Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 The Unemployed Challenge

liam1872

Great job mate! Usually Germany turns out to be a very easy team to face because since they are not licensed they have no players so it's just Greyed out players you play against.

Great job mate! Usually Germany turns out to be a very easy team to face because since they are not licensed they have no players so it's just Greyed out players you play against.

Cheers! Yeah I completely forgot about that!

UPDATE #22

It's here! Update 22 in which we look to seal some cup wins with LOSC Lille. So let's go...

TRANSFERS

OUT

63bs7e9.jpg

There were a few outgoings at the club as I tried to get rid of some deadweight. PSG decided it would be a good idea to spend £46M on Nicolas Autret and given his very average stats, I'm not going to say no to that kind of money. 3 other players were sold permanently to take the total to £49.82M. Sylvain Lloris was released upon the expiration of his contract and Loic Choplin headed out on loan for the season.

IN

VtPcbpQ.jpg

Only 1 player joined us this season and that was Jerome Perrin who arrived from Real Madrid for £10.5M, his stats are in the spoiler below..

gRgBMvg.jpg

COMPETITIONS

Ligue 1

pSRGTKI.jpg

Oh dear..

Europa League

GROUP STAGE

j7aILlZ.jpg

A solid performance in the group stage saw us come out winners and progress to the next round.

1ST ROUND

OnBCBh9.jpg

A 2-1 win in the 2nd leg wasn't enough to overturn the 1st leg deficit as we crash out of the Europa League in the 1st round.

French Cup

dngu4QK.jpg

A tight game which Lyon just edged in stats, however we edged the one that mattered, the scoreline! We win the French Cup with a 3-2 win over former club Lyon.

Coupe de la Ligue

8Qx5Vuu.jpg

Yohan Martial's goal with just less than 15 minutes left was enough to seal victory over Marseille as we were crowned winners of the Coupe de la Ligue!

Season Review

CkC5F2d.jpg

A very poor performance in the league however we still managed to claim victory in both of the domestic cups giving us the 2 cup wins that we needed with Lille. This means we can again think about moving on...

TROPHY CABINET

RNl9EpA.jpg

After winning the French Cup and the Coupe de la Ligue our total of cup wins is now 16 and we can start thinking about our next club.

NEW CLUB

After resigning from my position as Lille manager in order to find a new club, we were offered a new job at a very big club on July 12th..

tYbl0LX.jpg

Being one of the teams on the list, and being Real Madrid, I accepted this job offer without thinking twice..

zzq2FVy.jpg

So next season we would be trying to conquer Spain and Europe with Real Madrid.

THE CHECKLIST

MANCHESTER CITY

LIVERPOOL

CHELSEA

ARSENAL

ATLETICO MADRID

BARCELONA

REAL MADRID

ATHLETIC BILBAO

PSG

MONACO

LILLE

JUVENTUS

ROMA

NAPOLI

THANKS FOR READING AND I'LL SEE YOU ALL SOON:D

Congrats, sounds like yo did well and the Madrid job should be easy to complete. The images aren't working for me though, perhaps try reuploading them to imgur.

Congrats, sounds like yo did well and the Madrid job should be easy to complete. The images aren't working for me though, perhaps try reuploading them to imgur.

Cheers Harry! And thanks for letting me know, I'll fix it in the morning!

UPDATE #23

TRANSFERS

I decided against making any transfers both out of and into the club this season, so nothing to see here:D.

COMPETITIONS

La Liga

ZmAXsA6.jpg

VERY disappointing effort in the league after some very poor early season form:'(

Spanish Super Cup

x7MNzUn.jpg

After a nervy 1st leg away from home we came out winners in the Super Cup with a 4-2 aggregate win over Mallorca despite going down to 10 men in the late stages of the 2nd leg. So 1 cup win down, 1 to go:D

Champions League

GROUP STAGE

tz87he6.jpg

A very rough start to life at Real Madrid saw us struggle both in the league as you have seen and in the group stage of the Champions League as we scrape into 2nd place to secure a place in the next round.

