Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Bala Town : The Welsh Way

@Billy - Thanks mate, remember that time when Bala beat Celtic on penalties...nah, all jokes aside, I loved your Celtic career, hopefully this one can get to that standard of goodness.

@Mike - Thanks Mike, hopefully other people find the layout good as well!

4san9nw.png

Season 5 already? I'm ready to go and blast past my way through the season...LET'S DO THIS

BALA TOWN - We're on our Bala way!

GexPSmi.png

eyCMlD9.jpg

------

rPAJOay.jpg

------

et83Bdd.jpg

------

V3ZSMhu.jpg

First, let's start off with the outs, Julian "Neymar" Williams has moved on to Middlesborough for 100K pounds which is a bargain is my opinion, Dix and Lewis "Xavi" Hughes has also moved on to other English clubs and their values have increased so that's good for them, but on the flip side, I did this so our developing youngsters could get some game time. On the ins, we have Scott Bale who is a good regen from TNS, but pretty generic really, as he has really bad stamina...like everyone.

KkoRFxw.png

74Xr3Is.jpg

------

XXzeSU2.jpg

I think we have a largely robust squad mostly capable of challenging for a 3rd spot in Europe, but definitely not in the last 16. I have incorporated some youngsters into the squad, but you have to see how they will pan out

Also, here are my developing players (except Toby and Roberts):

kGKcezX.jpg

GAjmJml.png

RxiCetk.jpg

Still the same formation, a tweaked version of Piggers' one but it's named the Bacon.

ayxGIsJ.png

78eJqDl.jpg

Bang bang, wait 99 goals? Yes, that's right, we only got 99 goals, I think we can call this one our off season, as the youngsters were just trying to find their feet, but still a solid season defensively, just not on the delivering part.

Welsh Premier League Cup

LuDJjJz.jpg

4-1 against Newtown, when they scored I was panicking that they would win this time again, but they fought back and we won it very strongly.

Welsh Cup

Fn1ft1r.jpg

This is my whole season in a nutshell, we score many goals and I think we can get a clean sheet, but nope, they score.

Here's an exciting bit!

EUROPE

HubUaUU.jpg

We were matched up in a group of death, but we managed to get 3rd!! Just barely! After an amazing win against Monaco in Wales with a single penalty to decide it, we manage to scrape through, and get to the EURO cup, this shows that we can stand up to some top European teams.

And guess who get matched up with....

69PtV0M.jpg

Yep, Manchester City. Seems like a fair score to me, the triple S's strikes me down. I'm just lucky that we got here to be honest, let's hope I can repeat it!

lDAbNJu.png

PqGVD0B.jpg

------

ldmzhbp.jpg

------

xi3szWq.jpg

------

fPxXsyp.jpg

Lukey Boundford is a LEGEND. He is definitely going into my Bala Best XI, he pops in with 48 goals, and he's a beast, what else. Liam Thomas get's there as well with 30 assists in a season, good lad.

8wkeANi.png

rnIjqiP.jpg

------

Yoq2bqv.jpg

------

zYyYs2P.jpg

Too easy! I need a challenge...oh wait, Europe!

wTy2kVi.png

Z3Ow2Ha.jpg

Boom, our front three shares the goals together.

QLVQTej.jpg

Thomas' nickname shall now be known as Oscar.

MHaKVLX.jpg

Nothing to report here.

ypSi9uX.png

wxXiP8y.jpg

STILL 85th WHAT IS THIS, THIS THING IS RIGGED!

Other things to mention! :

Y8WAvNB.jpg

So we're still not Professional but we do have Average training facilities!! YES!

Oh and Toby Jones got a cap for the Welsh squad! I forgot to take a screenshot, but just to put it out there, sadly he is not a youth product, so we still have to do that.

Former Beasts:

pEjda5A.jpg

------

1n8jvfN.jpg

------

SsEDDGu.jpg

If only I could get them back....I'm just dreaming, but they look like fantastic players now. They have to thank Bala and Dragon for helping them grow.

Anyways, that is all for season 5, the next one won't be a seasonal update, but a squad update, so look out for that. Comments and suggestions are always welcome down below, and as always thanks for reading.

Love the layout.

Hammered by City but fantastic result getting 3rd spot in that deadly group.

And Boundford is definitely doing that shooting skill justice.

Great season again.

KIU!!

Another great season.

Only slight negative for me is the use of someone else's tactic all be it slightly tweaked. It's always nice to come up with something yourself but I do appreciate your philosophy needs a good proven tactic.

Looking forward to the next update.

