Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How do you analyze/get feedback on what you are doing wrong?

I recently got back into FMM after dropping it out of frustration a long while back. I'm having trouble understand what exactly it is I'm doing wrong in games, or what I can improve. In the full version of the game you can at least watch the full match and see buildup, bad possesions ETC, while mobile only goes as far as "comprehensive" highlights. How do you analyze what you are doing right and wrong tactically? 

As an example, my recent game as Stuttgart vs Frankfurt:

132173639_Screenshot_20200829-163445_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.b024fff2238e546336c83621d56ba358.jpg

Notice I am slightly favored.

851368139_Screenshot_20200829-163433_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.80f78d29ee2f1b56e6fb0c680f949033.jpg

Very similar lineups. I checked team report and noticed I had very poor wingers but great depth at midfield, so I went with a narrowish formation.

The end result? A thorough and utter defeat...1290316666_Screenshot_20200829-164338_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.3db52e376a1b8a8f97e2392a2065a3c5.jpg

Any tips or something I'm missing? How do I know where and how I screwed up?

There's a report after every match that highlights positives and negatives, would be a good place to start :)

It's all good, it'll just be a few amendments, there's a lot of careers here that'll show that the game isn't that difficult really so once you get the hang of it, you'll be laughing.

For what it's worth I hate the midfield diamond! (on the game - it seems horribly ineffective)

Oh yea I've taken a look at it but the issue for me is it doesn't give me any real indication of what's going on. Like lack of width. Is it my wingbacks arent getting far enough forward? Or are they just not good enough? Is my team in general too center packed, or is it that my wide options aren't good enough? Is my playmaker or my forwards not drifting out? At least in the full game you can see this happen. Does FMM not have a way to see what exactly is going wrong?

It just feels like FMM is less about building and understanding tactics and more about exploting the engine, which in my eyes isn't fun and too easy

I think you see plenty, and lots of people build tactics here. Sounds like the game just gets on your nerves, which is a pity, but that's life, can't please everyone...

I mean sure the game gets on my nerves (I took a break from it because of it) but it does so because I feel I'm missing something other people see. And it's frustrating that I can't find information that tells me "Hey, you're screwing up here, and this is how."

In fairness every successful tactic on any form of this game over the years has exploited the engine in some way as that’s what we’re playing.

It’s strange for me as I almost think just playing the engine is more realistic than trying to play something that’s currently trendy in real life if that makes any sense.

IMO you see enough during matches to build a tactic that works. For example in my current save I’m playing a similar tactic to yours but with 3 cm’s instead of a dm, the central player more defensive minded and the wider two as B2B. I noticed I was getting caught by teams on the break because the B2B’s pushed up into the box more, leaving my remaining cm isolated against a counter-attack. This led me to tweak my tactic and improve my team’s work on both sides of the ball. Long story short I saw this happen enough in matches to realize what was going wrong and change something. 

ps I’m a huge fan of the midfield diamond and hope you get it working for you!