1ST ROUND

mHEnq4f.jpg

A 3-1 defeat in the 2nd leg wasn't enough to help Liverpool through to the Quarter Final as our 4-0 win in the 1st leg saw us progress after a 5-3 aggregate win.

QUARTER-FINAL

rn8KNjW.jpg

Our form started to pick up around January and we started to show what we could really do winning comfortably 5-0 on aggregate against Marseille to progress to the Semi-Final.

SEMI-FINAL

c3HeDTA.jpg

The Semi-Final saw us matched up against Spanish rivals, Barcelona. A 4-4 draw over the 2 legs saw it end in penalties. We were victorious in the end after a 6-2 win on penalties and we were into the Final.

FINAL

WNKePQh.jpg

The final saw us face Manchester City, a team who had been somewhat of a bogey team for me in my time at Barnet if you remember. They wouldn't stop be at Real Madrid however as we strolled to a 3-1 win in the Champions League Final!

Spanish Cup

5uPMmzO.jpg

Our Spanish Cup adventure saw us meet Real Betis in the final. A tight come in which we prevailed 3-2 in the end which gave us our 3rd cup win with Real Madrid!

Season Review

uLo613c.jpg

Another disappointing season in terms of the league however we achieved what we needed to achieve in the cup competitions and came out with 3 cup wins at Real Madrid.

TROPHY CABINET

sWrcJjT.jpg

Our 3 cup wins during our time at the Bernabeu this season takes us to a total of 19 altogether, this also means we can search for a new club and to do this, I resigned as manager of Real Madrid.

NEW CLUB

WX2QEW3.jpg

It took me over a year to find a new club from the list!! And after all this hunting it looked as if we would be returning to England to take over at Arsenal. With an entire season without a club, we are fast running out of time to complete the challenge!

THE CHECKLIST

MANCHESTER CITY

LIVERPOOL

CHELSEA

ARSENAL

ATLETICO MADRID

BARCELONA

REAL MADRID

ATHLETIC BILBAO

PSG

MONACO

LILLE

JUVENTUS

ROMA

NAPOLI

Great going Liam! Almost there but remember to start moving in national teams. There are only 9 years to go.

Cheers! Yeah I know, I've applied for Spain, England and France but all decided to go for someone else:(

Great to see you back in England. Shame about the club though :P. That league result wasn't the best

Cheers! Just need to hope I don't do a typical Arsenal and finish 4th and trophy-less:laugh: League result was really bad, literally nothing I could do to stop losing games at the start of the season:O

UPDATE #24

TRANSFERS

I decided against making any transfers both out of and into the club this season, so nothing to see here:D.

COMPETITIONS

Barclays Premier League

NQAVPTT.jpg

We manage to match what has become a formality at Arsenal over the years and finish 4th in the league.

Capital One Cup

rnu05tv.jpg

Despite somewhat dominating the game, we were defeated on penalties by Everton, so no Capital One Cup glory this season.

FA Cup

QnaCxPp.jpg

Unlike in the Capital One Cup, we net twice in extra time to prevail over Manchester City in the FA Cup final!

Champions League

GROUP STAGE

BSt9HPK.jpg

A 1st place finish in a tough group stood us in good stead to progress further in the Champions League..

1ST ROUND

3QuwTi4.jpg

The 1st round proved to be no real test as we were victorious over Borussia Dortmund 6-1 on aggregate.

QUARTER-FINAL

GE5nfGh.jpg

We again faced Bayern Munich and we again remained undefeated to them this season as we prevail 5-2 on aggregate.

SEMI-FINAL

lkg9DtV.jpg

An away goal in a 1-1 draw was enough to secure our place in the final after a goalless first leg at home.

FINAL

zXlzXPw.jpg

We would face English opposition in the final and given their poor league form I was quietly confident of a win. This confidence proved to be no disappointment as we ran out 4-1 winners to win the Champions League!!

