Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guides/Tips The Art of Man Marking

broodje kip

Hey man...thanks for this tips....it helpful defending against opposition. But please I need your help

I built a Formation using a style similar to this so I can effectively use man marking as you described

Here is the formation. But one of the two strikers are my concern. I understand the advanced playmaker distance to the striker by it side might not be far. As the AP is someone that move forward. But I feel the cm might be too far. Because cm  might just sit in the middle. Want do you suggest. Or what do you think I change striker role to.

tmp-cam-7175434964331568176.jpg

Edited by Obayuwanapaul
1 hour ago, Obayuwanapaul said:

Hey man...thanks for this tips....it helpful defending against opposition. But please I need your help

I built a Formation using a style similar to this so I can effectively use man marking as you described

Here is the formation. But one of the two strikers are my concern. I understand the advanced playmaker distance to the striker by it side might not be far. As the AP is someone that move forward. But I feel the cm might be too far. Because cm  might just sit in the middle. Want do you suggest. Or what do you think I change striker role to.

tmp-cam-7175434964331568176.jpg

I’ve sent you a DM ;) 

First of all great guide. I have a few questions though:

1. In your match against Bayern, I assume Ascasibar was marking Muller. Despite that, Muller still became one of the star performers of the game. I don't quite get what happened. As for locking down Lewandowski and Musiala I thought the credit should go to your CBs instead?
  2. What if you are facing a playmaker as a right CM (facing Khedira), what would you do? Are you going to leave him around or swap Tousart and Khedira (which could hamper the team chemistry)? 
  3. If there are 2 players within the same distance from the marker (e.g. two AMs against Ascasibar), who will he mark?

Thank you!

Edited by eternalaurora
6 hours ago, eternalaurora said:

First of all great guide. I have a few questions though:

1. In your match against Bayern, I assume Ascasibar was marking Muller. Despite that, Muller still became one of the star performers of the game. I don't quite get what happened. As for locking down Lewandowski and Musiala I thought the credit should go to your CBs instead?
  2. What if you are facing a playmaker as a right CM (facing Khedira), what would you do? Are you going to leave him around or swap Tousart and Khedira (which could hamper the team chemistry)? 
  3. If there are 2 players within the same distance from the marker (e.g. two AMs against Ascasibar), who will he mark?

Thank you!

1. Muller was their man set piece taker which is why he has good number of key passes.
  2. Depends on my sistem but if I’m using this one, I’d just switch the position of the AP and the CM.
  3. From what I see, it seems like they mark the striker. I could be wrong but that’s what I saw from my test.
10 minutes ago, broodje kip said:
  1. Muller was their man set piece taker which is why he has good number of key passes.
  2. Depends on my sistem but if I’m using this one, I’d just switch the position of the AP and the CM.
  3. From what I see, it seems like they mark the striker. I could be wrong but that’s what I saw from my test.

Makes sense to me on 1 and 2.

Very interesting on 3. I thought he would choose to mark the one to his stronger foot. But I guess that would be a viable choice since there's only one striker? Or will you do differently, like using an IWB to mark an AM?

1 minute ago, eternalaurora said:

Makes sense to me on 1 and 2.

Very interesting on 3. I thought he would choose to mark the one to his stronger foot. But I guess that would be a viable choice since there's only one striker? Or will you do differently, like using an IWB to mark an AM?

Maybe change to another formation like 4-2-3-1 with 2 DM? I think this is a good and easy way to do it.

Edited by broodje kip
11 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Maybe change to another formation like 4-2-3-1 with 2 DM? I think this is a good and easy way to do it.

I'll try it with another save. Currently playing as Atalanta and don't have a single winger.

I hope this doesn't sound to confusing or make me look dumb

If i wanna mark there LCM do i use my RCM

and if i wanted to mark there LW would i use my rb ect?

2 minutes ago, Charlielfc24 said:

I hope this doesn't sound to confusing or make me look dumb

If i wanna mark there LCM do i use my RCM

and if i wanted to mark there LW would i use my rb ect?

Hope @broodje kipdoesnt mind me answering but yes you’re right 👍🏻