Really like the new layout, you've had a solid few seasons domestically and abroad.. your front three are also producing some good results! KIU

@Billy - Well, I changed it. I usually change my formation every season, it was only at that time, but it's different now, but thanks anyway.

@Nath - Thanks.

4san9nw.png

Season 6, yes that's right a seasonal update. I lied, I usually put the squad  review off a lot, so I'll actually do it after this update.

BALA TOWN - The Bala Progress

GexPSmi.png

lreO62y.jpg

------

VaSUrfo.jpg

Alright, so starting with the ins. We got Hywel, soon-to-be prolific striker, I sent him out on loan to a English club whose name I don't remember. Then, we got a solid defender with some key greens in the key defensive stats in Luke Edwards. Then, we got my main man Davies, he supposed to be devastating on the wings, let's see. But on the outs, we got rid a fringe, which is Astles, to TNS, some bad decisions there. The rest are are basically youth products who never made it, except the loans and Hywel.

KkoRFxw.png

QDImhgj.jpg

Bada boom, look at that squad. You got the wall, Callum, then the rock, Edwards, following him is the magician, which is...no one actually. THEN, MAY I INTRODUCE, ONE OF THE BEST WELSH PLAYERS BALA HAS EVER CREATED.....CHRIS "What A Goal Son" HUGHES! He just can't stop, but anyways we'll get on to that later.

Oh and here's my development squad:

lSagMaZ.jpg

GAjmJml.png

95ZuQ7z.jpg

A 4-2-4 destruction. Well, not at the beginning, we mostly struggled to get some goals, but amazingly we won, but towards the middle and end, this formation is too good. With me traditionally calling formation's food, I called this one the Ham Sandwich, and yes I was eating a ham sandwich at that time.

ayxGIsJ.png

kLddDLv.jpg

BOOM, Absolute destruction, our best season by a mile. We won every game son, TNS can't do anything, look, they even lost 10 matches, 10 MATCHES.

Welsh Premier League Cup

A1CrBs5.jpg

Tense, but we came out on top. I think they skied one and Antell saved one, so great job lads, we won this for I don't know, 6 seasons straight now?

Welsh Cup
ecYYNPI.jpg

Boom, what did I tell you? Massive destruction from the man, the myth, the legend..Scott Sterling Chris Hughes, he's a machine gun up front, and he will beat you.

EUROPE!!

Uo4km9g.jpg

Ahh, another group of death? 2 points against that quality of opposition is not bad I guess, but still, I feel we could've won a game or two!

lDAbNJu.png

RngmpMq.jpg

------

rmvkM9B.jpg

------

uiXkTh7.jpg

------

Cx7hYHc.jpg

Any guesses for top goal scorer? No, yes, I think I hear a Luke Boundford back there. Nope, it's CHRIS HUGHES. One of my best youth products by far, has just scored 55 goals in 51 games!! Plus, he even got capped for Wales, so that's one more achievement out of the way! Also, James Dixon, got 18 assists, nothing too special there.

8wkeANi.png

c5xJIdy.jpg

------

CgWcYFh.jpg

------

sXcrAMf.jpg

Need I say anymore?

wTy2kVi.png

ynbd3Mo.jpg

------

WEl4cI8.jpg

------

AmkoEAJ.jpg

Boom for the third time, look at those front two. Boundford + Hughes = Massive Destruction. Period.

ypSi9uX.png

rp15uaH.jpg

Okay, here we go lads, this is where the "Progress" is. Look at that! We jumped 52 places if my maths are correct. Also, this is the reason we had the inflation of prices, as well as me getting the ability to UPGRADE THE TRAINING FACILITIES TO GOOD! We are one step closer to finishing another achievement, WOOHOO!

Other things to mention :

4yHBeha.jpg

TNS are a shameful Welsh team, look at that, only 2 Welsh players?

a29pZqD.jpg

Former player in Astles, we made some money off that. Look they paid 75K for a player worth 55K off now, we ripped them off.

FQmWu2H.jpg

Here's TJ Nagi, he's not as prolific anymore, but I think age has caught up with him now, what a shame.

Also, I forgot to screenshot this, but Hughes wasn't the only Bala player to get in. Some Bala players were: Lukey Edwards (CB), Toby Jones, and Craig James. Some former Bala players are Zyiac Edwards and Lewis Hughes. I don't know how Dix didn't get in, but anyways.

That's about it, I hope you enjoyed. Any comments or suggestions are welcome down below. Expect the squad review tomorrow, and as always, thanks for reading.

