Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Unbeatable 5-3-2 (Goals and Good defense)

Finally got a 5-3-2 to score a decent amount of goals on this game. This is the most goals a 5-3-2 has gotten me even in the previous installments and the fact we went unbeaten in the league in our first season is crazy. Defeated the rest of the big 6 home and away. Our 2 draws were to Bournemouth  and Villa away from home. You don't even need forwards that are blessed with aerial attributes, pace, movement  and shooting is the way to go. 

For some reason Frimpong racked up 18 assists while not being on corner duties with his crossing just reaching 12 while Ruggeri who has 15 on his crossing didn't  get up to 10 assists, the game engine is so weird. As for the defense, probably  tighter that the pentagon, the two matches against City, we held them down to zero shots while Haaland was playing. We also held several teams down to 3 shots. 

Well feel free to share your opinions about it. Though we lost in the carabao on PK's💀💀 and we got FMM'ed to Spurs in the first round of the FA cup.

Screenshot_20240322_174336_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_174353_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_174411_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_174426_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_174434_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_174445_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_174453_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_175357_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_175415_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_175428_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Uncleseekx said:

Finally got a 5-3-2 to score a decent amount of goals on this game. This is the most goals a 5-3-2 has gotten me even in the previous installments and the fact we went unbeaten in the league in our first season is crazy. Defeated the rest of the big 6 home and away. Our 2 draws were to Bournemouth  and Villa away from home. You don't even need forwards that are blessed with aerial attributes, pace, movement  and shooting is the way to go. 

For some reason Frimpong racked up 18 assists while not being on corner duties with his crossing just reaching 12 while Ruggeri who has 15 on his crossing didn't  get up to 10 assists, the game engine is so weird. As for the defense, probably  tighter that the pentagon, the two matches against City, we held them down to zero shots while Haaland was playing. We also held several teams down to 3 shots. 

Well feel free to share your opinions about it. Though we lost in the carabao on PK's💀💀 and we got FMM'ed to Spurs in the first round of the FA cup.

Screenshot_20240322_174336_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_174353_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_174411_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_174426_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_174434_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_174445_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_174453_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_175357_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_175415_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_175428_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Looks really interesting @Uncleseekx!

What attributes do you recommend for each position?

What coaching setup do you normally prefer?

Edited by ministryofsillywalks

Nice job!

This is similar to a tactic I posted the other day. Might give this a go but with wide midfielders or defensive wingers instead of wing backs which might be a bit more offensive (at the cost of being a bit more weak defensively). 

1 hour ago, ministryofsillywalks said:

Looks really interesting @Uncleseekx!

What attributes do you recommend for each position?

What coaching setup do you normally prefer?

For the strikers, pace, movement  and shooting, midfielders, passing and movement, if they have a bit of creativity, it's a bonus. The defensive RP is basically a ball winning  midfielder with 12 passing and 11 movement. For the winbacks, I'm  not too sure cause the wing backs I had with good crossing were no were beat Frimpong who started the season with 11 crossing and only upgraded to 12. Guess you should go for pacy wing backs with average crossing. Defenders, aerial, tackling, positioning and decent decisions.

Coaching setup doesn't matter. Following the instructions will automatically  pick a coaching setup for you

21 minutes ago, Footyman said:

Nice job!

This is similar to a tactic I posted the other day. Might give this a go but with wide midfielders or defensive wingers instead of wing backs which might be a bit more offensive (at the cost of being a bit more weak defensively). 

The defense is definitely going to suffer cause have tried a similar setup to that. No matter the roles you give the wingers, they rarely fall back 

5 hours ago, hoon87 said:

Aren't there too many playmakers?

The game doesn't  do justice to this formation well cause wingbacks with no wingers barley offer much in attack. Have to Find a way to send as much bodies as I can upfront 

2 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

The game doesn't  do justice to this formation well cause wingbacks with no wingers barley offer much in attack. Have to Find a way to send as much bodies as I can upfront 

Hmm. Maybe I woudl suggest to switch off "early crosses" and set on "look for overlap".

