Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 Question about Formation Strategy

atx24

I typically use a 4-1-3-2 with either 2 wingers and a CM or 3 Center-Mids. I'm currently 6th in the Premier Division but have lost a few games to teams at the bottom of my league. I have noticed that at half-time if I start poorly, I can turn the game around by switching my formation from wingers & CM to 3 CM or vice versa. Is there a good strategy to use against defensive minded teams or particular formations. I pay attention to my match stats and see somewhat dramatic changes in possession based on whether I use wingers or not. When I use 3 CM should I be changing my fullbacks to wingbacks? I'm curious whether I should be strategizing more against particular formations or using the same formations against every team regardless. Thanks!

When playing a centralised midfield play your DR and DL as Wong backs, this gives the team width :)

I currently use a 4 2-3-1 that's centralised with 2 cm's and 3 AMC so I play Wing Backs to give me attacking width :) it kinda turns into a 4-5-1 when defensive :) so yeah I'd recommend Wing Backs, and a pressing formation :)

I alway struggle to score against teams playing 4-4-1-1, even when I outclass them by a fair margin. I've tried 4-3-1-2, 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-3 over the seasons and none seem to be able to consistently beat the dreaded 4-4-1-1. I always have a centralised midfield, use wing backs and have pressing on.

Teams that play four in midfield and four in defence seem to give most problems, presumably because the wing backs are too busy dealing with their wide midfielders to get forward, but stretching my midfield out to the sides doesn't seem overly effective.

If anyone has any tips or formations that can wallop a 4-4-1-1, I'd be grateful.

Try to play a 4231 against a 4411. Or at least something with 5 midfielders (4321, 42221,...) Holding the midfield is key.