Season Review

JGd0VNc.jpg

A 4th placed finish in the league and 2 cup wins, Champions League and FA Cup, meant we could start thinking about moving on again.

TROPHY CABINET

r4MCDA7.jpg

These 2 cup wins take us up to a total of 21 as we head to our next club on a high.

NEW CLUB

kuDXlwF.jpg

We didn't have to wait long before moving club as the managers position at Italian giants Juventus became available and at the start of July we were offered the job. So we would be heading back to Italy for the 3rd time, hoping to have success in Turin.

THE CHECKLIST

MANCHESTER CITY

LIVERPOOL

CHELSEA

ARSENAL

ATLETICO MADRID

BARCELONA

REAL MADRID

ATHLETIC BILBAO

PSG

MONACO

LILLE

JUVENTUS

ROMA

NAPOLI

Should be pretty easy now, five teams left! I reckon you can do this

Getting the national teams could be a stumbling point however, have to wait and see;)! And cheers for the support the whole way through, appreciate it!

UPDATE #25

TRANSFERS

There were no outgoings at the club this season, however I was given a generous budget and decided to use it to my full advantage..

vgDidFV.jpg

There were 7 new signings coming into the club for a total of £56M and I was happy with these signings who all made a big contribution to the season. Their stats are below...

KR6Rcmb.jpg

k7uSLNK.jpg

k1mBSS4.jpg

TEKPLub.jpg

zbo2jNO.jpg

R5udWwR.jpg

l4pYPHE.jpg

COMPETITIONS

Serie A

h2SwwKc.jpg

In a tight title race in which Inter led for a large period of the season, we came out eventual Serie A winners finishing 3 points ahead of 2nd placed Roma.

Italian Cup

0JTYxxa.jpg

We made it all the way to the final and would face Roma. It turned out to be a nervy game after our early goal however we managed to hang on for the win to secure the Italian Cup.

Europa League

GROUP STAGE

NsK4CUU.jpg

We sailed through our Europa League group scoring 21 goals in the process with a draw against Bursaspor being the only points we dropped.

FINAL

EZBncY8.jpg

We managed to reach the final virtually unscathed and despite an early disallowed goal for Liverpool we went on to secure the win with 2 goals in a 6 minute period of the second half. Liverpool being down to 10 men helped us hold on for the win as we secured a treble!!

Season Review

gPngeTt.jpg

So we secured a treble in Turin and can look at other management opportunities after our 2 cup wins.

TROPHY CABINET

5DVc4f4.jpg

2 more cup wins takes the total to 23 for the career and another league win to add to the total also.

NEW CLUB

ZeqORhT.jpg

Barely any time had passed at all before we were offered a new job and we would again be returning to England, and again to London but this time to take over at Chelsea.

THE CHECKLIST

MANCHESTER CITY

LIVERPOOL

CHELSEA

ARSENAL

ATLETICO MADRID

BARCELONA

REAL MADRID

ATHLETIC BILBAO

PSG

MONACO

LILLE

JUVENTUS

ROMA

NAPOLI

That German defender looks pretty poor, did he perform? Challenge wise, you should complete this now mate, my maths says eight years left in the save, should be easy enough.

That German defender looks pretty poor, did he perform? Challenge wise, you should complete this now mate, my maths says eight years left in the save, should be easy enough.

He was actually better when he signed in the summer, by January his stats had gone down? Confused me, but he actually played alright to be fair to him.

Just read through this, it's sick makes me want to do my own unemployment challenge would you recomend it, and will Defford follow this, good luck with the rest of it I recon you can do it 

Cheers mate! Yeah go for it, you need a good bit of patience though:P

Just read through this, it's sick makes me want to do my own unemployment challenge would you recomend it, and will Defford follow this, good luck with the rest of it I recon you can do it 

Cheers mate! Yeah go for it, you need a good bit of patience though:P