Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM24 - New Features Revealed + Screenshots

FuddledFox

Only one league introduced in FMM 24 and this one irrelevant, is that a joke!? 😒
The following leagues mentioned should not even be part of this mobile game, they are unattractive: Ireland, Northern Ireland, South Africa, Scotland, Australia, Canada, Wales and Japan.
I find it hard to believe that it is so difficult to be able to obtain the licensing of leagues like Brazil, Croatia, Romania, Austria and so on.
That garbage of a game called "soccer manager 2024" has managed to license many interesting leagues, and you, a big company, find it difficult to get licenses!
In the images presented to reveal the new information, the AFC Wimbledon club and the Romanian national football team appear, and the fact that the Romanian national team was in the foreground opened a thought for me that when I reach the end of the article, I will see written that it was introduced and the Romanian league.
In the fifa game, the new EA FC, the Romanian league is licensed from 2020, and our federation is open to collaborations, for the promotion of football in Romania, and if it had negotiations with you, it would certainly materialize, but I don't think SI will shake too much. Beautify the game and make some minor improvements, it's not enough for €60/year and still, I'll try the new game, even though I bought the game every year and could play the previous editions, but I love this game too much and I try to stay positive, giving you credit that the game will undergo major improvements in the near future.

46 minutes ago, Jens said:

I've been playing touch on Switch for 3 years now and I can highly recommend it. Pc version is too much, but touch and console are highly enjoyable 

Was having a read of some reviews of the console version (2023 one) and almost everywhere says it's good.

Particularly liked how they describe it here;

https://www.eurogamer.net/football-managers-new-console-edition-is-the-best-youll-get-without-a-pc

Think I'll definitely get console 2024 and see how that goes.

Edited by Schwantz34

I own a PS4 console and was a little disappointed to find out that FM is only available on PS5, but I will be making the switch to PS5 soon. Lots of exciting games are announced for PS5 this end of the year and throughout 2024, such as: Avatar, Robocop, Metal Gear Solid and more.
Let's get out of the football universe too 😁, with adventure, action, horror games...

Funnily enough when player talks crept into every aspect of the match experience in the full version is when I stopped playing it. It just feels like such a chore when you want to zoom through a few matches—which is FMM’s strength. I hope it’s still able to be turned off.

22 minutes ago, Bernardht Andy said:

FMM 24'te yalnızca tek bir lig tanıtıldı ve bunun konuyla alakası yok, bu bir şaka mı!? 😒
Bahsedilen aşağıdaki ligler bu mobil oyunun bir parçası bile olmamalı, çekici değiller: İrlanda, Kuzey İrlanda, Güney Afrika, İskoçya, Avustralya, Kanada, Galler ve Japonya.
Brezilya, Hırvatistan, Romanya, Avusturya ve benzeri liglerin lisanslarını almanın bu kadar zor olduğuna inanmakta zorlanıyorum.
"Futbol menajeri 2024" adlı oyunun çöplüğü, birçok ilginç ligin lisansını almayı başardı ve büyük bir şirket olarak siz, lisans almakta zorlanıyorsunuz!
Yeni bilgileri ortaya çıkarmak için sunulan görsellerde AFC Wimbledon kulübü ve Romanya milli futbol takımı yer alıyor ve Romanya milli takımının ön planda olması bende bir düşünce açtı; yazının sonuna geldiğimde, tanıtıldığını ve Romanya liginin yazılı olduğunu göreceksiniz.
Fifa oyununda, yeni EA FC, Romanya ligi 2020'den itibaren lisanslıdır ve federasyonumuz, Romanya'da futbolun teşviki için işbirliklerine açıktır ve eğer sizinle görüşmeler yapsaydı kesinlikle gerçekleşirdi ama ben düşünmüyorum SI'nın çok fazla sallanacağını düşünmüyorum. Oyunu güzelleştirin ve bazı küçük iyileştirmeler yapın, bu 60 €/yıl için yeterli değil ve yine de yeni oyunu deneyeceğim, oyunu her yıl satın almama ve önceki sürümleri oynayabilmeme rağmen, ama bu oyunu çok seviyorum ve olumlu kalmaya çalışıyorum ve oyunun yakın gelecekte büyük gelişmelere uğrayacağını size güveniyorum.

