Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Does the AI cheat on this game?

sussexpob

This new version of this game seems to have an unfair balance between the AI and user teams. I started a career with Union SG in the Belgian league (local team), but I notice a few weird things.....

(a) I won 10 leagues in a row, but get a budget of 3-4 Million a year, and cant pay anyone much past 10k. I have managed to get the stadium to 30k, which is the biggest in the league..... yet, I have 16th placed teams that never qualify for Europe buying players every window at the budget I get for 4 years! 

(b) Changing attributes... I have noticed that when I sell players to bigger clubs, their attributes in some cases rise instantly after the transfer. I have had some average players suddenly turn into world beaters at the click of a button. 

(c) Value of players.... I eventually got bored of Belgium and took a PL job at Man United. The top value player I had was 18 million value, with a couple in the range of 12 million, most in the 5-8 range despite eventually being strong enough to consistently get the latter stages of the CL (and won it once in 12 years). 

I went back to plunder some cheap talent, and the entire squad's lowest value is now 28 million. My top player value went to 58 million.... again, instantaneously. I spent 12 years having to reject Chelsea offering a pack of peanuts for my players, to suddenly leaving and them being the most valuable squad in history. 

(d) Ridiculous scaling of clubs - WInning the champions league, and having Monza beat you to a transfer from Serie B, offering lower wages. Or the same club then offering 1 Euro for your top player, sending them into a demand to be released from CL football to trawl the small villages in the Italian countryside for a paycut. 

While I am at it, this years addition seems to be absolutely stupid for a number of reasons

(e) Ridiculous expectations - Having a Belgian side 17 points clear, still the cup, and knocking out Real Madrid from the champions league, but because you spent the generous budget of 3 million Euros they gave you on a 15 year old Marseille prospect, the board are merely satisfied with you because they are unable you bought a bad player (who then becomes Ronaldo). 

(f) Crap scouting - Even Gold scouts seem incapable of identifying talent. They have a close to zero percent hit rate on accuracy of potential. The only way is to sign a player and check how good he is.... but even then, the same coach in a season will rate the same player as every part of the spectrum between 2-5 stars. 

(g) Success actually making you play bad - Win 10 games in a row, and the whole squad becoming a gibbering wreck because they are afraid the good run will come to an end... queue getting absolutely annihilated in a one of game by 17th place in the league. 

(h) Team talks..... The same players react the same way before matches without change.... and for some reason they think every game vs a top 8 side is a MASSIVE game and are red 

I could go on....

Do they even bothered to put an effort into this game anymore? 

1 hour ago, sussexpob said:

This new version of this game seems to have an unfair balance between the AI and user teams. I started a career with Union SG in the Belgian league (local team), but I notice a few weird things.....

(a) I won 10 leagues in a row, but get a budget of 3-4 Million a year, and cant pay anyone much past 10k. I have managed to get the stadium to 30k, which is the biggest in the league..... yet, I have 16th placed teams that never qualify for Europe buying players every window at the budget I get for 4 years! 

(b) Changing attributes... I have noticed that when I sell players to bigger clubs, their attributes in some cases rise instantly after the transfer. I have had some average players suddenly turn into world beaters at the click of a button. 

(c) Value of players.... I eventually got bored of Belgium and took a PL job at Man United. The top value player I had was 18 million value, with a couple in the range of 12 million, most in the 5-8 range despite eventually being strong enough to consistently get the latter stages of the CL (and won it once in 12 years). 

I went back to plunder some cheap talent, and the entire squad's lowest value is now 28 million. My top player value went to 58 million.... again, instantaneously. I spent 12 years having to reject Chelsea offering a pack of peanuts for my players, to suddenly leaving and them being the most valuable squad in history. 

(d) Ridiculous scaling of clubs - WInning the champions league, and having Monza beat you to a transfer from Serie B, offering lower wages. Or the same club then offering 1 Euro for your top player, sending them into a demand to be released from CL football to trawl the small villages in the Italian countryside for a paycut. 

While I am at it, this years addition seems to be absolutely stupid for a number of reasons

(e) Ridiculous expectations - Having a Belgian side 17 points clear, still the cup, and knocking out Real Madrid from the champions league, but because you spent the generous budget of 3 million Euros they gave you on a 15 year old Marseille prospect, the board are merely satisfied with you because they are unable you bought a bad player (who then becomes Ronaldo). 

(f) Crap scouting - Even Gold scouts seem incapable of identifying talent. They have a close to zero percent hit rate on accuracy of potential. The only way is to sign a player and check how good he is.... but even then, the same coach in a season will rate the same player as every part of the spectrum between 2-5 stars. 

(g) Success actually making you play bad - Win 10 games in a row, and the whole squad becoming a gibbering wreck because they are afraid the good run will come to an end... queue getting absolutely annihilated in a one of game by 17th place in the league. 

(h) Team talks..... The same players react the same way before matches without change.... and for some reason they think every game vs a top 8 side is a MASSIVE game and are red 

I could go on....

Do they even bothered to put an effort into this game anymore? 

The majority of the points you made I've also experienced and they're annoying as f**k!

In particular the worse ones for me are...

(b) I've noticed this happen for the last few years and I've never understood why it happens.

(g) I cannot state how much I also hate this.

(h) I've turned team talks off for this very reason.

(b) that's a thing for years and if you buy a player his attributes also decrease. I told that here and nobody cared lol.

(f) 80% of the players i bought are from scout reports, i have no issues.

(h) i think they are useless and dont do anything and that's easy to prove.