Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat AI using Big Club Release Clause

Fish18ish

When a human manager puts a big club release clause in a player's contract, from what I recall, it normally allows players to leave for around their value. However, I do not think this also applies to AI controlled teams.

In my current save, I am trying to sign this player: 

Screenshot_2016-12-01-13-45-00.pngScreenshot_2016-12-01-15-31-17.png

As you can see his value is about £10 million, and my scout acknowledges that he has a release clause in his contract (although doesn't specify what sort of clause, even though there is only one in the game).

Screenshot_2016-12-01-13-45-11.png

The issue is, when I have made offers for the player of between £10 and £14 million, they have been rejected. On the £14 million bid I got a reply saying the manager would be persuaded by £22.5million.

I think that there are two possibilities here:

1. The AI's use of the clause works differently to a human's use of it.

2. Torino do not qualify as a 'Big Club'.

In the case of option one, that's just stupid. I'm sure he would go for less if I was his manager. In the case of option two, then fair enough, but their needs to be proper feedback stating that.

How is the 'Big Club' defined as being one? And more importantly, how does the game calculate the fee?

All in all I think the Big Club Release Clause is far too vague, and needs to be replaced with a more realistic release fee style clause. Who decides on the relevance of the clause in game at the moment? HM courts and tribunals?

I would guess it's to do with number 2 there.

As you are only a couple of seasons into the save I would assume the Italian league isn't significantly stronger than the French and that you haven't had enough time to win trophies to boost Torino's reputation. Therefore your team wouldn't necessarily be considered 'big' compared to Nice.

I expect if you tried this with a team such as Madrid etc the clause would work. 

Have you tried testing it with players from a much weaker team/league?

Edited by Thepremiermanager
5 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

I would guess it's to do with number 2 there.

As you are only a couple of seasons into the save I would assume the Italian league isn't significantly stronger than the French and that you haven't had enough time to win trophies to boost Torino's reputation. Therefore your team wouldn't necessarily be considered 'big' compared to Nice.

I expect if you tried this with a team such as Madrid etc the clause would work. 

Have you tried testing it with players from a much weaker team/league?

I have qualified for the Europa league with a 4th place finish, which Nice were no where near in France. I get that I may still not be a bigger club but in that case there needs to be more feedback to define what is or isn't a big club, and how the fee is decided.

5 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

I have qualified for the Europa league with a 4th place finish, which Nice were no where near in France. I get that I may still not be a bigger club but in that case there needs to be more feedback to define what is or isn't a big club, and how the fee is decided.

Yeah, a team coefficient/reputation score or similar would help but I don't know how easy it would be to implement in game.