If you want a romanian league in FM 23, I have a romanian league database, if you want, I can give it privately

Completely off subject but just downloaded FM 23 onto my PS5, it's actually bloody good! Will be able to play this at work when I've got free time. So wish mobile was like this

20231026_185340.jpg

20231026_185541.jpg

20231026_185553.jpg

20231026_185617.jpg

1 minute ago, leedsunited87 said:

Tamamen konu dışı ama FM 23'ü az önce PS5'ime indirdim, aslında çok iyi! Boş zamanım olduğunda bunu işyerinde oynayabileceğim. Keşke mobil de böyle olsa

20231026_185340.jpg

20231026_185541.jpg

20231026_185553.jpg

20231026_185617.jpg

Looks great! 

3 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

Completely off subject but just downloaded FM 23 onto my PS5, it's actually bloody good! Will be able to play this at work when I've got free time. So wish mobile was like this

20231026_185340.jpg

20231026_185541.jpg

20231026_185553.jpg

20231026_185617.jpg

Yeah like I say I like the reviews of it so I'm waiting for 24 and will roll with that to see if I enjoy it.

No excuses why FMM couldn't be near this class. The phones now, are bloody brilliant. I mean I'm really impressed with the PS5, version 

A question I think I already know the answer... Are Mods not possible at all on console version? Thanks 

How isn't Netflix included as a feature? The only thing 24 is bringing to the table is a ******* subscription to an unrelated product.

The plan is working, if the die hards here are eyeing up FMT what hope does FMM have. 

15 minutes ago, Migraz said:

A question I think I already know the answer... Are Mods not possible at all on console version? Thanks 

What are mods? Sorry haha 

@Schwantz34

I think we will enjoy the 24 version on ps5. Looks mint the 23rd one. Abit overwhelmed at 1st, but blows me away. Will still get the mobile version, but probably will spend more time on ps5 version. As I have remote play on my phone

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

How isn't Netflix included as a feature? The only thing 24 is bringing to the table is a ******* subscription to an unrelated product.

The plan is working, if the die hards here are eyeing up FMT what hope does FMM have. 

I will still play the mobile version as its free, but very dissatisfied with what has come out today 

1 hour ago, leedsunited87 said:

No excuses why FMM couldn't be near this class. The phones now, are bloody brilliant. I mean I'm really impressed with the PS5, version 

There are so many different spec phones that it must be a nightmare to test, let alone design anything fancy.

But in general I see there’s a lot of negativity between the changes between versions. I think the game is better evolving slowly. I seem to remember an interview with the guy who kicked it all off (Toms??). His biggest regret was putting in too much stuff too quickly. It’s much harder to change a game once it’s travelling down the wrong path.

But the whole Netflix thing is a real d*** punch.

BTW I’m probably a 2D forever guy 😆

45 minutes ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

There are so many different spec phones that it must be a nightmare to test, let alone design anything fancy.

But in general I see there’s a lot of negativity between the changes between versions. I think the game is better evolving slowly. I seem to remember an interview with the guy who kicked it all off (Toms??). His biggest regret was putting in too much stuff too quickly. It’s much harder to change a game once it’s travelling down the wrong path.

But the whole Netflix thing is a real d*** punch.

If it went any slower it would be going bloody backwards. The game has added one substantial feature (set pieces) in basically a decade. 

Seriously between the EME being added and set pieces I can't think of anything that changed gameplay and wasn't a gimmick or optional fake depth (traits/team talks/menus), definitely nothing in the years since set pieces. 

I'm not even disappointed anymore as it was expected. 

Underwhelming announcements so far overall but I did spot one new role - inverted full backs - which hopefully means they won’t creep up to the AM position and instead stay back - bring on #AngeBall.

IMG_4800.thumb.png.c2a45b41334de31da6e5733ab086afc7.png

£10 every year for a transfer update is one thing, but a £10 game only offering a transfer update while increasing the price to £60+ is outrageous. 

Like the disappointment would be real right now if it was the standard price release, to have the balls to increase the price by six times and not offer any improvement is scandalous. 

SI are so lucky FMM is niche and not even a blip on the gaming radar as the backlash and coverage from gaming fans as a whole would be unbearable.

Instead they can sit there counting the big bag of money they received for minimal work while ignoring the 50 odd people that care. 

No problem, I must sorry for my vocabulary from the Nineties ... 🙂

With mods I mean for example the possibility to add logos, shirts, pictures and  real fixed names as in PC or mobile versions...but I think the answer, as in the past, is still NO. 

