. I don't loan in players (just how I like to play the game) and at the end of the season, only had one player worth more than £30m so again, I feel the tactic has truly excelled in getting the best out of the players at my disposal. Was pretty much vintage performances, one after another......... I would definitely say this is my best tactic on FM24!!

Screenshot_2024-03-29-06-38-45-734_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-29-06-39-18-371_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-29-06-40-26-287_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Edited by Franky1971

this is probably a pretty obvious question but where do you see workrates I cant find it anywhere.  or is it in traits?

5 hours ago, hhvvss said:

this is probably a pretty obvious question but where do you see workrates I cant find it anywhere.  or is it in traits?

If you use the Assistant Manager app (can be found in the download section), you can see hidden traits such as work rate. If you don't use it, then yes you need to look for 'hardworking' in the scout/coach report.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Franky1971 said:

Prior to using this tactic, the earliest we'd won it was the 4th season so to do so in only the second is some achievement. I don't loan in players (just how I like to play the game) and at the end of the season, only had one player worth more than £30m so again, I feel the tactic has truly excelled in getting the best out of the players at my disposal. Was pretty much vintage performances, one after another......... I would definitely say this is my best tactic on FM24!!

I agree. For the first time in this edition, I don't feel the need to strengthen the team too much for the next first season in the Premium League, because most of the players performed very well during the season. Also for attacker, I think I'll start with CF and go back to PF or AF if something goes wrong.

For my second season results, I was promoted and won Serie B with 4 games to go, in the last 3 games I tried (without any motivation) to use two APs instead of B2B and the results were interesting (I conceded a few more goals to the opponents, but not as much as I thought)

Screenshot_2024-03-29-06-36-06-573_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-29-06-37-32-793_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Edited by oskarsson81
Posted (edited)

4th season in the Prem with a strong Wycombe side and just missed out on the quadruple after somehow losing the FA Cup final on penalties to Chelsea. One of the highlights was smashing Real Madrid 8-0 on aggregate in the Champions League semi final, including totally dominating them at the Bernabeu. Another one was 35 clean sheets out of 38 in the league.

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-40-09-346_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-17-54-16-927_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-48-15-886_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-48-30-953_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-49-42-439_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-49-56-193_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-50-24-771_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-50-40-797_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-40-43-425_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-47-32-219_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Edited by Franky1971
Posted (edited)

how are your IF performing with this tactic?

I actually used your SLICK tactic quite successfully also with the latest update, however the IF - while rating wise not performing too bad, barely score. 

is it different with this one?

also: how important is the libero role for this tactic? how important is it to have a good fit for it? you mentioned it's supposed to be a tactic for a top half of the table team (rather than elite), however I feel like the libero role is the most challenging one for the DC position. not a lot of DCs have high creativity.

Edited by carbi84
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, carbi84 said:

how are your IF performing with this tactic?

I actually used your SLICK tactic quite successfully also with the latest update, however the IF - while rating wise not performing too bad, barely score. 

is it different with this one?

also: how important is the libero role for this tactic? how important is it to have a good fit for it? you mentioned it's supposed to be a tactic for a top half of the table team (rather than elite), however I feel like the libero role is the most challenging one for the DC position. not a lot of DCs have high creativity.

The IFs assist more than score. One of the main goalscoring strategies is the cut backs by the IFs for the two BBMs and the RPM who will also get forward to receive passes, so IFs not scoring heavily isn't an issue. They would score more if the team didn't work the ball into the box but then you'd lose other aspects of the tactic plus their creativity makes up for that. They also play an important role defensively by pressing opposition full backs and stopping them from playing.

The liberos have two purposes within this tactic. Firstly they'll push up with the ball, meaning the RPM will receive passes in a more more advanced position, which is what you want in order to get the best out of him. Secondly, I find they play the offside trap better and help to compensate a little for the RPM being high up the pitch during opposition counter attacks. It's critical they must have decent pace and positioning in order to protect against balls over the top........ and I wouldn't worry too much about they're creative ability. Yes it helps but it's not critical.

If you've used my Slick tactic then give this one a go and let us know which you prefer. Me personally, I prefer this one.

Edited by Franky1971
On 04/04/2024 at 04:54, Franky1971 said:

4th season in the Prem with a strong Wycombe side and just missed out on the quadruple after somehow losing the FA Cup final on penalties to Chelsea. One of the highlights was smashing Real Madrid 8-0 on aggregate in the Champions League semi final, including totally dominating them at the Bernabeu. Another one was 35 clean sheets out of 38 in the league.

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-40-09-346_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-17-54-16-927_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-48-15-886_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-48-30-953_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-49-42-439_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-49-56-193_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-50-24-771_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-50-40-797_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-40-43-425_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-03-21-47-32-219_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

What role is ur striker for this bro? AF or CF?

9 hours ago, panjalakuruchi said:

What role is ur striker for this bro? AF or CF?

Always PF....... he gets caught offside less plus brings others into play really well, whilst still managing to be prolific.