Also, here is my objectives spoiler update:

• Welsh players only - which means foreign players must be shipped off. We have a full Welsh squad, so this one is good.
  • Win something with at least 5-6 players in the squad that are homegrown
  • Get 1000 goals with a player
  • Get a homegrown player in the Wales squad E.G : Chris Hughes, Craig James...that's all.
  • Get Superb and Academy or just Superb training facilities
  • 300 assists with a player
  • Grab the Champions League and EURO Cup (I added this one in, you won't find it in the OP)!
  • And last but not least, make Bala a Welsh force We can count this one, we are too good in Wales, because we basically dominate, and won everything in almost all the seasons.

Great domestic season. Such a tough European group!

Wow up to 33rd hopefully you will be able to upgrade your training facilities an get some more good youth player coming through.

Chris Hughes looks crazy good and only 18.

Looking forward to the next update

40 point's front of tns, jesus maria :) 

GIVE ME CHAMPION LEAGUE !!!  hahahhaha :D 

For maybe 2 season you pass the group, i mean, probably training facilities goes up like Mike said :D

This career is too good, off to do something similar in Northern Ireland with Warrenpoint.

Can't wait for the next update. KIU!

I think the same. One of my favourite careers at the moment.

Will be looking forward to seeing your save once it's up an running.

How good would it be if on the next fmh you could do a network game so after 5 seasons of building a small club like your intending to do you could vs Dragon's Bala team

@Mike - Thanks. the team is just getting better!

@Nokru - Yes, bring the champions league. Let's just wait 5 seasons and then let's see.

@iPedanta - Thanks, let's hope you get a Chris Hughes soon.

Sorry lads, no update today, I was just too busy, but I'll get around to it tomorrow.

Congratulations to you, you make a very nice party. It is true that in Wales you're the best, but very European Cup you play well also  :)

@LostLegend - Thanks mate.

@Andeva - Thanks

eQ44n3H.png

As promised, today, I will do a squad update because I was too busy yesterday I couldn't do it. But without further ado here we go!

The Bala File: 

Here is some information about us, Bala!

fq3a6gr.jpg

Very factual indeed. As you can see the Lakesiders have good training facilities now which is fantastic!

qfpCvfU.png

Anyways, on to what this is for, the squad review

uytO4yS.png

Starting Goalkeeper : Callum Antell

E4VMOzr.jpg

A beast and a legend, we have in goal faithful Callum Antell, who actually is one of the few players that stayed with us since the very beginning. He has been number 1 almost every single time and I haven't looked back since.

2nd Choice : Craig James

s14AaTN.jpg

That is one homegrown player on the cards, and look at those stats, especially the technical attributes! The only thing that keeps him out of contention on the first spot is that since he is young, he is not very consistent, so I've been using him very sporadically, mainly in cup matches.

3rd Choice : Ryan Evans

osAQGKM.jpg

Yet another Bala product, also has some very decent stats, but like James, his age and consistency puts him in the 3rd spot behind James and Antell. Antell is just more experienced than him, with Antell playing for some top sides like Hibernians.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1zERLpj.png

RIGHT BACKS (DR)

Starting Right Back : Luke Cummings

CACysWJ.jpg

Good Welsh player here! Cummings was a player I actually bought from another team, what? I actually bought from another team. This one is different actually because I had experience with another Welsh team like Haverfordwest.

2nd Choice : Ben Maher

4Kahi50.jpg

A tough decision with this one, but I made Maher my second choice if Morgan is knocked out because he simply has more experience under his belt than our 3rd choice.

3rd Choice : Ian Davies

PR67Kd8.jpg

Good physicals and good technicals, what let's him down is his mentals, but as he grows it should improve.

Left Backs

1st and only choice :P : Robert Morgan

GTySCRd.jpg

Another youth player! I actually take my youth products seriously, and this one has really grown! Tom Roberts is a player that was actually retrained to a DL, and coupled with some good technicals, mentals, and physicals, he looks like a really good youth.

Center Backs

Starting Center Back Number 1 - Lukey "Sergio Ramos" Edwards!

VMEJpsG.jpg

Look at this lad! Coming from the (almost) depths of Welsh football, or we can just say the team...which is Porthmadog which is such a cool name. Also having some greens in some key areas such as teamwork, decisions, aggression, aerial, technique, and stamina, he also has some good numbers in strength, positioning, and tackling, but what stands out the most is that cap, that's right, the beast was capped, WHAT A LEGEND!

Starting Center Back Number 2 : Gerwyn Jones

a0uYld9.jpg

Tough choice with this one, but Jones takes the cake because he was with me since season 1, and has been as solid as a rock since.