20 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

For the strikers, pace, movement  and shooting, midfielders, passing and movement, if they have a bit of creativity, it's a bonus. The defensive RP is basically a ball winning  midfielder with 12 passing and 11 movement. For the winbacks, I'm  not too sure cause the wing backs I had with good crossing were no were beat Frimpong who started the season with 11 crossing and only upgraded to 12. Guess you should go for pacy wing backs with average crossing. Defenders, aerial, tackling, positioning and decent decisions.

Coaching setup doesn't matter. Following the instructions will automatically  pick a coaching setup for you

In regards to the coaching setup, I mean what type of coaches do you have?

I normally have one defensive, one attacking and 2 fitness but was interested to see what you go for!

Just now, ministryofsillywalks said:

In regards to the coaching setup, I mean what type of coaches do you have?

I normally have one defensive, one attacking and 2 fitness but was interested to see what you go for!

I just left the team's coaches as they were

Finished my first season with Newcastle.

Overhauled the entire squad to fit the tactic, here are the results:

IMG_0215.thumb.png.3df38a3de01ddc4f0ac9f74ca1a86fc7.png

IMG_0216.thumb.png.d0fb008b8335ca21cbdf048203f49175.png

IMG_0217.thumb.png.291495b09e6eb95217d266fe978ad56f.png

IMG_0218.thumb.png.663db8aef69157113fc5df0ddfb38e54.png

Well done mate, you’ve created an absolute beast.

1 hour ago, ministryofsillywalks said:

Finished my first season with Newcastle.

Overhauled the entire squad to fit the tactic, here are the results:

IMG_0215.thumb.png.3df38a3de01ddc4f0ac9f74ca1a86fc7.png

IMG_0216.thumb.png.d0fb008b8335ca21cbdf048203f49175.png

IMG_0217.thumb.png.291495b09e6eb95217d266fe978ad56f.png

IMG_0218.thumb.png.663db8aef69157113fc5df0ddfb38e54.png

Well done mate, you’ve created an absolute beast.

Thanks. With Isak and Messi, I would have expected your team to score more goals. And not like I used any corner tactic that exploited the game. I think the DM role in use affects the attack alot cause I tried it at one point during the season and the attack returns dropped. I know it's not logical in real life but try the 3 RP setup next time cause the base RP advancing makes the two CM RP's work in the half spaces, with a DM, they just look to play in the middle mostly.

5 hours ago, oskarsson81 said:

Hmm. Maybe I woudl suggest to switch off "early crosses" and set on "look for overlap".

The RP's won't look to cross when in the half spaces again instead trying to setup the wingback.

1 hour ago, Uncleseekx said:

Thanks. With Isak and Messi, I would have expected your team to score more goals. And not like I used any corner tactic that exploited the game. I think the DM role in use affects the attack alot cause I tried it at one point during the season and the attack returns dropped. I know it's not logical in real life but try the 3 RP setup next time cause the base RP advancing makes the two CM RP's work in the half spaces, with a DM, they just look to play in the middle mostly.

I’d actually not even spotted I’d done that, wasn’t on purpose 😂

Works like a charm. Went undefeated the whole season across all competitions, although I did change the CDM to a DLP and switched the CMs to a BBM and AP to give the midfield less overlapping and more balance. Putting my wing-backs on man marking with "look for overlap" made them much more involved in the attack without compromising my solidity -- my right wing-back has the most assists thanks to that. I also had aerially strong strikers (Onuachu has an unbelievable 18!) which helped. I also switched one of the centre-backs to a libero, but possession was constantly around 30-35%, but I suppose the aim of this tactic isn't necessarily possession.

screenshot-3.thumb.jpg.ee2da1ca15b2ef31be59c8ab2333eae7.jpgscreenshot-2.thumb.jpg.524ddae92b78f084082848b42dd18156.jpgscreenshot_5-3-2-.thumb.jpg.d467ce6f7e0e5032fd4df8b71fbe0638.jpg

