Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 [Update 09/05] FMH 2013 Save Editor 13.4.3.0

jaymarvels

lmao. Wow....

Finally got the SE to work on my computer.

I had to change my "region and language" settings to English (United Kingdom) like you showed above, in order for it to work.

So excited now, you have no idea lol

Ahh!

Really good to know!

Its a bug to do with the date/PC format settings...already fixed it so will roll and update out soonish

Marvels i'm just putting this out there since it is a concern for me and maybe others. Is there any way you could show some how on the manager profile or something if the save has been tampered with via the save editor?

My love of FMH comes from doing challenges and playing fair and i simply don't trust everyone to go by the same rules and the ability to alter in game things worries me we could be flooded with secretly "cheated" challenges.

Keep up the great work mate.

Something worth looking at..did offer this to Marc V but he never replied...though if a marker was put on to indicate "edited" it wouldn't necessarily say what is edited?

I think the next update people will be amazed...

It doesn't matter what the player edited. Most challenges state that "no editing allowed". So even if the player edits his name. It's still editing.

But anyways, keep up the good work. looking forward to the update.

As Kyle said most challenges state no editing is allowed so it wouldn't really matter, hopefully you'll be able to come up with something though :)

I've noticed there's a bit of duplication in the national pools.  Is that to be expected?

(e.g. One Canada nationality, but two entries in the national pool drop down)

it doesn't work..

win8 64bit using and my location is south korea

it's not open ios save files

always crash

i really want to use savefile editor

i need someone's help

CLR20r3
 01: fmsaveeditor.exe
02: 2.0.0.0
 03: 518bde4b
 05: 4.0.30319.18033
 06: 50b5a536
   07: 2f1e
   08: 23
  09: System.FormatException

Go into your Control Panel via the Start Menu

And look for "Regional and Language Options" or something alike. And change the setting to say "English(United Kingdom)"

And then it will work.

And after some testing with the regional options. I found that it just has to say "English(UK)" for me. I can change all of the settings to that of the English(US) one. So the SE thinks it's in UK, but I see USA time format, currency, etc.

And I mean currency outside of the SE. The SE still reads in UK format(Don't mind).

That was really the only complaint I have. Was the time format lol. So confusing. I like a 12 hour clock tbh. I'm just glad I don't have to keep switching back and forth. anyways, good job again.

Marvels i'm just putting this out there since it is a concern for me and maybe others. Is there any way you could show some how on the manager profile or something if the save has been tampered with via the save editor?

My love of FMH comes from doing challenges and playing fair and i simply don't trust everyone to go by the same rules and the ability to alter in game things worries me we could be flooded with secretly "cheated" challenges.

Keep up the great work mate.

I agree 100%, however, there should also be something that says if a save has been reloaded, however, there's also the chance of someone forgetting to save and losing the manual save for say a week or something and then getting labelled as a 'reloader'...

At the end of the day, imo, it doesn't really matter if ppl cheat because the whole point of challenges is to have fun from it, for most of us, that's completing it, if someone cheats the system then that's their loss of their enjoyment

lmao you can't put something into the SE that says "reloader"

That isn't possible. It's a clever idea, though.

But I think what should be done is change the color of something that shows up in every screenshot. I'd say the club's color should be changed to something. But that would just piss people off who aren't doing a challenge.

Maybe change something in the Managers Profile and force everyone to take a screenshot of their manager stats with every update.

There's a lot of possibilities that are actually possible. Find a way to change the Manager Points, and if you use the SE make the manager points stuck at "0" or something. That way, with every update. The player has to post a screenshot of their manager page and if it says "0", we know they cheated.

It's simple. Effective. And does anyone ACTUALLY care about Manager points? Like, do they really serve a purpose?

lmao you can't put something into the SE that says "reloader"

That isn't possible. It's a clever idea, though.

But I think what should be done is change the color of something that shows up in every screenshot. I'd say the club's color should be changed to something. But that would just piss people off who aren't doing a challenge.

Maybe change something in the Managers Profile and force everyone to take a screenshot of their manager stats with every update.

There's a lot of possibilities that are actually possible. Find a way to change the Manager Points, and if you use the SE make the manager points stuck at "0" or something. That way, with every update. The player has to post a screenshot of their manager page and if it says "0", we know they cheated.

It's simple. Effective. And does anyone ACTUALLY care about Manager points? Like, do they really serve a purpose?

What if I want to see my manager points and I just wanted to change Neymar to a Left Winger like he is in real life? That's the only problem I guess... If SI wanted to do something then that'd make it easier I suspect

lol then don't use the SE.

The rules on basically every challenge states "no editing". No matter how little it is.

