Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Rodrygo and Vinicius

Don't worry, they will have higher potential than that. Your staff are just a bit clueless...

Basically you can't trust what the staff say. The game simulates them being human and not being able to tell the real potential etc.

These two players are class and will eventually develop into works class players. Somewhere along the way the staff will realise this. They just haven't worked it out yet...

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Don't worry, they will have higher potential than that. Your staff are just a bit clueless...

Basically you can't trust what the staff say. The game simulates them being human and not being able to tell the real potential etc.

These two players are class and will eventually develop into works class players. Somewhere along the way the staff will realise this. They just haven't worked it out yet...

It's an age-old debate: how much can you trust the staff? Generally, the better your staff, the more accurate this will be, but the thing is that these ratings also take into account the rest of your team's players and how one player stacks up against them, how the others are performing AND all the other players in the league and THEIR form as well. So I always believe my staff, in combination with what I see: of their form, their attributes,... I'd never just throw away my staff's advice.

That being said, Rodrygo is a difficult player in FMM18; he has a potential of -8 (iirc), which means that he can have a potential of 3,5 stars all the way up to 4,5 (which is very rare for him). Vinicius is always at least 4 stars and will often have a 4,5 star potential. Just so you know.

2 hours ago, Jens said:

It's an age-old debate: how much can you trust the staff? Generally, the better your staff, the more accurate this will be, but the thing is that these ratings also take into account the rest of your team's players and how one player stacks up against them, how the others are performing AND all the other players in the league and THEIR form as well. So I always believe my staff, in combination with what I see: of their form, their attributes,... I'd never just throw away my staff's advice.

That being said, Rodrygo is a difficult player in FMM18; he has a potential of -8 (iirc), which means that he can have a potential of 3,5 stars all the way up to 4,5 (which is very rare for him). Vinicius is always at least 4 stars and will often have a 4,5 star potential. Just so you know.

What does the -8 mean?

6 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

What does the -8 mean?

I think -8 means he can have a random potential of between 130-160

As a comparison, Mbappé has a -10 potential rating. Which could be anywhere between 170-200

4 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I think -8 means he can have a random potential of between 130-160

As a comparison, Mbappé has a -10 potential rating. Which could be anywhere between 170-200

Cheers

3 hours ago, Jens said:

Hmm, I'm not as positive as you! My gold rated staff thought Messi's regen had Potential of 1.5 for example... Of course he turned out as a legend. I've seen that enough to never trust my staff very far. That said, I DO believe them on stuff like thrives in big matches etc.

14 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Hmm, I'm not as positive as you! My gold rated staff thought Messi's regen had Potential of 1.5 for example... Of course he turned out as a legend. I've seen that enough to never trust my staff very far. That said, I DO believe them on stuff like thrives in big matches etc.

To be fair, I guess I had a pretty strong team at the time so maybe he didn't seem as impressive to my staff as he might have if my team was weaker, but still ... Messi!

1 minute ago, scratch99 said:

To be fair, I guess I had a pretty strong team at the time so maybe he didn't seem as impressive to my staff as he might have if my team was weaker, but still ... Messi!

That whole system is crap to be honest, they shouldn’t base the star rating of a player’s potential against the quality of you team or the players in that league, it makes no sense

53 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

That whole system is crap to be honest, they shouldn’t base the star rating of a player’s potential against the quality of you team or the players in that league, it makes no sense

Yeah, it would be simpler if it was just star rating without factoring in the quality of your team etc. I sort of get where they were going with it, but I don't think it works that well (it's over complicated). 

Then again, I spend all my time up the top of the leagues. I guess if I was down the bottom it would be hard to shift through the players trying to find 2 star players who were better than my 1.5 star players... This system might help there. But still, I'd vote it out...