2 hours ago, KorovaMilk said:

Works like a charm. Went undefeated the whole season across all competitions, although I did change the CDM to a DLP and switched the CMs to a BBM and AP to give the midfield less overlapping and more balance. Putting my wing-backs on man marking with "look for overlap" made them much more involved in the attack without compromising my solidity -- my right wing-back has the most assists thanks to that. I also had aerially strong strikers (Onuachu has an unbelievable 18!) which helped. I also switched one of the centre-backs to a libero, but possession was constantly around 30-35%, but I suppose the aim of this tactic isn't necessarily possession.

screenshot-3.thumb.jpg.ee2da1ca15b2ef31be59c8ab2333eae7.jpgscreenshot-2.thumb.jpg.524ddae92b78f084082848b42dd18156.jpgscreenshot_5-3-2-.thumb.jpg.d467ce6f7e0e5032fd4df8b71fbe0638.jpg

Might consider switching to look for overlaps to see how it goes. Thanks for sharing

I decided to try this tactic with League Two side Wimbledon and so far it's been amazing, I haven't really done much else to the team, sold a few last year contract fringe players and signed some on loan and a couple of free transfers. I've left the coaches as they were and tweaked the training slightly so players train more for the selected roles in the team with a couple of positional training  too. So far they have played well above expectations of finishing mid table. Great tactic even for lower league teams imo. Thank you

Screenshot_20240327_114949_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240327_114631_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240327_114644_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240327_114711_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20240327_114703_FM24 Mobile.jpg

6 hours ago, ministryofsillywalks said:

Back to back promotions with Darlington.

IMG_0222.thumb.png.41c65b61381dd216aacc1941ef2451cd.png

IMG_0223.thumb.png.baa2b2669f9e903ba19bafc2161bb4c3.png

Still using the DM role in the base midfield spot or RP? The goal numbers are decent here. 

5 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

Still using the DM role in the base midfield spot or RP? The goal numbers are decent here. 

No, using the RP. Don't know why, but every now and again, it will revert to DM without me changing it, assuming that's some kind of bug.

About half way through season 3 now, in League 2. Currently top, managed to get lucky and grab some very decent free transfers, a couple of good loan signings and a regen who has 22 goals in 20 games.

Really enjoying the tactic mate, thank you again.

3 hours ago, ministryofsillywalks said:

No, using the RP. Don't know why, but every now and again, it will revert to DM without me changing it, assuming that's some kind of bug.

About half way through season 3 now, in League 2. Currently top, managed to get lucky and grab some very decent free transfers, a couple of good loan signings and a regen who has 22 goals in 20 games.

Really enjoying the tactic mate, thank you again.

In order to prevent the roles changing from changing, save the tactic and save the team selection with the saved tactic. The roles won't  change again.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ministryofsillywalks said:

IMG_0225.thumb.png.6bca0c376e0a79b3b71028d8011422c8.png

That is something, very well done, back to back to back promotion.

Edit: just a question did you always keep your mentality at overload or maybe change or anything just overall?

Edited by dawid32
1 hour ago, dawid32 said:

That is something, very well done, back to back to back promotion.

Edit: just a question did you always keep your mentality at overload or maybe change or anything just overall?

Nope no changes to the tactic at all.

Not hating il clarify first. 

Gunna give your tactic a go as it looks very good. And seeing others results in the comments it must work.

Just curious why the edit button has been used? Again not hating just asking :)

9 minutes ago, Charlielfc24 said:

Gunna give your tactic a go as it looks very good. And seeing others results in the comments it must work.

You can use the edit button when you find a typo after posting. 😌

7 minutes ago, Helio said:

You can use the edit button when you find a typo after posting. 😌

I mean on his screenshot when he shows his teams stats 😂

1 hour ago, Charlielfc24 said:

Changed some team's names like Napoli and others. With Bayern's manager's name.