Changing Neymar's position is editing. Thus, losing your manager points :P.

SI isn't going to assist us on this one. They wouldn't waste their time and money helping us edit their save file so we can detect a cheater on a challenge.

It'd be pretty cool though if they did. They just have better things to do :unsure:

lol then don't use the SE.

The rules on basically every challenge states "no editing". No matter how little it is.

Changing Neymar's position is editing. Thus, losing your manager points :P.

SI isn't going to assist us on this one. They wouldn't waste their time and money helping us edit their save file so we can detect a cheater on a challenge.

It'd be pretty cool though if they did. They just have better things to do :unsure:

kyle I meant just for my own personal career and fun... (yes I want manager points :P)

I still think that retraining should let you change a natural position because it happens quite often when a player is converted from a winger to a wingback, or from a defensive to central mid, or from left to right wing or from AM to CM or perhaps a right/left back becoming a centre back...

Like I said, if there's any other suggestions that are actually plausible. Only suggested that because I see manager points as useless. I don't really see the point of them. Does anyone know what the point of them is for?

But regardless, there's really no other viable option lol.

It has to be something that can be coded within the save. But also has to be something that wouldn't affect anything.

Change the name of the team's second team? Like Santos FC Reserves can be renamed to Santos I'm a Cheater.

Or it could have a time-stamp of when the SE was used on the save editor. So Santos FC Reserve can be renamed to

2013-11-03 2:11. Showing that the SE was used at that specific time.

I don't know if that's possible through the SE. But it's an option. It wouldn't affect the game play. Unless you are honestly a big fan of second team play. Then suck it up lol

OR. Change the Reputation of the Manager to something. Like Reputation from Local to Modified or something.

I swear Kera, if you say "I Like looking at my manager reputation". I'll e-slap you :P.

It seriously should not be a big deal if your manager points are at 0. Or you reputation is at Modified. :lol:

Kyle, I 'm a huge B team fan :P. Primarily because Barca "B" actually plays in Liga Adelante and as such face worthy-ish opponents for my youth to practice on :D.

It also means I can have a 50+ player roster :P

Yea, but does it really matter if it's called something else lol. You'll know that the team called "Modified Team" or whatever is clearly your 'B' team. It shouldn't matter in a career you post because I've hardly ever seen anyone post screenshots of how their 'B' team is doing.

You're going to have to make a decision!! ;)

Either changing the Reserves team name, making manager points 0 or changing manager reputation to Modified.

Unless anyone else has any other ideas(which no one is giving), those are the only two I was able to find that wouldn't alter the game play in any way.

But it's up to marvels as to IF he wants to put something like this in and what he would want to do.

We still don't know if he wants to put in the time to make it so people can't cheat during challenges.

He did say it was worth looking into and that he contacted Marc(idk why he contacted Marc regarding this)

But we have to wait to see what Marvels thinks.

So unless you have a better idea, Kera. You're going to have to do without one of the above  :P

True, though tbh mate, I reckon we might as well trust ppl to not edit :P

lol well that's not really an option  :wacko:.

Because there's ways of editing the game without ever being found out.

Whether it be editing hidden stats, other teammates that won't get screenshot or the club itself.

And now the SE is released, there's always going to be the question in the back of everyone's mind of whether or not the player has cheated

You might have trust that no one will cheat, but I don't(sorry everyone).

Because it will happen. And it will just ruin everyone's experience in the friendly competition.

Friendly competition = no use of cheating...

It's kinda like saying that we need to find a way to stop reloading... Which we do, but the point is it's friendly comp and time is probably better spent convincing people of that (so they don't need to reload :P)

Do you really think no one would cheat?

If there's a leader board involved, someone will always cheat.

And there is no way of stopping people from reloading their saves.

But there IS a way to stop them from using the SE during challenges.

comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.

Yes, reloading a save is a form of cheating, but it doesn't make the game easier. It just gives you more chances to correct your mistake.

Oh and Marvels, I noticed when editing a player's stats, the value never goes over 300. And to achieve 20 is sometimes the value 100.

But I couldn't find out how to make a value "1" when actually putting in "1" doesn't work.

I thought it could help for trying to solve the puzzle that is attribute calculating.

I've also noticed less and less people complaining about bugs. Seems your doing really well on fixing these issues. good job.

So I haven't been able to get the save editor working for a while. I had the problem of the save loading but once I saved it, even without editing anything, the file wouldn't reopen. It's essentially the problem terriano had in the previous thread. In reply to that, Marvels asked "Does São Tom?and Príncipe mean anything at all to you?" and I realized I had the same problem where accents would appear as question marks. Basically, I changed the language for non-unicode programs to English (UK) and when I used the save editor, accents would appear properly and the files could now be saved and reopened and functions perfectly.

