Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Regens- Changes & Discussion 2013

Keraviln

Peely, I am currently testing our various players with the guys with 180+ PA being my main targets currently (Eyeballing transfer market for Ronaldinho's Regen).

We'll also need to find a new DL early regen to replace Roberto Carlos (Ofc it will never replace properly... just kinda... be a filler DL that works until Cole or another DL retires)

Peely the most noticable change for me would be Giggs, they changed his Awks and Uns aswell...

Not to mention Holtby, Modric and a host of other AMCs who have been changed to MC (Not sure why Modric was changed though because I'm pretty sure Real Madrid played him as AMC as well as Kaka & Ozil...

Peely, also, have you tried out some of those Greyed out players?

Some of them can be really great if they start of with good physical/mental stats (Ie. 15+ most of them as they usually maintain them from their original).

Then with 14s on the first column and voila you have a nice player :P

Although obviously they will probably never be world class players like regens of Messi and such will be...

Might I also add that C. Ronaldo added the Right wing into his positions :P

I've only tried one greyed out player so far. He's been good, but injury prone and his stats haven't improved much with training. I'm at Ajax at the moment and the grey players that they get aren't all that great.

I've started updating my spreadsheet from last year and, so far, most players are much the same, although some have seen significant drops in their mental stats and virtually all have worse stats than last year. Interestingly they seem to have nerfed goalkeepers' creativity across the board; all the ones I've looked at so far have either 1 or 2 rather than the 7-9 that they had last year. Not that it matters in a GK.

Ter Stegen has been boosted like a boss, a year or two of IT and he is the best GK by far...

And stats will get worse as they age... My guess is that they decided that creativity would be low across the board for GKs...

I'm still trying to seperate the World Class Regens from those lower league handy-guys...

I noticed F. Llorente has become a boss since they gave him higher technique & shooting as well as his 20 Heading.

Also it's all about luck. Because you get your greyed players from a pool of players that seems to refresh every season or something, because I got quite a few Gareth Barrys, Van Persies and John Terrys.

Most have rubbish stats but I found an excellent DC who basically has 20 of all the essential stats for a defender (12 pace hurts, but that's about it).

With greyed players you need to choose a team that has a "Reserve" Squad, not a B team or the like as quality is higher in so called "Reserve" squads...

Making a profit with this method will be more viable as Marc is due to add simulated loan matches soon :D

Nice picks...

Many of them are incorrect though...

The shadow players keep the exact same Aggression, Leadership and Teamwork NO MATTER what when first signed.

If you've had them for a bit, variation in Leadership and teamwork is understandable...

Otherwise wrong shadows :P (although it doesn't matter who spanwed them because everything is randomised, all that is retained is the ratio of stats)

The pics have been taken one or two seasons after the original one disappears.

I use intensive training, excellent youth club, so they grow up very fast.

When you look at the positions and the nationality, how come you can still argue...

Oh oops, I thought that these were shadow players who were French (Oops)

Dec, soz, and you too padblaz...

Aggression, Leadership and Teamwork are always 100% the same on shadows and their originals...

Pace, Stamina and Strength are generally similar as well as having the same stat ratio as their original.

Hence getting a shadow of Casillas with the same ability and potential will be better than with say ter Stegen (at the very beginning of the game), due to Casillas' superior Leadership and Teamwork...

:D (Soz... I just thought you did the same as me on PSG, mass shadow-buying :P)

When I'm scouting for players (mostly regens tbh)

I'll encounter young players and my scout will say they are not good enough to succeed at the club etc

And their 'current' and 'potential' skill levels are just one star

Is this normal? Or have I been letting go some perfectly good players?

FYI I'm in 2015, with Tottenham.

When I'm scouting for players (mostly regens tbh)

I'll encounter young players and my scout will say they are not good enough to succeed at the club etc

And their 'current' and 'potential' skill levels are just one star

Is this normal? Or have I been letting go some perfectly good players?

FYI I'm in 2015, with Tottenham.

Scout reports aren't usually accurate, but it probably depends on the player. On FM, the accuracy depends on the scout's attributes, not sure what affects it on FMH though!