Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does having multiple APMs interfere with one another

phila

Playing with a tactic which has an APM in the AMC slot and another APM in the AMCR slot (ie between the wing slot and the AMC slot). However they don't seem to be creating many passes into the forward line. So wondering if they are too close to each other and thus cutting each others options.

APM are supposed to shoot and score more than pass. But i  generally find when putting 2 APM, more often than not, one doesn't do well. 

But overall I seem to get more goals, so i still do it.

Surely an advanced playmaker should be the creative force in the team not be shooting etc 

An attacking midfielder role should be added imo like on FM

so you can have a player in the AMC slot that is purely a driving force up top shooting from distance etc like a Gerrard but right now you don't have anything like that the closest would be just going with a central midfielder role

6 hours ago, phila said:

Playing with a tactic which has an APM in the AMC slot and another APM in the AMCR slot (ie between the wing slot and the AMC slot). However they don't seem to be creating many passes into the forward line. So wondering if they are too close to each other and thus cutting each others options.

You need to consider also the issue of positioning bug which may affect how roles are play out

Ive always thought that an APM is be primarily concerned with creating chances (at least that I how I understand the info blurb on the role in the game). So instead Ive setup 2 players to take shots (often from a distance) instead of laying it off for my forward who is running lines expecting a pass???

On ‎2016‎年‎2‎月‎18‎日 at 08:47, phila said:

Ive always thought that an APM is be primarily concerned with creating chances (at least that I how I understand the info blurb on the role in the game). So instead Ive setup 2 players to take shots (often from a distance) instead of laying it off for my forward who is running lines expecting a pass???

I have same cocern for EME. I hope SI can improve in the coming update.

I think it's down to the interpretation of certain roles and the fact the EME makes different roles respond differently when paired with certain roles in other positions around them is silly really means we cant have set up exactly what we want it to be

Well at the moment, my APMS are ending up with 11-12 shots each a match but my forward is lucky to make 5. I coach in real life (admittedly only 15/1s) and if I tell my APM(s) to look for passes to feet for my forwards who should be making runs into space, then the last thing I want them to do is to be racking up double digit shots from 35 yards.