Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Marco Van Basten Challenge

Titjes

Marcel "Marco" van Basten

5a3eedc47a6f0_MarcoVanBasten.jpg.32f55ce64f4c550661de0e3f8fee0451.jpg

Marcel "Marco" van Basten (born 31 October 1964) is a Dutch football manager and former football player, who played for Ajax and Milan, as well as the Netherlands national team, in the 1980s and early '90s as a forward. He is regarded as one of the greatest European forwards and one of the greatest footballers of all time. He has scored 300 goals in a high-profile career, but played his last match in 1993 at age 28 due to an injury which forced his retirement two years later. He was later the head coach of Ajax and the Netherlands national team.

Playing for the Netherlands, Van Basten won, and was named player of the tournament, at UEFA Euro 1988, scoring five goals that included a memorable volley in the final against the Soviet Union. At club level, he won three Eredivisie titles and the Cup Winners' Cup with Ajax, and three Serie A titles and two European Cups with Milan.

Known for his close ball control, attacking intelligence and spectacular strikes and volleys, Van Basten was named FIFA World Player of the Year in 1992 and won the Ballon d'Or three times, in 1988, 1989 and 1992.

Challenge Rules

• Load up Holland, Italy and any other countries and take charge of any Dutch side (Ajax if you want to make it authentic)
  • Part 1:
    • You must sign a Dutch striker.
    • You must do 6 seasons in which to replicate Marco's achievements.
    • You must win at least:
      • 3 League Titles
      • 3 Dutch Cups
      • 1 Europa Cup
      • Dutch Top Scorer in at least 4 seasons
      • Beat his record of 152 club goals
      • Beat his average of 0,88 club goals per match
  • Part 2:
    • Take charge of any Italian side (A.C.Milan if you want to make it authentic)
    • Buy your Dutch striker
    • You have 8 seasons in which to replicate Marco's achievements.
    • You must win at least:
      • 3 League Titles
      • 3 Italian Super Cups
      • 1 Europa Cup
      • 2 Champions Leagues
      • 2 Uefa Super Cups
      • 2 Club World Cup
      • Italian Top Scorer in at least 2 seasons
      • Beat his record of 277 career goals
      • Beat his average of 0,74 career goals per match
      • 3 Balon D'Or
  • Own formations only
  • No unlockables, edited databases, or use of any of the editors.
  • Evidence is required, I'd suggest posting a career thread for us to follow.
  • No cheating - Restarting to avoid injuries counts as cheating!!

Leaderboard

v. Basten is a legend! You have no idea, mate, I still get teary-eyed believe it or not when I watch this man's videos on YouTube. His worldclass performances, such a complete forward, his career-ending injury at his prime, his send-off in San Siro.. football can be so painful yet so beautiful. Legend MvB. 

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

v. Basten is a legend! You have no idea, mate, I still get teary-eyed believe it or not when I watch this man's videos on YouTube. His worldclass performances, such a complete forward, his career-ending injury at his prime, his send-off in San Siro.. football can be so painful yet so beautiful. Legend MvB. 

Yeah, I would have loved to see what he could have done more if he didn't have injury. One of the all time greats ;)