2nd Choice : Lee Thomas

6GLSGaI.jpg

Here's yet another youth product, and we have  Lee Thomas who is a pretty decent defender, this guy is special because he has stayed with us since season 2, seems to be developing well I guess.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

KS2Q7Jl.png

Left Midfielders

Starting Left Midfielder : Rhydian Davies

zPH70tO.jpg

Another tough choice with this one but it has to be Rhydian Davies because I use him more, so Scott Bale is left to be second choice!

2nd Choice : Scott Bale

0SQ6qfl.jpg

Okay, fine, he is more of an advanced playmaker, but I use him more often on the wings. With a stamina of 4, the way he regened into the game really hit him hard with a low stamina, but I'm looking to sell him anyways.

Central Midfielders

Starting Midfielder Number 1 : Danny Gosset

VFk18MV.jpg

Here's a Welsh lad that I bought a short while ago! Danny Gosset takes number 1 place with some fairly decent stats at domestic level, but he doesn't cut it in Europe, so I will be looking to replace him in the future with perhaps another youth product!

Starting Midfielder Number 2 : Max Parry

DWVfYkt.jpg

It was all down to personal choice really, so I went with Max Parry for the second spot because he simple got more game time and I wanted to develop him a bit more, so yeah, Max Parry. (By the way, another youth product)

2nd Choice : Rhys "Soon-to-be-Xavi" Taylor

v3fZTsB.jpg

Don't ask me why he is not 1st choice, but with some decent stats everywhere, I did the smartest thing in the world and loaned him out, good job Dragon!

3rd Choice : Theo Wharton

BaEE9Th.jpg

Theo Wharton is more likely a mistake signing from me I guess. I bought him from TNS as a rush signing to get a cover for a midfield, but with the quality of youth we are getting, I think this guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

8wd9LGo.png

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS/STRIKERS

1st Choice : James Dixon

k1s1sVm.jpg

Actually the first and only choice is James Dixon, he was pretty good before, but with the quality we are getting, he is just not up to scratch.

Strikers

Starting Striker Number 1 : Liam Thomas

0ghAxm4.jpg

Pretty good player if I do say so myself, but his mentals just drive me crazy. With good shooting, I think he can bang in a lot of goals every season!

Starting Striker Number 2 : Lukey Boundford

9KY0x1d.jpg

So today, we have the man who banged in 62 goals for us. Right now, I don't use him much because his age has just taken a toll, and his stats are dwindling, but he would still be a starting striker for us because he is just better than our other choices.

2nd Choice : Michael Thomas

REqMMYQ.jpg

Here's to another youth product of ours, Michael Thomas who is more of a back up player than most, but at 20, he still has some potential and might get some games in the cups if I can. Hopefully, he will shine and be better than Boundford, but I don't think he can live up to that potential.

Alright, if you stayed until here, congrats and thank you. If you start counting our starting 11, we only have 10, because there is one special player that is engraved into the hearts of the fans of Bala Town F.C.

Ladies and gents, may I present to you
One of the greatest Bala youth players to come from Wales
A deadly force up front
Please put your hands together, for Bala's best player ( in Dragon's opinion)

CHRIS HUGHES!

XuwkIkU.jpg

LOOK AT THIS PLAYER, LOOK AT HIM. He has amazing stats for an 18 year old with an amazing 16 in shooting, movement, strength, and teamwork, this is what I was waiting for the whole 6 seasons I was in the club. With already 3 caps for the Welsh national team, I think he is a great prospect for the future, I'm determined to keep him!

Anyways, that is all for this update lads. Voice your opinions down below, possibly about who are/is the best youth player(s), and maybe for each part of the team (e.g Defence: Thomas, Midfield: Taylor, Striker: Hughes), and tell me what I can improve. Also, I'm thinking of scrap booking some of my Welsh gems, so if you want to develop some, tell me, well if it's possible actually?? Comments and suggestions are welcome, and as always, thanks for reading.

Hughes looks a beast!

Would waltz easily into my League 1 Tranmere team (not a big stretch I know :P )

Any clue on who he's a evogen of?

@LostLegend - Thanks, I think Hughes might be the one that bangs in my 1000 goals.

@Nokru_King - Yes, that's right its a left midfielder, center midfielder, and a center midfielder.

ML
MC
MC

@Bati - Nope, never heard of a person named Chris Hughes. Could he be a Bala Town player?

Interesting tactic, what role do you play the ML in?

Your squad has a surprising number of good players! If you can keep them, then winning the Euro Cup wouldn't be unrealistic. Key is to try and pickup the top top Welsh regens like Bale, Ramsey and Williams. If you could get them and keep them, you could potentially get a run in the CL.

Good luck :)

Update to come out soon, I was busy again.

