Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

I could never get into watching the Smash community, i tried repeatedly but I didn't like the people (I think in most eSports you have a few you "support") or watching the game competitively like I do with Pokémon. 

Now I'm pretty glad as the Smash community is burning to the ground. Absolutely shocking scenes! They all moaned for years Nintendo never supported them or gave them a platform yet behind the scenes prominent members are actual scum. Nintendo have released a statement distancing themselves ffs, yet this will obviously impact Nintendo and the game. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/tech/gaming/super-smash-bros-pro-players-accused-sexual-assault-a4488461.html%3famp

Seen today ZeRo has also been dragged into it and admitted things, he was the one they were all pushing and promoting when I tried to get into the scene. And apparently it'll continue to blow up. 

Oh mate, it has got me totally emotional that. That theme music, geez... brought a tear to my eye. Many a summer day spent up Johnny’s house in the games room on the SNES. Great days.

41 minutes ago, Rob said:

Oh mate, it has got me totally emotional that. That theme music, geez... brought a tear to my eye. Many a summer day spent up Johnny’s house in the games room on the SNES. Great days.

That's what gaming is all about!

Do you have Switch online? As you need to relive your childhood and give it a whirl! I demand a 2020 impressions from you 😂. Who knows you might make me revisit it, or play that version for the first time as it's the GBA port I grew up with. 

It’s one of those things where I almost don’t want to touch it in fear of it being a bit... rubbish. Lol. The overview map screen looks horrible now!

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

It’s one of those things where I almost don’t want to touch it in fear of it being a bit... rubbish. Lol. The overview map screen looks horrible now!

I've found the godtier SNES games hold up well. I'll often return to Super Mario World or Lion King and have a blast among other childhood favourites. Then in recent years I've played A Link To The Past and Super Metroid for the first time and they were just as special as they were at launch imo. 

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’ve now just got to get an online pass then. 🤣

A month pass is only a couple of quid if you don't want the year, just remember to turn off automatic renewal. 

But there are some solid titles on the service, I keep wanting to revisit some but the backlog haha

So my wife was watching TV and saw an ad about Nintendo Switch Lite Coral and fell in love. I bought it today for her. It was on sale, 9% only but with a free game so she let me pick Fire Emblem Three Houses. I love my wife ❤️

IMG_20200709_210031.jpg

5 minutes ago, zaangie said:

So my wife was watching TV and saw an ad about Nintendo Switch Lite Coral and fell in love. I bought it today for her. It was on sale, 9% only but with a free game so she let me pick Fire Emblem Three Houses. I love my wife ❤️

IMG_20200709_210031.jpg

That's ace! What's she into?

Not going to lie though I'm really excited and interested to see what you think of FE! Decided on a route yet?

36 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's ace! What's she into?

Not going to lie though I'm really excited and interested to see what you think of FE! Decided on a route yet?

Animal Crossing and Mario. 

Don't know yet. Maybe the one that has an eagle in the symbol. 

23 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Animal Crossing and Mario. 

Don't know yet. Maybe the one that has an eagle in the symbol. 

I played Dimitri (blue lions) but I do want to try Edelgard's (black eagles). 

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

I played Dimitri (blue lions) but I do want to try Edelgard's (black eagles). 

Does it have different stories or just generic changes? 

3 hours ago, zaangie said:

Does it have different stories or just generic changes? 

They're the same until a key event causes a split. Then the choice you made will give you a different side of the story. 

There are actually 4 routes, the Golden Deer one is seen as the worst of the 4. The one route has two options, but I dunno how different those are. 

38 minutes ago, Rob said:

Saw that yesterday. So bloody expensive

A SNES one and I'd be twitching, I don't think I'd be able to part with £200+ fur one but I'd be twitching lol. 

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

A SNES one and I'd be twitching, I don't think I'd be able to part with £200+ fur one but I'd be twitching lol. 

You’d buy it and it would be 372nd in your  backlog of games to play.

It does look smart that. Unfortunately Lego is incredibly expensive and usually keeps its value too. My Lego VW Camper Van, Beatle and Mini all cost around £70-100 each. I often joke with Susan that if anyone burgled us then those three things combined would probably be the best that they’d get in terms of sell on value.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

You’d buy it and it would be 372nd in your  backlog of games to play.

I'm too tight for that type of outlay 😂

2 hours ago, Ian said:

It does look smart that. Unfortunately Lego is incredibly expensive and usually keeps its value too. My Lego VW Camper Van, Beatle and Mini all cost around £70-100 each. I often joke with Susan that if anyone burgled us then those three things combined would probably be the best that they’d get in terms of sell on value.

😂

I've never really got into Lego, I like it but too much money and time needs investing. As a kid I loved K-Nex and Airfix models though

24 minutes ago, Rob said:

Paper Mario has had average-to-good reviews then. That’s removed that temptation for me.

Not seen any yet. 

Are they moaning it's not good or that it's not in the style of The One Thousand Year Door?

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Not seen any yet. 

Are they moaning it's not good or that it's not in the style of The One Thousand Year Door?

Mostly that it’s good, but not as good as they’d expected.

Watched two reviews of Paper Mario, I don't think it looks bad tbh. I love the visuals and the combat looks super neat but the repetition does worry me. Can't say it sold me or put me off ever getting it but I'm in no rush. I just never buy RPGs unless I'm going to play them right away as RPGs in the backlog is dangerous business. And if a RPG was going to tempt me it would be Xenoblade as trying that keeps nagging at me.

What a world it world it would be if F Zero returned! Would you buy it @Rob? I'd be tempted but it would depend on the single player as F Zero has always had a high difficulty for my social group. It's why I looked into Sonic team racing more than Crash as I know my family would casually play Sonic. @zaangiewhat about you since you're Viber's kart racing expert? 

Like F Zero would be a massive return yet I just dunno if I think it'll sell. 

RFN have always pitched an open world F Zero game, something on the mold of GTA but in space with Captain Falcon which has always sounded amazing to me. Tbf I think F Zero would have to be more than just a kart racer to really get my attention

16 minutes ago, Rob said:

SNES. 💕 

I thought I had that until I checked tbh. The GameCube one is meant to be absolutely brutal.