Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Match Preview Help?!

Hi guys I’ve been playing football manager for awhile now but I want to play it more realistically and in-depth. One feature I’ve always overlooked is the match previews. Have you guys got any tips and advice how I can choose my starting 11 and set my team up based on the match preview section. Where it shows the oppositions predicted xi and their team report! 

many thanks.

Hello mate and welcome. I don’t know about others on here but I rarely even look at the match preview to be honest with you, I usually just concentrate on my own tactic and if I create one good enough then it shouldn’t matter too much what the other team do. But I can imagine there are pluses to setting up your team to what the other team have set up, I just personally couldn’t see myself setting up differently for each game.

Now this has been mentioned it could well be something to look at in bigger games.

5 hours ago, MichaelJMorris said:

Hi guys I’ve been playing football manager for awhile now but I want to play it more realistically and in-depth. One feature I’ve always overlooked is the match previews. Have you guys got any tips and advice how I can choose my starting 11 and set my team up based on the match preview section. Where it shows the oppositions predicted xi and their team report! 

many thanks.

Don’t think many use the match preview as been mentioned above they set tactics and go . I like to look here and there not every game but more to see predictions, if a certain player is in starting 11 or any big injuries. Think the news item prematch with the formation is helpful too for realism as you can then base your formation to counter the one in report and can see teams recent form . I think in fmm20 for any added realism to careers you need to add it and follow your own set of house rules maybe make reading tactical analysis before games and making certain amount of changes every game could be one of yours.