Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Players becoming retrainable

BatiGoal

It's something I have never noticed until this year's version. Or if it was already present it seems much more frequent than ever.

I'm talking about players not wanting to be retrained, as in no/none apptitude, to reasonable/good a few months later. One of the things I require of my players is that they're versatile and able to cover multiple positions. This helps me keep squads small, my preferred number is 18-22 players. When I noticed that players generally aged 17-23 suddenly become retrainable I was pleasantly surprised. I suppose it's due to their change/improvement in (hidden) attributes, PA and perhaps environment/facilities that allow this to happen. So if you're looking at players to retrain I'd suggest checking their aptitude every few months. There's a decent chance their progress "enables" this option for certain players.

I have a this problem with my Career I'm currently doing, my Chinese player is a AM, but I've been playing him as my main Striker with plenty of success, but even keeping him for over 18 months on changing to a Striker did nothing, he simply stuck to his guns and couldn't get proficient in that position?

19 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

I have a this problem with my Career I'm currently doing, my Chinese player is a AM, but I've been playing him as my main Striker with plenty of success, but even keeping him for over 18 months on changing to a Striker did nothing, he simply stuck to his guns and couldn't get proficient in that position?

Makes you wonder why they accept a chance to retrain but take ages to achieve.

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

It's something I have never noticed until this year's version. Or if it was already present it seems much more frequent than ever.

I'm talking about players not wanting to be retrained, as in no/none apptitude, to reasonable/good a few months later. One of the things I require of my players is that they're versatile and able to cover multiple positions. This helps me keep squads small, my preferred number is 18-22 players. When I noticed that players generally aged 17-23 suddenly become retrainable I was pleasantly surprised. I suppose it's due to their change/improvement in (hidden) attributes, PA and perhaps environment/facilities that allow this to happen. So if you're looking at players to retrain I'd suggest checking their aptitude every few months. There's a decent chance their progress "enables" this option for certain players.

I seem to have had the opposite results with this years version... I was able to train most of my L/R/C Midfielders to either defensive or offensive position pretty easily as they had similar attributes for the positions. I would also be able to train R/LAM as Strikers and vice versa also ...

This year probably only had 3-4 players out of about 30 that actually retrained or even had other positions with a chance to retrain. Very disappointed I had to sell players that had attributes but couldn’t train in another position More this year than any other version ?

4 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

even keeping him for over 18 months on changing to a Striker did nothing, he simply stuck to his guns and couldn't get proficient in that position?

I think this has pretty much always been the case. I never retrain any player unless they have aptitude reasonable. 

I think your best shot is to simply not retrain and hope his general improvements over time thru game play ups his aptitude from none/poor to reasonable/good and only then start the retraining process.  

Edited by BatiGoal
34 minutes ago, DIRECTFX said:

Very disappointed I had to sell players that had attributes but couldn’t train in another position More this year than any other version ?

I have about 7 players in my current squad of 20 that had no aptitude in a specific position and became reasonable over time and are green now. They're all regens Btw as I'm in my 17th season. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.