@Schwantz34

I think we will enjoy the 24 version on ps5. Looks mint the 23rd one. Abit overwhelmed at 1st, but blows me away. Will still get the mobile version, but probably will spend more time on ps5 version. As I have remote play on my phone

I have an Xbox Series S so should run fine on that.

Looking forward to seeing if it hooks me. Might be able to better replicate an Amorim style system on it than mobile too.

47 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If it went any slower it would be going bloody backwards. The game has added one substantial feature (set pieces) in basically a decade. 

Seriously between the EME being added and set pieces I can't think of anything that changed gameplay and wasn't a gimmick or optional fake depth (traits/team talks/menus), definitely nothing in the years since set pieces. 

I'm not even disappointed anymore as it was expected. 

I suppose but what is a must have for you? I thought FMM23 was a cracking game. I spent more hours playing that than any previous version. 

I’d much prefer them to be tweaking the game engine and evolving how players play in the different roles rather than bolting on something else to the game. Or putting together a genuine  difficult mode for the veterans. The main weakness for the game (and me personally) is that I find a tactic that works and hardly ever evolve it during a career—just the odd tweak depending on opposition formation. 

Edited by DoneHisCruciate
36 minutes ago, Migraz said:

No problem, I must sorry for my vocabulary from the Nineties ... 🙂

With mods I mean for example the possibility to add logos, shirts, pictures and  real fixed names as in PC or mobile versions...but I think the answer, as in the past, is still NO. 

Oh right I Don't think you can buddy 

48 minutes ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

I suppose but what is a must have for you? I thought FMM23 was a cracking game. I spent more hours playing that than any previous version. 

I’d much prefer them to be tweaking the game engine and evolving how players play in the different roles rather than bolting on something else to the game. Or putting together a genuine  difficult mode for the veterans. The main weakness for the game (and me personally) is that I find a tactic that works and hardly ever evolve it during a career—just the odd tweak depending on opposition formation. 

For what it's worth 23 is the most I've liked a FMM for a few years, but I still had hardly any motivation to play it. 

I've said my hopes and dreams for this engine for years, imo FMM is a tactical game, it's main feature should be it's tactics and the strategy of it all, not on questionnaires like team talks. The engine stagnated extremely quickly and it's hardly changed for a decade, this system is all cookie cutter with your options being to play what SI say should work or to break the engine. I hate having to routinely play from SI's play book as this role system is extremely limiting and offers so little, especially for experienced players who've had this same gameplay for a decade. I've always understood they didn't want to raise the barrier of entry but with every release they seem to think the average FMM fan is thick as shit, hell one of the key features this year is the AI tells you what to do FFS. The AI decides what formations/role combo works and it now tells you what players you should use, like we are one feature away from just holidaying and letting the game play itself. Personally I feel I have hardly any input into FMM anymore outside of transfers, which they've also ruined year on year with the nonsense like players not even entertaining offers etc. Something as simple as having the preset roles but being able to open them to tweak their individual settings would have blown the tactical experience wide open, it would have opened the door to so much creativity and options. For example the IFB/Trent/Stones role is the big fad atm, the fact we can't do that without waiting for a new role a year later is a joke, continuing with Trent even when he was our playmaker from RB we can't do that, we can't echo what the game is trying to emulate as it's too restrictive 

If they couldn't go tactical (which we know they could have) then I'd have loved to have seen a stat based engine, football stats are everywhere now and have gone mainstream, so a stat based game could have been really interesting and something to set itself aside from FM/FMT. 

I saw recently EA I think it was are working on a strategy football RPG and in many ways that's how I've always seen FMM, especially when we had more freedom. I've not seen it as a SIM as such, more of an RPG where the players are my characters and in theory it's up to me to create the strategy to take them to glory. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

This essentially. Though I'd say the increased visibility of hidden attributes in FMM23 is probably the best addition since the EME

The set pieces still desperately need fine-tuning. It's broken the game for the entire duration now, has it been 2-3 years?

Also I wish team talks were just fake depth, it's so comically easy to nail and effective in improving performances that it trivialised the game

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

but with every release they seem to think the average FMM fan is thick as shit, hell one of the key features this year is the AI tells you what to do FFS.

