Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 AlexP's 4-2-3-1 Version 1&2

AlexP

Please note I now use direct passing as it is more effective.

Version 1

The original version is an attacking 4231 formation with plenty of width, lots of through balls and crosses in the box to create chances. In defence a high line, offside trap and pressing.

I have tried to implement this the best I can with the tactic options available on FMH.

The Formation/Player Roles

QEOWsmt.png

Team Instructions

Xs8fSKS.png

Granada Test (direct passing)

AaUEHKd.png

Tottenham Test (short passing)

Awh4u5s.png

Truro Test (short passing)

07fYJhj.png

Player Attribute Guide

I always look for decent attribute levels in decisions, teamwork and stamina as these are vital attributes and in my opinion help most positions.

Centre Backs

Just standard defenders to add balance nothing flash needed. Main attributes to look for are Decisions, positioning, teamwork, tackling, strength and heading. Aggression is also good for this role.

Wing Backs

Good attackers and defenders, sprinting forward in possession and back when the team loses the ball. Stamina, pace, movement, positioning, crossing and tackling.

Centre Mids

All round, balanced, neutral midfielders. Need to attack and defend. Will get scoring chances, Sandro managed 11 league goals. Good level of stats for everything helps. Main stats for this position Decisions, teamwork, stamina, passing, movement, positioning and tackling.

Advanced Playmaker

Creative player in a free role playing in the hole. Creativity, technique, passing, dribbling, teamwork, decisions and movement. Shooting is also an advantage.

Wingers

Playing out wide they either find a lot of space and are unmarked or pull defenders out of position, creating space in the centre of the pitch. My wingers were my top creators. Bale got 21 and Lennon got 16 assists in the league. They need to provide deadly, pinpoint crosses into the box. Crossing, creativity, dribbling, pace, technique, movement. Passing helps.

Poacher

Always looking to get on the end of through balls, crosses and team passing moves. Most chances will fall to this player. He needs to be excellent at finishing with his head as well as his feet. Shooting, heading, movement, pace and decisions. Strength is a bonus for winning those aerial battles.

Version 2

I made this modified version incase the AI figure out Version 1.

The 2 CM's used to push far upfield leaving space for the opposition to counter. So there roles have been changed to BWM and DLM. This change helped the defence, but this left the Advanced Playmaker and Poacher isolated. So the wingers have been replaced by Inside Forwards to give extra support in the centre. Everything else is the same.

I know this was made in my 3rd season and therefor it's not a fair test of the formation, but these changes corrected all problems the IA can figure out and created an entertaining style of football.

Formation/Player Roles

9lNqlI8.jpg

Team Instructions

VpzJ7JJ.png

Modified Player Roles Attribute Guide

BWM

A tough tackler who closes down the opposition. Decisions, tackling, positioning, teamwork, stamina. Aggression is an advantage.

DLM

An all round player seems to work well in this role. Decisions, teamwork, passing, tackling, stamina, positioning and creativity are important.

Inside Forwards

They sometimes beat the man on the outside and cross. Or cut inside and either pass or shoot. Dribbling, movement, passing, crossing, shooting, creativity and technique.

If u get a player sent off, then play without an Advanced Playmaker (see pic below) and the team still seems to play ok.

LLk4xzj.png

Love the 4-2-3-1 formation and its variations as it gives cover whilst allowing your attacking players license to do what they do best !!

I use BPDs, BWMs, IFs and a CMF but the ethos is the same .... It works :)

Love the 4-2-3-1 formation and its variations as it gives cover whilst allowing your attacking players license to do what they do best !!

I use BPDs, BWMs, IFs and a CMF but the ethos is the same .... It works :)

I'm sticking with my 4-3-3 :D (not bugle)

Well it's technically a 4-1-2-2-1 (Wide AMRLs). It's in my signature though I do vary some things like roles, mentality and things quite often

I know this is only a few games in and you can't say a tactic Is brilliant with out a season testing but I think this tactic is brilliant! Very attacking and the Pcr scores lots of goals!!

C8amY9U.png

I hope other people comment and try this tactic as it is very good as you can see from above :D

Brilliant tactic I've tried it and it scores so many goals! :D

Thanks FMH King, glad it's working for you.

sorry it didnt go that well for me for the first sight

I started playing as QPR and its going well for me top of the league beat Man U away.

Did u follow my player guide?

Also sometimes u need to give a tactic time to bed in.

Dear Alex

I did not sign any player, I am trying tactics with current squads.

I didnt want to say it is not succesfull

You are right we need to give some time to tactics. I am sure we can get lots of win with yours

Dear AlexI did not sign any player, I am trying tactics with current squads.I didnt want to say it is not succesfullYou are right we need to give some time to tactics. I am sure we can get lots of win with yours

No problem badigard turkey. I was just suggesting did u read my player guide, because in my opinion OPR have lots of strikers who can play as inside forwards. QPR would suite a narrow formation style. My formation focuses on width and needs wingers with crossing ability. I had to do a bit of wheeling and dealing on my QPR save to make it work.

