Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Update on AM22 (Scouting App for FMM22)

Scratch

I know many of you are waiting for me to release AM22.

Well, I have some good news and some bad news...

The Bad News

I tried to submit it AM22 to Google Play, but for it to be accepted it needs to target the latest version of Android. That's easy enough to change, but when I change it, it stops working with Android 10, 11 and 12 (the latest three versions), due to their more restrictive file permission model. Basically the app cannot access the save game files. 

There should be a way around it - users will need to jump through a couple of hoops, but then it will work - BUT I cannot add that unless I update to the latest version of the programming language I'm using. And I can't do that without a complete rewrite of the app, because it's using libraries that won't work with the latest version of the programming language.

So... I cannot release AM22 on Google Play.

The Good News

The app does actually work with the latest versions of Android when I'm not specifically targeting them - it does work (for mean a couple of beta testers), I just can't submit it to Google Play.

Therefore, I'm releasing it here for free and embarking on a total rewrite for AM23 and will hopefully get that on Google Play.

If you want it, come get it (once the mods have approved it):

But please note: I might not be able to provide support once I update the programming language.

2 minutes ago, LFCTERAS said:

When you release it ?

Already done, but a mod has to approve it before you can get to it: 

I guess a mod will be along soon and they'll be able to approve it.

Edited by Scratch

I believe you should keep your baby until such time you can profit from it. You've worked too hard to give it away for nothing!

*as I eagerly await a mod accepting it so I can get at it myself* 😂

10 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I believe you should keep your baby until such time you can profit from it. You've worked too hard to give it away for nothing!

*as I eagerly await a mod accepting it so I can get at it myself* 😂

There's always next year, LoL! :D 

6 hours ago, LFCTERAS said:

For me not working...why ? When i wanna to choose a save....games folder is empty...why?

Have you seen this: 

It won't show you the files and you don't actually open them that way, that's only to set the folder so the Save 1, Save 2, etc buttons can work. More info on the linked post - if it doesn't work, please let me know. And also let me know which version of Android, where your save games are (might be a problem if they are in the Android > App folder), maybe a screenshot of what does show etc.. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Rob said:

appel  staw vershun now plz

Seriously, very kind of you to release.

Thanks mate. Apple version for your tactics! LoL, gonna be a while for Apple version if I can't even get the Android one on Play...