Yeah I thought that. I guess they’re hoping to engage the casual netflix user by telling them how to win? I hate the jargon speak too “onboarding” 😂

It feels like there is now scope to make a hard mode too. Hide players personality traits or only show them after they’ve been at the club for a while. Make the team page dynamics page less helpful on which players are causing trouble. Or trim the budgets by a significant percentage. Reduce the number of quality youngsters coming through. Make the club less attractive to players when you’re managing them. Just a host of simple small things to add up to a harder game mode.

44 minutes ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

Yeah I thought that. I guess they’re hoping to engage the casual netflix user by telling them how to win? I hate the jargon speak too “onboarding” 😂

It feels like there is now scope to make a hard mode too. Hide players personality traits or only show them after they’ve been at the club for a while. Make the team page dynamics page less helpful on which players are causing trouble. Or trim the budgets by a significant percentage. Reduce the number of quality youngsters coming through. Make the club less attractive to players when you’re managing them. Just a host of simple small things to add up to a harder game mode.

Basically everything you've said to make the game hard you can do yourself. It's all optional content, some of it is fluff and some of it is important. Like traits for example, we know they're meaningless but if you want to be fooled by that depth you can be, traits are just stat combinations and nothing that actually really impacts the game. 

Like I've not signed a regen in as long as I can remember, they're broken and boring. You don't need them unless your save is 10+ years in but everyone flocks to sign Messi and the like and then moan the game is too easy. I've hardly ever looked at the ability lists as I want to find my own gems, I don't use the in game scouts as I stat search for what I want and so on. 

The one good thing about FMM in that regard is you can play it how you want, I love how we can create our own difficulty based on the league's/clubs we pick, on how we go about signings, on tactical restrictions and so on, that's why the challenge scene has thrived with this series for nearly two decades. When SI get a bit too heavy handed I do think it takes away from the game, admittedly that's a biased opinion from me as I've always loved the ability to pick my own difficulty by how I play.

In one regard I do think the SI built in game challenges is a massive missed opportunity for the company. They easily could have done multiple packs for a few quid a year, maybe echo some real life situations from that season, especially in the slower months like between transfer updates or waiting for the new release. Instead they did a handful of real cool challenges a decade ago and forgot about them, kinda like the series in general. When we had the IGE I did create a challenge save series based on real life and it was alot of fun, imagine being able to do that with SI's tools. 

Edited by Ashez
4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Basically everything you've said to make the game hard you can do yourself. It's all optional content, some of it is fluff and some of it is important. Like traits for example, we know they're meaningless but if you want to be fooled by that depth you can be, traits are just stat combinations and nothing that actually really impacts the game. 

True, I suppose if you have the discipline to not click on the player’s personality or the grade on the dynamics screen. Transfers are harder. I find I have decide not to spend money on transfer fees at all or it just doesn’t work for me. I suppose I could try imposing an artificial budget and never moving money to wages.

I agree on the challenges. Lifting some of the classic ones from here would have been awesome.

It says it all really that when you win over 30 unique trophies the trophy list can’t handle it. They just don’t show up.

Maybe we’re the problem—we’re just not casual enough for the mobile version.

1 minute ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

Maybe we’re the problem—we’re just not casual enough for the mobile version.

Nail on the head mate. 

18 minutes ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

Transfers are harder. I find I have decide not to spend money on transfer fees at all or it just doesn’t work for me

Funnily enough, it's the exact opposite for me. I almost have a disdain for expenditure that bleeds into my gaming from real life

It's not even conscious, I just go from the Conference South to the Premier League, then notice every season has been net transfer profits

But I agree with Ashez, it's all about the optional content

38 minutes ago, Ashez said:

everyone flocks to sign Messi and the like and then moan the game is too easy

The game more fun when I leave the painfully obvious regens rotting in the back arse of a small league. It's also fun not buying up all the wonderkids at the start of the game

I do differ in the sense that I love regens, but only the "bad" ones. It's the only part of the save that's uniquely mine. Nothing brings me more joy than a low PA regen with attributes distributed just right to be good.

Especially because it took effort to scout, the risk to buy and loving attention to train. In a way that's not just taking note of which player is he a regen of, then doing the same in another save. Because with that amount of PA, they could actually turn out bad

2 hours ago, Meow said:

Funnily enough, it's the exact opposite for me. I almost have a disdain for expenditure that bleeds into my gaming from real life

It's not even conscious, I just go from the Conference South to the Premier League, then notice every season has been net transfer profits

Pretty cool to do it that way. I’m such a cheque book manager. 

9 hours ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

I am with this guy