Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Mauro Icardi?

AWilemxn

Is Mauro Icardi banned from playing for Argentina?

His attribute page says 3 caps/1 goal yet his history page says 8 caps/1 goal just that season but when I click  the Argentina squad he’s not there :/

I believe that depending on the start date of your game, some international fixtures may have been simmed. The history for these matches does show on player history, but is not added to their cap tally. 

He was Serie A top scorer this season but never made the argentine world cup squad, 

He has 4 full caps and 0 goals,

He more of an old fashioned poacher and can be pretty greedy, plus argentina had Messi, Dybala, Aguero, Higuain, Di maria up top.  Plus in the game if ive went inter most of my squad has fallen out with him 😂😂😂 

Edited by Kennyd100
6 hours ago, Kennyd100 said:

He was Serie A top scorer this season but never made the argentine world cup squad, 

He has 4 full caps and 0 goals,

He more of an old fashioned poacher and can be pretty greedy, plus argentina had Messi, Dybala, Aguero, Higuain, Di maria up top.  Plus in the game if ive went inter most of my squad has fallen out with him 😂😂😂 

This is his current stats and still nothing! it’s mad!

FCB114D6-D5C2-4397-A639-65EE3437D54D.png

Yeah that is a strange one, how is the rest of your inter team with him? Ive found in the past key players have issues with him, dont know enough of the international side of it thou to comment if thats the issues why hes not getting picked, when with those goal stats he should be.

I think club goals only go so far though... (not like real life).

In 2017, I got Adam Armstrong to score 1K goals and he was World Player of the Year four times. In real life he would have been the first player picked for England, but the game only gave him a handful of ITN caps. I think that's because the game new that his ability was way below some of the other choices. 

I'm guessing it's the same thing here: Icardi is good and scoring well, but the game knows that Messi, Dybala, Aguero, Higuain, etc are better, so it's picking them. Which is probably a flaw in the game (more weighting should be given to a player's results than to his CA/PA)... But there you go...

Icardi is vilified in Argentina by a lot of people - in part its due to him having sex with the wife of a team mate who also happens to be Argentinian. Maradona has been having a running feud with him ever since. He also has the habit of shooting off his mouth and has offended a number of fans as a result. I suspect the game might actually be taking this into account when determining if he is selected or not