Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4321 - Plug n Play West Ham Treble

Burn

A plug and play tactic so you can blast through a season on commentary only settings, no need for any in-game tactical changes, just subs and you’re golden.

Took West Ham to the Prem title in Season 2, plus a 4-1 win over Chelsea in FA Cup final, beat Inter 2-1 in Champs League final, then a Euro Super Cup win against Man Utd for good measure.

A467A286-7C78-450E-9A99-7B1846F6F383.thumb.png.bf7175ef246e494f13479ba9c4647e77.png

3E7DFAA3-1A9E-4DD9-8982-3E2E83BAE77F.png

ED7A014C-1391-4B4D-A0D2-5FCA98C0416D.png

3013E9AB-5C15-41B5-A2E5-7139BAF79DFB.png

3C7BBEBB-D95D-4093-A8BD-D18A615700F4.png

B42DD6EA-87B2-4DAA-9F2C-C333B8C8697F.png

9C54E087-B278-426E-9ACD-59B16DF3D338.png

Edited by Burn
3 hours ago, Rhys Rockley said:

Works a dream in the championship bro! Nice one...was struggling to get one to work on this years edition! life saver!

Good to hear. Promotion and then glory 😂

Oh goodness, that didn't take long... After 7 games it looks more like you broke the game than anything else with this one. I don't even have the right players for half the positions. My team offense was clearly struggling before but then I had 23 shots for the first game (13 on target) .

All games were won with at least a 3 goals margin... Scary.

20 minutes ago, Helio said:

Oh goodness, that didn't take long... After 7 games it looks more like you broke the game than anything else with this one. I don't even have the right players for half the positions. My team offense was clearly struggling before but then I had 23 shots for the first game (13 on target) .

All games were won with at least a 3 goals margin... Scary.

You can make it more competitive by signing members of your family instead of professional footballers. My gran is 84 and scored 50 goals this season. 😂😂

4 hours ago, TheBirdMan said:

Doesn’t seem to be working for brentford

Strange. I’ve started a new save where I’ve sold a lot of senior players and bought young talent instead, and I’m still winning.

I noticed you have many recent comments about tactics working for others but failing for you. Perhaps it’s not just the tactics at fault?

Are you using your best players based on their current ability and their role suitability?

How is your player morale? That can also be a big factor at start of the game.

Another thing I always do is ensure I have the best possible Gold/Natural staff. Not sure if it is a factor in your case, but just making the point that it’s always a high priority on my ‘to do’ list.

Edited by Burn

Update on a new save… buying and nurturing future stars is a big element of what I enjoy about the game, and with the recently added Wonderkids list now available I began a new save.

West Ham again, and this same tactic, but this time I transfer-listed every senior player and used the proceeds from every sale to buy as many replacement Wonderkids as I could.

A big player clear-out plus selling Rice to Chelsea for silly money helped to fund my plan nicely.

Anyone who has played this game over a number of years knows that most Wonderkids need to be nurtured over an extended time, you can’t just throw them in and expect results. Except that is exactly what I did.

Notable signings were Mamardashvilli in goal, in CD I had Adrian Corral and Nathan Collins with Zabarnayi, Kurt Zouma was my senior and Captain. Wing Backs were Livramento, Adamarola, Rensch and Vagnoman.

Midfield was Seiwald, Wirtz and Sucic on rotation with Soucek, Fornals and Vlasic. Inside forwards were Benrahma, Bowen, Angelo and Fandje Toure. Finally upfront Sesko and Cunha.

With some players as young as 17, and a very busy fixture schedule, I should have failed miserably.

I finished 4th in Premiership, got to quarters in the FA Cup and won the Euro Cup.

Can’t win anything with kids? You can with this tactic!

About to start season 2 now, I’ll update on that in due course.

05BA53A8-56AE-4533-9FB2-F4AADD895F0C.png

Edited by Burn
29 minutes ago, LFCTERAS said:

What staff roles you have and your coaching style ? And manager options settings ? Please

Def, Att, Yth, Fit, all Gold Natural. Plus myself on Youth. I always play as Youth Coach, best way to quickly form positive bonds with your players.

Manager option settings are all default.

I look after training. Everyone is on role specific training with focus on any stated weakness, all on Normal intensity. I hate injuries more than I like fast growth.

My senior players with above average leadership stats - Zouma, Soucek, Vlasic - are all mentoring one or more players. Remember, I’m building for future dominance.

Edited by Burn
26 minutes ago, Jjjjgjv said:

Does this tactic work with the update from 3 days ago?

