Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Three League titles in a single year

Pete123

Thanks to a dominant season in the Northern Irish Third Division, some judicious career moves, and the Irish league being a summer one, I managed to win three different league titles in a single calendar year.

What do you think the most league titles you could theoretically win in a single calendar year is? What's the most you have done?

Screenshot_20220127-120208_FM22 Mobile-01.jpeg

Edited by Pete123
24 minutes ago, scouse_v said:

7 -

1. League title
  2. domestic cup,
  3. FA cup,
  4. Community shield,
  5. Champions league,
  6. Super cup,
  7. Club world cup 

2 hours ago, Pete123 said:

Thanks to a dominant season in the Northern Irish Third Division, some judicious career moves, and the Irish league being a summer one, I managed to win three different league titles in a single calendar year.

What do you think the most league titles you could theoretically win in a single calendar year is? What's the most you have done?

Yeah, it's League titles specifically, not trophies. So you have to win with one club then switch club to another one in a different league.

I reckon four is the maximum possible within one calendar year, and you would have to get lucky with jobs becoming available, and load one or two nations with a summer league.

In the example above I started at Dollingstown, won the Championship 2 league by January, then got the job at Newry who were second in the Championship, and won that league, then got offered the job at Treaty United who were third in the Irish First Division, and won that in September. So three different league titles with three clubs in eight months. 

Edited by Pete123

oh nice! that is some rare coincidence for you to jump ship in between the season, complete it with one team and then move to a different league. 

Mostly seasons starts around Aug and ends in May - these timings over here plays a key role for you to make a switch and win. 

But kudos for your attempt. Amazing! What tactic did you use btw, just out of curiosity. 

@Pete123 because of the pandemic the Canadian league during FMM21 had only a 7 game season. That’s a quick and easy title but I’m not sure when it was in the year and it’s returned to 28 games for this year’s game.

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

@Pete123 because of the pandemic the Canadian league during FMM21 had only a 7 game season. That’s a quick and easy title but I’m not sure when it was in the year and it’s returned to 28 games for this year’s game.

That would be a good one all right. The Northern Irish lower leagues are a good place to start as the season is only 20 games.

3 hours ago, scouse_v said:

oh nice! that is some rare coincidence for you to jump ship in between the season, complete it with one team and then move to a different league. 

Mostly seasons starts around Aug and ends in May - these timings over here plays a key role for you to make a switch and win. 

But kudos for your attempt. Amazing! What tactic did you use btw, just out of curiosity. 

Currently going for a fourth league title at Greenock Morton, and if I win it (one point clear with seven games left) it will be four league titles in just 60 matches, including a few cup games.

I don't really like using set formations and prefer to suit it to the team. But I have been mainly playing a flat 5-3-2 with wingbacks, a BPD in the middle of defence and an APM in the middle of midfield, with NCD and CMs either side. Two AFs or an AF and a P up front. Usually a balanced team playing a high line and the offside trap. Then I go to 4-3-3 with a TF and more direct and central when I need a win.

With lower leagues, working on corner and free kick routines can make a major difference, as well as having a really good captain and working on the players' morale as they seem a bit more fragile than the top pros!