Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 2-2-2-3-1 Solid. Testet Barca and Leeds. UPDATED!

mareno

59 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I realise it doesn't apply to this formation but - if you play a 2 striker formation and one striker is left footed and the other is right footed, would you play the left footed guy on the left and the right footed guy on the right or the other way around? 

I like the right footed guy on the right and the left on the left. That's just me though. I'm sure others prefer different setups.

4 hours ago, Choseph said:

What style is this formation? As in when I’m creating it, is it a Tik-Taka, Gengen press etc. 

thanks 

As answered numerous times now in many threads across this board, it really makes no difference whatsoever which style you pick.

It is for templates only. Doesn't affect the way your team will ultimately play. As an example I set it to the clean slate one, then added the instructions etc.

FYI, it's a good tactic this.

Edited by Schwantz34

I liked the look of this tactic, but unfortunately it did not work out well for me. There were too many draws and I often lost when I was dominating. The SS also did not work as well as I anticipated, so I had to bin this tactic.

On 19/02/2021 at 02:51, Cziffra said:

I liked the look of this tactic, but unfortunately it did not work out well for me. There were too many draws and I often lost when I was dominating. The SS also did not work as well as I anticipated, so I had to bin this tactic.

Same. 

Playing as Arsenal  up to 6th December and ive had 3 defeats, all away from home. Four draws (Fulham, Brighton, Newcastle, Nice). In total 11w, 4d, 4l. 35gf, 16ga. Against Liverpool I lost 3-0 but what was interesting is that I conceded 8 clear cut chances and created zero. 

The pressing forward is a mixed bag. I see Auba getting a lot of 6s. 

I cant see this tactic working properly, your IWB's are just going to play as regular WB's as they have no space to cut inside to. That space is occupied by 2 RP's, you would have to put them onto FB position ls with IWB roles for there to be space for them to come inside to.

That kind of set up in my ss would have your IWB's cutting in, as it stands you have 2 standard wing backs bombing up wings the the wrong foot

Screenshot_20210319_143923_com.sega.score.jpg

Edited by Insidious
17 minutes ago, Insidious said:

I cant see this tactic working properly, your IWB's are just going to play as regular WB's as they have no space to cut inside to. That space is occupied by 2 RP's, you would have to put them onto FB position ls with IWB roles for there to be space for them to come inside to.

That kind of set up in my ss would have your IWB's cutting in, as it stands you have 2 standard wing backs bombing up wings the the wrong foot

Screenshot_20210319_143923_com.sega.score.jpg

With all due respect, this tactic has shown it has worked for the OP & a few who have tested. Yours may work perfectly fine aswell though :) 

58 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

With all due respect, this tactic has shown it has worked for the OP & a few who have tested. Yours may work perfectly fine aswell though :) 

It may work i didn't test it all i was sating is the IWB'S will play as normal wbs as the have no space to cut in to

Screenshot_20210319_155002_com.android.chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, JamesVilla said:

I'm going to test it tomorrow and see for myself then I'll post my results. In the mean time here is my tactic with proper use of IWB's 

And here is a link to a video i made about how IWB's work in game 

The proper use of inverted wing backs!
https://youtu.be/vY7-15vQY5s

Edited by Insidious
4 hours ago, Insidious said:

I'm going to test it tomorrow and see for myself then I'll post my results. In the mean time here is my tactic with proper use of IWB's 

And here is a link to a video i made about how IWB's work in game 

The proper use of inverted wing backs!
https://youtu.be/vY7-15vQY5s

The tactic he's made was successful for him. Why knock it? As someone who's tested it for myself I can tell you that it can be very effective, but like any tactic it won't work for everyone.

There isn't a 'proper use' of the IWB here because this isn't reality. Some of the most crazy looking setups have been brilliant in the past versions of the game and especially on this years version, but those setups would be ripped apart in real life.

Just enjoy the game, because that's all it is 👍🏼

Edited by Schwantz34
1 hour ago, Schwantz34 said:

The tactic he's made was successful for him. Why knock it? As someone who's tested it for myself I can tell you that it can be very effective, but like any tactic it won't work for everyone.

There isn't a 'proper use' of the IWB here because this isn't reality. Some of the most crazy looking setups have been brilliant in the past versions of the game and especially on this years version, but those setups would be ripped apart in real life.

Just enjoy the game, because that's all it is 👍🏼

1. i didn't knock his tactic just a small part of it which is 100000% wrong 

2. There is a proper use for every role otherwise there wouldn't be roles 

3. I'm 38 and have played fm since it was champ manager so i think i may have a small idea of what im saying 

I gave constructive criticism of a tactic and explained my reasoning behind it and you say im Knocking a tactic. Its called feedback, i never once was derogatory, only shared some knowledge 

Edited by Insidious
10 hours ago, Insidious said:

1. i didn't knock his tactic just a small part of it which is 100000% wrong 

2. There is a proper use for every role otherwise there wouldn't be roles 

3. I'm 38 and have played fm since it was champ manager so i think i may have a small idea of what im saying 

I gave constructive criticism of a tactic and explained my reasoning behind it and you say im Knocking a tactic. Its called feedback, i never once was derogatory, only shared some knowledge 

My point is how can it be '1000000% wrong' (which by the way is definitely knocking something, however you want to slice it) as you put it, when it clearly worked in the tactic he used? You said you couldn't see his tactic working, yet he had an unbeaten season, conceded only 17 in the league and scored over 100.

As I said it's a game that's never been wholly realistic as proven by so many unconventional tactics that would likely never work in reality. As well as many of the player roles over the years working in ways they aren't supposed to (which takes me back to what I originally said, the roles often don't mean as much as they do in reality) which leads to some crazy but fun outcomes.

I've played the game around the same length as you and am similarly aged, but I'm not sure what relevance that has if I'm honest.

Constructive criticism is for my money, something to be used to help with a problem. His tactic doesn't have a problem. You're trying to fix something that wasn't broken.

Not having a go at you here I just genuinely don't see why you felt the need to tell the poster they were wrong, when clearly they weren't because they had something that was successful.

Edited by Schwantz34

I've been meaning to post here but kept forgetting. 

Thank you for this tactic. For me, it has by far been the best I've used this year. I used it with Man Utd and had great success over 5 years. I've just started a new save and again it's solid. Sometimes the striker underperforms but it could simply be that the player isn't suited to the role. Its not a massive problem with Bruno sitting behind though.