Dear AlexI did not sign any player, I am trying tactics with current squads.I didnt want to say it is not succesfullYou are right we need to give some time to tactics. I am sure we can get lots of win with yours

No problem badigard turkey. I was just suggesting did u read my player guide, because in my opinion OPR have lots of strikers who can play as inside forwards. QPR would suite a narrow formation style. My formation focuses on width and needs out and out wingers with crossing ability. I had to do a bit of wheeling and dealing on my QPR save to make it work.

You really need a strong winger and APM (maybe two strong wingmen) as well as a consistent forward as the goals will usually be courtesy of:

1) Winger crosses ball in, Striker or APM finishes (mostly striker)

2) APM does something crazy and sets up winger or striker to score (mostly striker yet again)

Basically you need to overhaul the wide section of QPR :P

Do you just go out attacking all the time or change to balanced say if you're away to a hard team?

Also, have you tried inside forwards instead of winger?

Do you just go out attacking all the time or change to balanced say if you're away to a hard team?

Also, have you tried inside forwards instead of winger?

I just play attacking all the time, I never change any settings.

I haven't tried inside forwards. I prefer wingers. They find a lot of space out on the flanks, to provide crosses. They also drag the opposition defenders out wide, creating loads of space for the central players. That's the style of play I wanted to create, lots of width.

First season manage to win EPL with 31 win 7 draw, but the tactics in second almost cannot make it cus i falling behind with 2 win 9 draw, causing 13 point behind leaders :( , i using tottenham. 

First season manage to win EPL with 31 win 7 draw, but the tactics in second almost cannot make it cus i falling behind with 2 win 9 draw, causing 13 point behind leaders :( , i using tottenham.

Excellent 1st season unbeaten in the league with Tottenham. I was walking the second season with Spurs on my save, top of EPL, top of champ league group. Before getting bored.

I know some people have said the AI figure out your tactic, but not experienced this myself.

There could be several different reasons for your poor form. How's the morale of your team?

Excellent 1st season unbeaten in the league with Tottenham. I was walking the second season with Spurs on my save, top of EPL, top of champ league group. Before getting bored.

I know some people have said the AI figure out your tactic, but not experienced this myself.

There could be several different reasons for your poor form. How's the morale of your team?

yes, i have some with this experience

yes, i have some with this experience

What season and league did you experience this?

I'm starting a lower league career in the BSS or BSN and building a team up to the premiership. Will hopefully be a good test of the durability of my tactic

I'm using this tactic for my Truro career and won the BSB South in 1st season. Despite starting with -10 points and in financial crisis.

07fYJhj.png

Was unsure how this tactic would work in the lower leagues but it worked great.

Version 2

I made this modified version of my tactic to overcome the weaknesses of the original version. IMO the defence lacked support and the attack was predictable. Also the AI seemed to figure out the original tactic in my Truro career.

The 2 CM's used to push far upfield leaving space for the opposition to counter. So there roles have been changed to BWM and DLM. This change fixed the defence, but this left the Advanced Playmaker and Poacher isolated. So the wingers have been replaced by Inside Forwards to give extra support in the centre. Everything else is the same.

I know this was made in my 3rd season and therefor it's not a fair test of the formation, but these changes corrected all problems and created an entertaining style of football.

Formation/Player Roles
9lNqlI8.jpg

Team Instructions
VpzJ7JJ.png

Modified Player Roles Attribute Guide

BWM
A tough tackler who closes down the opposition. Decisions, tackling, positioning, teamwork, stamina. Aggression is an advantage.

DLM
An all round player seems to work well in this role. Decisions, teamwork, passing, tackling, stamina, positioning and creativity are important.

Inside Forwards
They sometimes beat the man on the outside and cross. Or cut inside and either pass or shoot. Dribbling, movement, passing, crossing, shooting, creativity and technique.

OP updated

Quick question - how long does it take for your players to settle into this tactic? Reason I ask, I've tried this before similar to this with attacking mentality and at the start of the game, I seem to Concede buckets of goals and my players can't get started.

Nice change, I agree.

It looks a lot more solid. Nice work :)

Quick question - how long does it take for your players to settle into this tactic? Reason I ask, I've tried this before similar to this with attacking mentality and at the start of the game, I seem to Concede buckets of goals and my players can't get started.

Thanks for the feedback MUguy and FMH King.

mikeyboy I usually find most of my draws and losses in a season, come near the start or 1st half of the season. Then the last half of the season my team has gelled and perform really well. I'm not sure about the buckets of goals though as you can see in the OP in my Spurs and Truro careers using the more attacking Version 1. I still had a solid goals conceded record compared to the opposition. Only 17 goals conceded in the Leauge all season with Spurs.