Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Interested players say they aren't interested

Anders

I don't seem able to get any more players to sign for me. They show up as interested in the search, the scout says they are interested. However, when it comes to the contract, they all say, "I'm not interested in moving to your club at this time".

The latest example is Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who is transfer listed and desperate to move to another club. Well not that desperate then!

What could it be? I did the treble last season. Too large a squad? I've sold quite a few players who weren't up to it IMO.

Screenshot_2020-12-05-17-27-44-056_com.sega.score.jpg

Who are you out of interest? It’s frustrating when you find a good player that’s interested on the search but turns out they don’t want the move, no way around it I’m afraid, just keep winning things.

11 minutes ago, RichD said:

Who are you out of interest? It’s frustrating when you find a good player that’s interested on the search but turns out they don’t want the move, no way around it I’m afraid, just keep winning things.

Manchester United. I've had about 5 signings fall through now due to this.

Thanks though, I tried with some other random players and they will sign. Just one of those things I guess.

Edited by Anders
more info
6 minutes ago, Anders said:

Manchester United. I've had about 5 signings fall through now due to this.

That is very frustrating then, I don’t know away around that, unless it’s because he thinks he will be back up and competition is too much at your club? Only thinking that as it says back up in the squad status.

26 minutes ago, RichD said:

That is very frustrating then, I don’t know away around that, unless it’s because he thinks he will be back up and competition is too much at your club? Only thinking that as it says back up in the squad status.

It could well be. In reality he would be! I tried changing that status but it made no difference.

Was looking for another Cavani style signing, since he went downhill rapidly after about half a season.

Got this weird bug also, but for me it seems to be solved when I reload the save again. But it hurts my pride for doing so, so I hope SI can soon fix it.

It's just bizarre. Another club bid for Aubameyang, so thought I'd come with an offer again. I messed up the price and Arsenal got annoyed and walked. Aubameyang then says "he's furious", so I bid again, accepted, but I still get same message on the contract screen. The game makes no sense at times.

Screenshot_2020-12-06-22-02-50-079_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2020-12-06-22-03-37-728_com.sega.score.jpg

The saga ended with Aubameyang going to Crystal Palace. In the end, this problem meant I looked elsewhere and I was able to swap Van de Beek (valued at 101 million for some reason) + 5 million, for Haaland! 

I've had this a few times, and its annoying. Especially when you scout, it says interested, bid accepted then BAM player not interested at all. 

Used Robs way around it a couple of times, buying the player from their new club, but most of the time just forget them and move on. 

51 minutes ago, Rob said:

I get this a lot. Then I can then sign them immediately from the next team. In your case, Crystal Palace.

Hadn't thought of this, thanks. With Haaland signed, I defo don't need another poacher anymore. Given myself a selection headache in fact.