Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Set Pieces Error?

Does anyone experience the set pieces on pitch doesn't match the set piece structure we've created in the Tactics screen?

So what's the point of creating set pieces if in the end it will get scrambled on the field?

I have noticed that in these two situations - my attacking set pieces (like corners) don’t match what I setup:

• higher mentalities - when I play on ‘higher risk’ attacking or overload mentalities, then players don’t follow my routines as much
  • creative expression - when I play with this on high, they seem to follow my instructions less, but I’m not 100% sure on this one.

Thoughts? 🙂 

Posted (edited)

If you have changed player position during the match, your setup of set-piece will be broken and back to default one.

I HATE this very much.

Edited by rseven
Posted (edited)

To retain the set-piece instructions, you have to reload the tactic you are using after you change player positions. It was like this in last year's edition as well and pretty lazy programming in my opinion........ quite ironic that the 'streamlined' version of the game has many issues that make you press more buttons totally unnecessarily!!........ the squad selection screen on match days is another one where you select your squad, then find players with mood issues. I've already suggested that player moods should be available to see on the selection screen (maybe just flagged up in red and to get detailed info, you can then see full details by going to the player's 'personal' section). The medical centre info that a player is more liable to get injured could also be on the same screen with a brown/red cross next to his name, which would avoid having to visit the medical centre every match day...... the game really is very unstreamlined when it's meant to be the opposite. Like I said, such lazy programming!!

Edited by Franky1971
On 29/03/2024 at 06:52, DanEnglish said:

I have noticed that in these two situations - my attacking set pieces (like corners) don’t match what I setup:

• higher mentalities - when I play on ‘higher risk’ attacking or overload mentalities, then players don’t follow my routines as much
  • creative expression - when I play with this on high, they seem to follow my instructions less, but I’m not 100% sure on this one.

Thoughts? 🙂 

I've noticed the change of mentalities caused it (only if the change is drastic, i.e Contain/Overload). But not paying attention on the changes of creativity, yet. I'll try next.

On 29/03/2024 at 12:01, rseven said:

If you have changed player position during the match, your setup of set-piece will be broken and back to default one.

I HATE this very much.

Yeah, I saw that too. But in this specific case, I didn't tweak the initial formation at all. So it should be caused by another things.

On 29/03/2024 at 23:35, Franky1971 said:

To retain the set-piece instructions, you have to reload the tactic you are using after you change player positions.

I've noticed it, yes. So after that, I've almost never change the position of my players. But in this case, it happened without any changing in position.

Dan up there threw another possibility, other than the change of position. I'll look further into it.

On 29/03/2024 at 06:52, DanEnglish said:

Thoughts? 🙂 

I've tested your input, especially about the creative. Unfortunately, it doesn't work 😞.

741951585_Screenshot_20240404_161032_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.537d676c8ef4c3d478cf7a9c5fa0a207.jpg

They're still cluelessly swarmed the center there, while I've clearly told them to space it out...

148359143_Screenshot_20240404_162551_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.59351928317a8b296ca4438b8e437829.jpg

... and scaled their Creativity down a notch1771763930_Screenshot_20240404_162634_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.a583257824d5d40e29b16c42a867d303.jpg

On 04/04/2024 at 21:43, DanEnglish said:

Thanks for testing that theory 👍 good to know 

But curiously, SP scheme change towards my initial one (not completely the same, but not as random as before) when I put the IFs on ST spots. That's my initial formation fyi, before I saved the tactic at the beginning of the season.

It's funny that the initial scheme seemed still locked to the old formation, and can't be reset or reshape even after I've changed the formation.