Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career MLRB Does it with the Locals & Rejuvenating Gibraltar

With FMM18 on the horizon, surely nobody will be able to get a challenge out before it's released?

Well that's where you're wrong! Introducing; MLRB Does it with the Locals AND Rejuvenating Gibraltar Challenge!

The Challenge

This challenge is largely inspired by kts' "Doing it with the locals" challenge, where he attempts to take Scottish League Two side, Annan, to domestic and european glory, only using players from the reserves and youth academy players!

This challenge will be a little different, as I have moved Manchester 62 FC from the Gibraltarian First Division to the Vanarama Conference (will be more challenging than the National League South/North). The goal will, obviously, be to win the Premier League an Champions League with reserve/youth players, but eventually we will take over the Gibraltarian National Team and attempt to go for the European Championship and the World Cup! 

The Backstory 

Manchester_62_FC_badge.png

Manchester 62 FC has been taken over by a Gibraltarian-English businessman and moved to England. After buying out Dover Athletic as well, this man, who has asked to go by the name of 'Gibraltarian Talent', allows Manchester 62 to take the place of Dover Athletic in the Vanarama Conference National. 

The new owner/manager is convinced that Gibraltar can produce World Class players, and has begun scouting and signing the best youngsters in Gibraltar. Will Gibraltarian Talent prevail?

The players will be in the next update, thank you all for reading! 

Beautiful name for a club! Very intriguing, mate, can't wait to see the level of success you're going to taste with Manchester 62.

1 hour ago, Risheek said:

I'll change it for you mate, @ManLikeRobbieBrady :) 

Thanks mate :laugh:

7 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Beautiful name for a club! Very intriguing, mate, can't wait to see the level of success you're going to taste with Manchester 62.

Me too, will be extremely difficult, hopefully I can be successful 

The Beginning Of Season 1

And our journey begins, obviously we have a very young squad, hopefully we can see some of these in a future squad. 

The Players

oDliqFQ.jpg

jJycq1s.jpg

kSj3qjm.jpg

The Expectations

Before I started this, I always thought we'd be relegation candidates, and the board seem to strongly agree

mNt1MeM.jpg

"Battle bravely against relegation"

I interpret that as "Just please get more than 1 point"

You can already tell how confident the board are in us......

The Friendlies

Things got off to a promising start in our first two friendlies, despite losing to Concord, we dominated and on another day we could've won. 

6qPtQLu.jpg

As you can see, a 1-0 victory over Truro led me to believe we could actually play a patient style of football........then Accrington destroyed all of that belief I had. To be fair to the lads, Stanley are a League 2 side.

The Tactics - Plan A & Plan B

5PgWw72.jpg

ECERuCt.jpg

This is our Plan A tactic for the moment, this may change if any of you guys have better suggestions (don't be afraid to suggest something, I'm not the best at lower league tactics!)

I tried to keep things simple and balanced, as these guys are not ready for any 3-5-2s or 3-1-4-1s, etc. 

At first I tried getting these guys to play patient, short passing football. However, once that approach was demolished by Accrington I changed to a more direct style of play. I may give the patient-style one more chance though.

Lg86Aya.jpg

Plan B is pretty similar, not gonna lie. Same instructions too.

Stay tuned for more!

6 minutes ago, AzmiG26 said:

So have you add ( or replace ) the Gibraltar National Side right?

I heard somewhere that once there is 50 players of one nationality then the national team gets unlocked. I'm sure we'll go through more than 50 Gibraltarians in this series :D

If this isn't true then I'll just make myself manager using hex editor (y)

Just now, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

I heard somewhere that once there is 50 players of one nationality then the national team gets unlocked. I'm sure we'll go through more than 50 Gibraltarians in this series :D

If this isn't true then I'll just make myself manager using hex editor (y)

Well the truth is you can make yourself a manager if you have more than 30 ( or 50 ) to edit them, not an achievement as far as i know.

3 minutes ago, AzmiG26 said:

Well the truth is you can make yourself a manager if you have more than 30 ( or 50 ) to edit them, not an achievement as far as i know.

I'm sorry but I don't understand that, if I have more than 30 Gibraltarians then I can become manager?

Just now, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand that, if I have more than 30 Gibraltarians then I can become manager?

Hmm, if you have more than 30 you can edit (in hex editor or changes.txt) to become the manager of Gibraltar.

1 minute ago, AzmiG26 said:

Hmm, if you have more than 30 you can edit (in hex editor or changes.txt) to become the manager of Gibraltar.

Oh okay, that's what I was going to do anyway, thanks mate!

Season 1 - Halfway Point

We're halfway through the first season, are we "battling bravely against relegation" as the board are expecting of us? Let's have a look!

awiHcyG.jpg

We're actually over-preforming, sitting in 4th and only 2 points behind top of the league York City! What has Gibraltar Talent done to turn this side of 16/17 year olds into one of the top teams in the National League? Let us have a look at the new tactics!

The Tactics

E5DC3kt.jpg

JAPna9k.jpg

Remember when I said playing simple was the way to go? Forget about that, this tactic has managed to get us 58 goals and in 23 and will, hopefully, lead us to League 2.

The Stats

Let's see who has been scoring the 58 goals we've managed to score so far.

UEh0xkM.jpg

As you can see, Kevyn Mascarenhas and Lee Duarte have been exceptional in front of goal. Scoring 24 goals between them. The other 34 goals have been scored by pretty much everyone else in the starting eleven, I don't think there's one player (besides the keeper) who hasn't scored!

ibHHeng.jpg

Samuel Gosling has the most assists in the team with 8.

By10h6F.jpg

Excellence clearly runs in the family, as both Julian and Kevyn Mascarenhas are tied for the most Man of the Match awards with 3 each!

Thank you all for reading! The next update will be at the end of season 1!

13 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Going along nicely...Hope you get to the playoffs and get promoted!

Yeah, part of me wants to get promoted, but then part of me thinks if we do get promoted then we'll get hammered in League 2 :laugh:

21 hours ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Yeah, part of me wants to get promoted, but then part of me thinks if we do get promoted then we'll get hammered in League 2 :laugh:

It's okay, promotion itself is great achievement.

13 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Hope the 2nd half of the season goes just as good. And that with a X-mas tree formation :)

Good little tactic it is, must be doing something right :laugh: