Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 The 1000 Goal Challenge:

Ashez

A Quick Update:

Many of you will know i've been promising one last special save in FMH13 but i'm sad to tell you that the one i had in mind has failed, or i have given up on it. Due to deciding the challenge isn't worth continuing at this current time i thought i'd share with you what i was up to and where i got up to.

A few months ago Jens sent me a PM with a very special challenge within, he challenged me to try and do a one thousand goal challenge from the wider FL/R position, although this would be challenging i decided to up the challenge and i decided to start a 1kc from the AMR position! 

After weeks and weeks of testing with various players, teams and leagues i decided to use one of my personal favourite gems Lumu

z1dIvmg.png

As you can see i decided Brazil was the best place for this challenge and Lumu certainly has the stats to make it possible, the original idea was to get 100 ITN goals and 900 club goals with the majority planned to come from the SPSC tournament. Due to Lumu's age i thought 50 goals for 20 years would be a great base target and well within reason since we were in Brazil. However i didn't take into account the amount of time it would take to play 20 years in Brazil and this challenge has been burning me out for months but the dream of completing such a massive challenge kept me playing, until Lumu failed to live up to my expectations. In the end i played 11 odd seasons and tbh i was well on track and even infront of my targets but when i expected Lumu to peak he just got worse and worse, the main problem was that regens were just out scoring him! As you know i do my best to stay away from regens but it's rather challenging to build a side in Brazil and when you manage to sign real players they always end up too good for the league and end up scoring too many them selves, in two seasons my standard CM (Pogba) out scored Lumu! Anyway the formation i used was this

H64Cn0O.png

A rather basic formation imo which was all designed for the ISF (Lumu) to be the most attacking player, the midfield quarter changed a lot but i couldn't stop them hindering Lumu. 

Anyway long story short here is where i got up to before i threw in the towel. 

IoNOp0E.png

dla1M0u.png

I needed roughly 450 more but Lumu just didn't seem up to it any more and his goal tallies just kept dropping instead of improving like i had hoped, i possibly could have still completed the challenge but i think i would have failed and spending that much time on the save at this stage of FM13 felt pointless. 

I am gutted to have thrown this save away and i deleted it the second i decided it was time to move on to ensure i stayed away from it, however i have learned alot from this save and expect to see this challenge again from me early in 2014 :D. This challenge may have failed but i've not yet turned my back on the 1kc, or actually i have as my next challenge will hopefully be a 2kc.....

Anyway i just wanted to let you all know what's going on and as always i'd love to hear your views and opinions.

Sad to see it. As I personally know how much effort you put into this and all of the heartache it has caused.

But I personally think it is still a massive achievement that you managed to get that far at that position.

So for that, I applaud you.

Been updating me on this for a while, gutted you never finished but you have achieved so much on FMH this year you didn't even need to finish it for it still to be epic :).

Cheers guys, looks like i was right to scrap the challenge with the amount of interest it's received.

Ill update soon, i think i have these to add

Little P

Ronaldo

Sale

1KCC

The one a few posts up