Definite duiplication in the nations and national pools.

Set a player as "Ireland" and he's come out as Tuvaluan.

And when you re-open the editor, he's set as "Aruba" for the player pool.

Also the national pool sometimes has a huge list of blanks at the top and sometimes it has nothing.

But it's up to marvels as to IF he wants to put something like this in and what he would want to do.

He did say it was worth looking into and that he contacted Marc(idk why he contacted Marc regarding this)

It's not just up to Marvels.  There's certain things he can/can't do in the editor.

And the reason to contact Marc is that he will either get some insight into what is possible, or work with SI so that a clearer / better result is done.

(One that is even less "visible" maybe)

I've noticed there's a bit of duplication in the national pools.  Is that to be expected?

(e.g. One Canada nationality, but two entries in the national pool drop down)

Not expected and after having a look I've noticed it too!

Have found the bug so will release an update soon.

Oh and Marvels, I noticed when editing a player's stats, the value never goes over 300. And to achieve 20 is sometimes the value 100.

But I couldn't find out how to make a value "1" when actually putting in "1" doesn't work.

I thought it could help for trying to solve the puzzle that is attribute calculating.

I've also noticed less and less people complaining about bugs. Seems your doing really well on fixing these issues. good job.

I still have no idea how the attirbute points are calculated, sorry!

It's not just up to Marvels.  There's certain things he can/can't do in the editor.

And the reason to contact Marc is that he will either get some insight into what is possible, or work with SI so that a clearer / better result is done.

The actual reason why i contacted Marc was because he mentioned how his small team spend alot of time trying to "fix" saves sent to him only to then find out they've been edited, so I offered to look to see if there was a way to put some type of marker in for him so they can check and reject right away...

He never came back to me..this was pre 4.3 so guess he was busy ;)

Myself personally I wouldn't want to change manager points/B team names etc etc on the basis that what if a person who doesn't do the competition want to play as normal, only to find Barca B is called "I've Edited" .. got to look at the bigger picture.

Its whether this is a priority over bug fixes/enhancements...I have a list of at least 6 things to add in that I know I can do, just need to do..

Its also finding the correct thing to edit..e.g. I don't think I've come across manager points yet ;) so if that is changed it would take the initial ground work..

So I haven't been able to get the save editor working for a while. I had the problem of the save loading but once I saved it, even without editing anything, the file wouldn't reopen. It's essentially the problem terriano had in the previous thread. In reply to that, Marvels asked "Does São Tom?and Príncipe mean anything at all to you?" and I realized I had the same problem where accents would appear as question marks. Basically, I changed the language for non-unicode programs to English (UK) and when I used the save editor, accents would appear properly and the files could now be saved and reopened and functions perfectly.

Thank you for your solution, Snoh. Now my save can be reopened.  :D

I already know what's possible and what's not possible.

Anyways.

What if instead of altering the save itself, maybe the SE can tell us if the game has been edited? Like a "Last edited at:(time here)" type thing at the bottom of the SE window.

Anyways.

What if instead of altering the save itself, maybe the SE can tell us if the game has been edited? Like a "Last edited at:(time here)" type thing at the bottom of the SE window.

You'd need to physically write that to the save file.

So, you'd need to find an appropriate location in the save file, and, importantly, make sure that that placement doesn't effect the function of the save

Anyways.

So, you'd need to find an appropriate location in the save file, and, importantly, make sure that that placement doesn't effect the function of the save

True.

I'll keep thinking of easy non-disruptive ways. Not really a priority, tbh. I would rather have other fixes.

I haven't really found any bugs though.

Except that if you try to edit yourself as a manager it will have an error. But other than those minor things, you've done a pretty thorough job at fixing things.

Anyways.

True.

I'll keep thinking of easy non-disruptive ways. Not really a priority, tbh. I would rather have other fixes.

I haven't really found any bugs though.

Except that if you try to edit yourself as a manager it will have an error. But other than those minor things, you've done a pretty thorough job at fixing things.

I may have found a way...but its experimental ;)

haha. Nice. That's exactly what I was thinking. Amazing job.

Hi, I have the same problem as with the previous version and all ... I opened the program but only if I open a game, I mean that when I ask open game canceled.
when I want to edit a game will not let me open the program, choose the game, I give it only shows me open my computer and the name of the coach and stays there, nothing happens, but if I try to delete the folder I get a windows errors and that the program stopped working bla bla bla ..... please help! is for android, in type of game is. asg

PD: charging when not just tell me the name of the coach and the team, but a number and always the same -12 -