This is a scouting app for FMM23 (Android), letting you:
- See the CA, PA, hidden attributes, etc for any player.
- Search for players by many parameters (CA, PA, Age, position, foot, name, club, some hidden attributes, etc).
- Export the current view of players to a FMM shortlist so you can import them into your FMM shortlist.
NOTE: This will only work with FMM23, it will NOT work with FMM24 when it comes
I plan to release a new app called AM24 (for FMM24). This will be released on Google Play and will not be free.
You will need to allow APKs to be installed from sources other than Google Play and you will also be prompted to allow installation from this source.
Once opened for the first time, the app will look for save files in a couple of common places. If it finds them, you will see buttons for each save file found. If it doesn't find any save files, you will need to tell the app where the save file folder is and there is a serious bug here. This is what you need to do:
- You will be prompted with the Find Folder button. Press this.
- You then need to find the Games folder and press the green tick / check mark in the top right corner. Note it won't show any files, only folders.
- It SHOULD then take you back to the main screen and show you buttons for each save file BUT there is a bug and it doesn't show them.
- You need to close the app fully (back button and say Yes) and then open it again. It should then show the save file buttons.
After that, everything should work fine. This is only a problem the first time you open the app and choose the folder. After that, the app should remember the folder and be able to show the buttons.
I will not be fixing this in AM23 - the open file logic is pretty complicated and needs a total rewrite, which it will get for AM24.
Here's an overview of the app (from last two years ago, but pretty much the same):
For those following along
Last year I said:
This version was supposed to be going onto Google Play, but it needs to comply with their newer (more restrictive) file permission model to be accepted. I can't do that without updating to the latest version of the programming language I'm using, and I can't update without a complete rewrite of the app.
It does actually work with the latest version of Android, so I'm releasing it here for free and embarking on a total rewrite for AM23.
As it turns out, there are some serious issues with making this work with Android's newer file permissions model. I couldn't work these out this year, but will try again next year.
The app shouldn't cause any problems, but it is an "use at your own risk" app.
If you find any problems with the app, feel free to post them below BUT a) I don't have much time to spend on this now and b) I had to downgrade my development environment to release the app and I need to update it again soon (and won't be able to make any changes after that). So... there may be little to no support this year.
There will only be an Android version in the short term. Longer term I'd like to be able to do an iOS version, or at least a web version if that's not possible, but don't hold your breath!
Though remember using this app is against the rules of the challenges here on Vibe if you're doing one of them.