Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat How is the game after 10-ish seasons?

LuMuja

Hello everyone.

The last version I played was Fmm21. I loved it to bits, but after about 10 seasons of game I noticed it was getting too easy. Mainly because the European top teams were very very bad at buying players. 
I remember moving to Juve in 2034 or something, and they had abysmal players and not even enough of them for filling up the bench for a league game.

has this changed with this year’s version? Or is it still that bad?

thanks in advance

I haven’t gone further than 8 seasons yet but from what I’ve seen it’s definitely better than previous editions in terms of AI management building

1 hour ago, Resurgam said:

I haven’t gone further than 8 seasons yet but from what I’ve seen it’s definitely better than previous editions in terms of AI management building

That's great, thank you. I really hope you're right.
Because I like to have long careers, starting from the bottom of lower divisions, and when I get to the top I want for the challenge to still be there!

Game gets really easy with wonderkids maturing and while other teams do buy, signings aren't of that quality. Better than before but far from hard. So I trigger different challenges, selling my key players,0transfer funds , injury crisis etc to make it more challenging

I used to load AI teams wit quality players using the editor in the past. Havent progressed far into this year's version to resort to that yet (6 seasons max).

And ye, challenges make it fun.

Also, not spending you whole budget works. I hate having to cripple myself but having world class players as benchwarmers kills any realism and fun for me. I sometimes sell them cheap or just let their contracts run out when i get bored of certain player and find money overflowing a lot.

AI manager still bases their transfer logic around reputation, and plays players by essentially looking at the CA values.

The AI manager still wouldn't know some of the best utility and squad players, even if you sold him to them and waited till 6 month left on the contract.

On 21/03/2023 at 12:48, zaangie said:

Isn't much better to be honest.

On 21/03/2023 at 23:09, TheShane said:

Game gets really easy with wonderkids maturing and while other teams do buy, signings aren't of that quality. Better than before but far from hard. So I trigger different challenges, selling my key players,0transfer funds , injury crisis etc to make it more challenging

Ugh, I see. That's what I feared.

On 22/03/2023 at 12:11, Meow said:

AI manager still bases their transfer logic around reputation, and plays players by essentially looking at the CA values.

The AI manager still wouldn't know some of the best utility and squad players, even if you sold him to them and waited till 6 month left on the contract.

Yeah, that's sad. I think that the AI buying players based on their reputation IS more realistic, but it also cripples it a bit.
I rememebr a version of FM, I think it was '07, where the AI bought players based on their actual stats and potential, which meant that the best and richest teams ALWAYS got the BEST players, and the challenge was still there even 50 years in the future. 

On 22/03/2023 at 00:24, BarnDoor said:

I used to load AI teams wit quality players using the editor in the past. Havent progressed far into this year's version to resort to that yet (6 seasons max).

And ye, challenges make it fun.

Also, not spending you whole budget works. I hate having to cripple myself but having world class players as benchwarmers kills any realism and fun for me. I sometimes sell them cheap or just let their contracts run out when i get bored of certain player and find money overflowing a lot.

But you gave me an idea!!
I don't like crippling myself, either, because that's no fun. It feels like cheating in reverse, if you get what I mean.

So that's what I'll do: I'll use the editor to modify the stats of the players bought by the top teams, and change their stats to make them better!!
So it'd be just the same as the big teams making good transfers!
Maybe a tad time consuming, but I think it'll be fun.

Thanks guys!