Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Unknown and unemployed (Truro - 18/19)

johnloch

On 2017/12/17 at 04:39, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Nice turn around mate! What are your tactics?

A standard 442 with two CMs standing side-by-side. If need to stress more on defence then will pull one back as a BWM.   Similarly, one of them will push up a bit as an AP in the middle when we need goals.

We were able to keep our momentum during the span between October and November 2018. A 9-point advantage over the second-placed team. We even advanced to the first round proper of the FA Cup but unluckily lost to Blyth 0-1 (Alex Nimely missed a PK before they got their sole goal).

Off the field the Board has constantly reminded me to keep our wages within the approved budget (which is quite tight as I never expect we can do so well this year). So winger Niall Thompson (who only made one appearance this season) was sold at 1k to reduce our weekly wage bill by 400. 

C87DC434-7DAD-4D47-9E3B-68C00ECBF6D8.png

07EC472F-40A1-457E-987D-FB2F95FBFCED.png

B5546863-822D-4DA1-9A90-3F18E4E7D2DD.png

Edited by johnloch

For the league run we recorded two wins and two losses in December 2018 and still able to maintain a comfortable margin at the top of the table. This is not a bad result indeed as we had lost three starting members due to injuries. Ebanks-Blake was listed as his recession comes faster and greater than expected. As his replacement young striker Mamadou Djabi was loaned in from Fleetwood. 

780ED197-B0D0-4E51-AE49-FAA86E11A59F.png

51FBED2F-9E61-441F-BEDF-81E494A695E4.png

903AC2F5-B487-466B-AB95-D68D55584A42.png

12 hours ago, Taff said:

Shame about those injuries but you are still rocking this one dude, kiu

Yeah, at one time I lost four starters (two wingers, a BWM and a CB) plus my backup ST (i.e. Ebanks-Blake) :laugh:

11 hours ago, johnloch said:

Yeah, at one time I lost four starters (two wingers, a BWM and a CB) plus my backup ST (i.e. Ebanks-Blake) :laugh:

They are a pain, but also realistic to go through an injury crisis now and again.  My 3K attempt has seen both Rashford and Isak go down with Month long injuries and I haven't hit the new year yet

22 hours ago, Santa Taff said:

They are a pain, but also realistic to go through an injury crisis now and again.  My 3K attempt has seen both Rashford and Isak go down with Month long injuries and I haven't hit the new year yet

Absolutely fine with this kind of realism. That's why we all love FM! :)

Not an impressive month. 2W1D2L were recorded for our league run. A bit lucky that we are able to extend our lead to 12 points despite our poor form. 

FDE50EA8-876E-4746-B549-36CE587D6A48.png

EEA293EC-C93B-4A04-B88F-7D42D92A1E1D.png