Yes, this is right now, screenshot taken a second ago, and with a team full of kids…

A72CEC70-8D92-44E0-9540-00CD7D20B5FD.png

Edited by Burn
5 hours ago, LFCTERAS said:

And you choose best players from curent abillity or value ?

added 0 minutes later

Or....wich is best ?

I believe star rating is based mostly on a players current performance within his current squad, and a players financial value is possibly a better indicator of current ability overall - so when faced with a choice of say a 3 star youth player worth £5M or a 2.5 star Youth player worth £10M, I’ll favour the more valuable £10M player, as it seems to me that higher value Youths rate higher and grow faster.

Continue keeping an eye on player morale, green players play better, and of course current form is an important factor. Get to Christmas in any season and you’ll have enough game data to judge your squad and split it in to an A team and B team using players current Average Rating. Use Load Selection to pick that A or B team on a game by game basis. Plan fixtures ahead so the better team is always fit for the tougher games.

Edited by Burn
On 12/11/2021 at 17:41, Burn said:

A tweak of a Lynch 433 tactic that originated in FMM20. It’s plug and play so you can blast through a season on commentary only settings, no need for any in-game tactical changes, just subs and you’re golden.

Took West Ham to the Prem title in Season 2, plus a 4-1 win over Chelsea in FA Cup final, beat Inter 2-1 in Champs League final, then a Euro Super Cup win against Man Utd for good measure.

3E7DFAA3-1A9E-4DD9-8982-3E2E83BAE77F.png

ED7A014C-1391-4B4D-A0D2-5FCA98C0416D.png

6B1BAD08-FCF9-4E8A-B1E4-84F7CA6F5064.png

3013E9AB-5C15-41B5-A2E5-7139BAF79DFB.png

3C7BBEBB-D95D-4093-A8BD-D18A615700F4.png

B42DD6EA-87B2-4DAA-9F2C-C333B8C8697F.png

9C54E087-B278-426E-9ACD-59B16DF3D338.png

Curious how effective the look for overlaps is for you. I've never had success with it. I guess I'll have to retry. I've always seen the overlaps happen automatically.

Edited by LostHorizons

“Look for overlaps” encourages the Wing Backs to push up further and play with more risk while the wingers, or Inside Forwards in this case, sit back more and cover them.

If you have Wing Backs who are better at crossing than your Inside Forwards, which is pretty common, then it seems like a viable box to tick.

I’m also guessing it leads to more shots and less crosses from the IF positions.

More importantly, looking at the large number of shots and chances created, it seems to work.

Getting stronger now. It’s only Maccabi Tel Aviv, but still my youngsters are powering up nicely, dominating, creating lots of chances, high number of shots is starting to turn in to more goals, and this tactic is certainly allowing me the luxury of giving my Wonderkids lots of playing time.

0D9FC20D-8548-4960-88AA-EB2C4BE93876.png

Edited by Burn

For better context, this is very next match after the easy Maccabi win... Beat Man City, who we also dominated heavily in terms of shots, chances and rating.

"Big deal, beating Man City, whatever", again the context here is that this isn't Liverpool beating City, this is a team who other than Benrahma and Bowen (both transfer listed) is made up of entirely kids. Wonderkids sure, but still currently kids who are way short of their final stats.

Goals coming from striker, both inside forwards and midfield - it's typical that the goals are shared around like this, not all from striker, so this likely isn't a viable 1K tactic.

A844D22E-7338-428E-8810-0FB45A1BFA66.jpeg

Edited by Burn

ouch, that’s nasty form, i quite literally don‘t know what to say about that!

my current game in progress…

6CF7E398-7187-4B58-BA95-B460DA69C09C.png

Edited by Burn

Second in Premiership, won Carabou and Champions League. Confident next year will see enough maturity in squad to win Prem.

2FDBFDFA-AF5B-4C36-9097-3A1DE4E9C0A8.png

B5866433-BDB3-4015-A514-63BD67DB77FE.png

Edited by Burn

Started this tactic with Newcastle last night, as my first with FMM22. 

couldnt win at all with your tactic after 7 games, had only 2 draws and 5 losses 

turns out I was that tired last night  I didn’t do half the correct instructions 😂😂😂

this was the first result after making sure your tactic instructions was correct. will keep you updated on my progress

BF9DE385-38B3-4A40-A31C-83B7728ECA50.png

Edited by JackLiquids

I found this tactic good, but sometimes inconsistent. I changed the striker to a target forward and found it was more consistent. Currently battling for top spot with villa in second season.

Good find!

Edited after further investigation.

I’m seeing better results on another new save when using Complete Forward.

2D03986D-2275-4D5D-9432-4CFB0A7E2015.jpeg

Edited by Burn