Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Do you guys use Advanced forward? How do you guys play them

Victor77

Have been playing with advance forward lately and but I don't know how to get the best out of that position. Your opinions are really need 🙏

Hi Victor, can I ask - what formation + team are you using?

In last year’s FMM, I enjoyed a simple Man Utd save with a 4231, with Rashford as an IF on the left, Lingard / Greenwood as in IW on the right, and crucially Martial as an AF in the center. Martial scored loads that season. Happily used the same setup in the MLS also 👍 

Overall I found the IF and AF combination very successful, though the IW on the other side needed to stay out if the way and stretch the opposition defence, so sometimes I changed that IW to a Winger just to create more space for the IF / AF to run into.

Also found that dropping the defensive line to ‘normal’ created more space for my IF / AF to run into.

Edit - I need to restart this on this years years FMM version.

Thoughts? What’s your team’s situation?

Edited by DanEnglish
11 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Hi Victor, can I ask - what formation + team are you using?

In last year’s FMM, I enjoyed a simple Man Utd save with a 4231, with Rashford as an IF on the left, Lingard / Greenwood as in IW on the right, and crucially Martial as an AF in the center. Martial scored loads that season. Happily used the same setup in the MLS also 👍 

Overall I found the IF and AF combination very successful, though the IW on the other side needed to stay out if the way and stretch the opposition defence, so sometimes I changed that IW to a Winger just to create more space for the IF / AF to run into.

Also found that dropping the defensive line to ‘normal’ created more space for my IF / AF to run into.

Edit - I need to restart this on this years years FMM version.

Thoughts? What’s your team’s situation?

We are actually winning games but the goal mainly come from the midfield players..... Am almost done with my journeyman save so when am done I would start a new save to test this IF and IW

added 0 minutes later
Just now, Victor77 said:

We are actually winning games but the goal mainly come from the midfield players..... Am almost done with my journeyman save so when am done I would start a new save to test this IF and IW

When am less busy I would send you a screenshot of my tactics

9 hours ago, Victor77 said:

added 0 minutes later

When am less busy I would send you a screenshot of my tactics

It more to do with the passing strat for me a AF best trait is someone to run in behind. keeping passing short or mixed are a must (unless paired with target man).

try gegengpress but have mentally to counter and play through balls an maybe put a AP behind him feeding them.

7 hours ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

It more to do with the passing strat for me a AF best trait is someone to run in behind. keeping passing short or mixed are a must (unless paired with target man).

try gegengpress but have mentally to counter and play through balls an maybe put a AP behind him feeding them.

Hmmm that a great idea I would try this too.... Am really busy with test at the university

On 19/02/2022 at 22:46, Victor77 said:

Am almost done with my journeyman save so when am done I would start a new save to test this IF and IW

Sounds great.

If you want to see some examples (as you see very busy) - I’ve created a ‘guide’ <here> about one way to use an AF - with lots of screenshot examples.

It shows the IF and IW usage quite well + fits with what @YetAnotherDisplayName said about short passing with an AP.

Let me know what you think!

Edited by DanEnglish