@iPedanta - I played the ML as a wide midfielder, but I changed it to a winger. Also, they started out bad, but my good facilities help shape them up into good, class players. Thanks by the way.

eQ44n3H.png

BALA TOWN - Did we do it?

Alright FMHVibe lads, welcome back to the Welsh Way. Today, we focus on Bala Town's success in almost every area, let's get on with this.

GexPSmi.png

Ey0zduP.jpg

Not really too much transfer business going our way, but do we really need to get some transfer business going in, basically all Welsh players available to me in my price range are poor quality. On the outside, we have Scott Bale leaving the side for Partick Thistle. Scott Bale was a good player, but his poor stamina of 4 really put's him down because his role as a left midfielder in the squad is really important. Other than that, some former players like Jandir Zola went out on frees and Hywel went to Morecambe to develop on a season long loan.

KkoRFxw.png

U3MgLiK.jpg

------

576OrNw.jpg

We've already had a look at this squad, the only ones that joined us is another youth product which is Tom Lewis. If you look at our squad, half to more than two thirds of our squad are youth products which shows how much we really grew since day one. Other than that, we have another Luke Edwards up front, and I think we are really shaping up as a team, let's hope that some European silverware will come our way soon.

GAjmJml.png

o33yhMJ.jpg

A standard 4-3-3 with an ML. This formation has done really well for me, but it's also more of an up-down formation being that in one game you smash them 6-1, but in the next game, you win by a 1 goal margin such as a 2-1, I really need to tweak it a bit more and solidify it.

ayxGIsJ.png

The League

cEwx7cQ.jpg

Of course, this is no surprise. We win the league again for the seventh season straight I believe, but this time it was a bit shaky with 1 loss to TNS and 4 draws, we still won the league with a huge 29 point gap over TNS, so we are still dominating!

Welsh Premier League Cup

hxbIKju.jpg

A 2-1 win over Newtown gives us the cup, but really we should have scored more, the consistency of scoring in our forwards really isn't there, but Hughes is still young, as he get's older, he should get a consistent scoring record in every game.

Welsh Cup

7SLT1ay.jpg

2-2 draw in the final, but we win on penalties! This was an intense game to be honest, but  the brilliant Callum Antell saves 2 penalties for use to hand us the Welsh Cup, good lad/

lDAbNJu.png

lt2axTL.jpg

------

rOALneb.jpg

-----

0g3Oqup.jpg

-------

r72cnY3.jpg

There we have the star of the show, Chris Hughes with 73 goals in 63 games! We have a beast already and a beast in the making. Now that we have a deadly trio up front with Thomas, Hughes, and Edwards, I think all we need is a solid partnership in defense with the other Luke Edwards and we will be set for dominating the whole World.

8wkeANi.png

4f6G6Jd.jpg

I didn't want to show the manager history and stuff because of something....But anyways with our manager profile we have basically greens in everything except youth policy. Anyone have any ideas on how to improve that, it would be fantastic if you do. I think I need to start buying young players right?

wTy2kVi.png

Goals

YUSaYLb.jpg

Assists

Ey3ke8I.jpg

Average Rating

dObaR61.jpg

Boom! Look at that 73 goals with Hughes, I swear he is just too good for this league, but anyways we are good in the other department, I'm waiting for the huge shipment of youth incoming.

ypSi9uX.png

n4Fkt2G.jpg

Still 33rd, but I'm proud with that. We should hopefully climb up as we start to perform well in Europe, but I guess we have to wait a bit more. I'm a patient person!

Other things to mention:

By the way, I forgot to screenshot this but I will edit this post when I do but we got Superb facilities now! I'm not crossing out the thing in the objectives list until I get Superb and Academy but that is all.

That is all for season 7, I hope you enjoyed, this will continue until I at least break the 20 season barrier, but it was a bit rushed at the end so I'll need to edit that sometime, and as always, thanks for reading.

Thanks Mike, I was rushing because my family and I had to go somewhere and I couldn't leave it unfinished after being so close to done, but I'll fix it.

I think I got around 100K to 500k from the last six seasons, but this season I got 500K with it potentially growing to 1.5M after shifting wage to transfer. Hope that answers your question.

Still smashing it Dragon, well done. Hope your boys can step up and deliver in Europe. I think a UEFA Cup could be on the cards in the next 3-5 seasons.

Awesome going, Dragon.

If you want to up your youth policy to green I think you'll need to either buy youth (<18yo) or promote from your reserve team. You might need to play them as well but not entirely sure.

I did a Torino challenge with 'grey' players as entire squad and didn't take long before youth policy hit the roof.