Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics The Black Hawk

Black Hawk

On 09/12/2023 at 02:55, DanEnglish said:

As a heads up - when I’ve tested tactics in the past (inc. the detailed Black Hawk half-season test last year on FMM23 - with stats!) - I played every single game myself - no holidaying 👍 many others here on Vibe are the same

Where can I find a table of tactics tested

17 hours ago, Mack2009ss said:

Which match engine is this tactic best played on

EME - enhanced match engine.

I don’t know if anyone has tested this with the OME - original match engine.

1 hour ago, Mack2009ss said:

Where can I find a table of tactics tested

<Here> unfortunately only systematically tested 8 tactics in FMM23, but did so in great detail.

46C35E5B-5076-40F1-BC5B-8EDBBB41E293.thumb.jpeg.4d2cf25946668da0ba988865d12ed38c.jpeg

Thanks for all the info and support. I'm having success with Brighton too but not in the league. I've won the FA cup in my 2nd season (I joined at the start of the 2nd season after I left my original team) and won the  Europa League the following season. However, some way off the league. 

I'm not sure I have the right AP in place. I have Jensen Weir, Baleba, Gilmour and Ayari who are all pretty great B2B's. 

My question is will this tactic work for FM console? Is the engine on console different to Mobile? Does anyone know? 

I'm thinking about getting on my PS5 as I've had a great time playing it recently. 

17 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

EME - enhanced match engine.

I don’t know if anyone has tested this with the OME - original match engine.

What's that? I chose Enhanced because I thought it's just about how many databases we will get (like in the original FM). English isn't my native language, pardon me 🤭.

2 minutes ago, Blancos said:

What's that? I chose Enhanced because I thought it's just about how many databases we will get (like in the original FM). English isn't my native language, pardon me 🤭.

My understanding is with eme is that ai is harder

On 15/12/2023 at 09:54, FuddledFox said:

You don’t need to download the tactic. Just copy all the roles and instructions from the screenshots into your game.

But these abbreviations are in English. I don't know exactly

I played 3 seasons with Barcelona using this tactic to try and unlock sugar daddy, and to say the least, it absolutely dominated.

No editor used 💪

21856879_Screenshot_20231223_000711_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.f797429b0a4ce9eb91ee61579c53aeed.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_000718_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20231222_144916_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20231221_093326_FM24 Mobile.jpg

I've been using this for 5 seasons with Chelsea. I have only really had moderate success. I dominate most games but unlike many people have said.. my IFs and particularly my PF hardly score at all. Despite all three having excellent stats with 19 shooting. As a result I draw a lot of games where I had like 15-20 shots. Often many are off target but not always.. I still just score very few. Any suggestions?

6 hours ago, Shiftu said:

I've been using this for 5 seasons with Chelsea. I have only really had moderate success. I dominate most games but unlike many people have said.. my IFs and particularly my PF hardly score at all. Despite all three having excellent stats with 19 shooting. As a result I draw a lot of games where I had like 15-20 shots. Often many are off target but not always.. I still just score very few. Any suggestions?

I reccomend you check out Dan English's guide how to score more goals 

31 minutes ago, dawid32 said:

I reccomend you check out Dan English's guide how to score more goals 

That does help somewhat.. but obviously the Black Hawk tactic already uses a number of the key suggestions. Changing style from contain to attacking or overload seems to make zero difference. Does mixing passing styles really make much difference? Probably not. I wondered whether dropping the Pressing Forward for something more aimed at scoring goals might help but it seems that PF is supposed to be key to this tactic.

50 minutes ago, Shiftu said:

That does help somewhat.. but obviously the Black Hawk tactic already uses a number of the key suggestions. Changing style from contain to attacking or overload seems to make zero difference. Does mixing passing styles really make much difference? Probably not. I wondered whether dropping the Pressing Forward for something more aimed at scoring goals might help but it seems that PF is supposed to be key to this tactic.

Here is an image from the 1st page of this thread. It is basically saying:

• put your best ST in the middle (obviously) - as they’ll have 3.5 shots per game vs the IFs 1.5 shots per game
  • high aerial / strength is useful for all 3 front roles - as they’ll have 4-5 headed attempts EACH per game.

DEB9C185-C0B0-4E99-AA58-0707F9716B57.thumb.jpeg.86724039bc2b4fec9319fedfe7df38e1.jpeg

Plus here’s some analysis on the midfield three:

• Have good shooters - as they’ll each have 1-1.5 shots per game.

4B1787DB-824D-4993-B90F-6427C8756D1A.thumb.jpeg.a5136b3bee6d93b33f6eba28bd4c903b.jpeg

• Have good passers - as they’ll each make 1-2 key passes per game.

36F61875-4115-4E2D-99A7-420356D5B657.thumb.jpeg.b54342943277170e8426f0ac2c4f5887.jpeg

Does this help? 🙂 

46 minutes ago, Shiftu said:

All Contain/Overload does is altering your players' approaches to the match, nothing more (lower/higher passing or shooting risks, inflate/deflate width, slower/faster tempo, etc). The shape will change a bit, but not too much since it will be bound by your preset. Therefore, the changes are subtle.

Move players around (by changing roles or change formation), and you will get the biggest effect of changes. You need to break the bus? Bring more people up top. You need to park the bus? Bring more people down bottom. Your initial formation won't do that for you only by changing mentality.

On 21/12/2023 at 08:27, Mack2009ss said:

Which match engine is this tactic best played on

How do you tell which match engine you are using etc ?

im using this tactic in the lowest tier. Vanarama north league.

doesnt work at all get beat every game.  Players probably aren’t good enough for it to work but I’m bottom of the league.

Update: tried pushing PF up to AM position but we shipped 2-3 goals a game and couldn't outscore that. I've uploaded a good example of something that happens frequently. We absolutely batter teams as we did Arsenal here but ultimately relied on an own goal and penalties to win? It just seems odd...

Screenshot_20240101-215811.png

2 hours ago, Shiftu said:

Update: tried pushing PF up to AM position but we shipped 2-3 goals a game and couldn't outscore that. I've uploaded a good example of something that happens frequently. We absolutely batter teams as we did Arsenal here but ultimately relied on an own goal and penalties to win? It just seems odd...

Er … tactics can be good, but they are not super-powered. I would expect Chelsea to lose to Arsenal, so sneaking a penalty win is a good result with Chelsea. 

Shipping 2-3 goals a game isn’t good though. Can you share screenshots of your fixture list (past ~10 matches played) + your tactic (showing the 1st team players you use) - and we’ll take a look! 🙂 

8 hours ago, Shiftu said:

Update: tried pushing PF up to AM position

Screenshot_20240101-215811.png

PF supposed to be higher than AM's. Did you mean pulling down?

Btw, I see that "17 (7)" as concerning. Usually, it's my cue to ease the attack up, since it could mean that my players can get far forward, but TOO far so the box gets too crowded and the attackers are suffocated.

The fact that you lead by 2 goals margin so early, also showed that Arsenal changed something to counter your tactic along the way, while you might not do the same (or even further, double down on it). We like to believe that if our current tactic got us 2 quick goals in 30 minutes, it couldn't be wrong and should/could give us more in the next 60. I assumed that, because I did A LOT of that mistake my self in my FM history🙈.