Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Ashez v Dec - The Fantasy Draft Challenge

Dec

This is going to be so close. You both have world class teams. I'm still undecided untill I see formation an player roles.

If I was to go on the squad id say Dec would win but I know they both like to play the game differently so the tactics will be crucial to who wins this!

Still suprised no one picked Pique

Yes I want to see complete team list and formations or possible formations to really know...at first glance both teams are of equal prowess...really tight match up.

I see what's going on here, you guys want a tactical update in the hopes I'll reveal one of my non posted ones hey? Hmmmm.

We always knew Wanyama would make the squad wouldn't be a good enough Ashez's career/Challenge without him :D

I waited so Dec could make the steal but he obviously didn't want to handle the wrath of Vibe ;).

We always knew Wanyama would make the squad wouldn't be a good enough Ashez's career/Challenge without him :D

I waited so Dec could make the steal but he obviously didn't want to handle the wrath of Vibe ;).

I couldn't bring myself to steal your pride and joy off of you ;).

Haha, I was going to leave him until last but I started to twitch as my numbers got low :P. As Lee said how could I do a career with the mighty Wanyama :D......I duno how to break it to him that I think Mascherano is first choice though :/.

This is gonna be epic! With the squads right now I'd say Dec might just scrape this one. The tactics are gonna make a massive difference. Good Luck

The Real Madrid Starting XI is in! This will be the initial team to face the forthcoming fixtures.

Courtois

Lahm - Boateng - Kompany - Alaba

Schweinstieger - Toure

Robben - Aguero - Ronaldo

Lewandowski

De Gea - Ramos - Marcelo - Pogba - Silva - Hazard - Cavani

Awaiting Ash to show us is his line up an formation!

I'll have something up tonight, I want to look at the save first and I haven't had chance to put it on my iPod yet :). I also have 307 images to sort out, damn this update making FMH fun again :P

Not many team players in that attack ;):P

Interesting that two of your Madrid picks failed to make the cut.

Aguero, Robben and Lewandowsi all have the ability to supply. Aguero's perfect 20 in Passing, Dribbling and Shooting makes him perfect to be the pivotal of my team.

Introduction

The squads have been finalised and Dec has revealed the eleven he intends to use during this clash of the titans, now it's my turn to shed some light from my side of the table.

Going into this and still as it stands I'm undecided on how to approach this challenge. I've not played much in Spain this year and what I have hasn't been your conventional career which in short means I'm going into this career without a nailed down tactic.

As most of you are aware I'm someone who likes to prepare for challenges but for once I'm going into this one somewhat blind, I do have two tactics which I know work in other leagues so I'm going into this with the hope that my over powered team can push me over the line.

Setting up a team from scratch is always a challenge within it's self but thankfully I have experience in this and with building squads for one season challenges, although having to build a squad around two formations isn't ideal. With these slight issues in mind I decided to build a strong core (listed as my first XI below) which I knew could handle both formations then I used my remaining selections to add cover and depth to all positions while having enough strength in the right areas to accommodate both tactics.

Position Based Picks

Neuer - GK

Clichy - LB
Azpilicueta - RB/LB
Godin - CB
Silva - CB

Mascherano - CB/DMC
Alonso - DMC/MC
Vidal - DMC/MC

Messi - ST/WNG
Neymar - ST/WNG

Suarez - ST/WNG

12. Javi Martinez - CB/DMC/MC
13. Marco Reus - WNG/ST
14. Ibrahimovic - ST
15. Modric - MC/WNG
16. Danilo - RB
17. Chiellini - CB/LB
18. Enzo Perez - MC
19. Lucas Moura - WNG/ST
20. Wanyama - DMC/MC
21. Buffon - GK
22. Sanchez - ST/WNG
23. El Shaarawy - ST/WNG

As you can see my team looks well balanced as it contains everything a squad needs as I have all positions covered multiple times while having quality all over the park, to be honest my main concern is keeping everyone happy as I'm in control of a number of big egos but that's part of the challenge.

Expected Line Ups

BV2lOVu.png

TLMNbj1.png

Due to the players I've selected I can interchange the formations with ease while my bench will always give me options thanks to the players available. The 433 formation is especially tempting as it's got a solid back five, a balanced midfield and three strikers with twenty shooting stats!

These are my reasonings for the selections I made and how I expect to play the save but obviously I'm saying these things before playing so aspects might change once I get started. Hopefully you enjoyed the read and that I've given you the confidence to stand in my corner for the duration of this epic battle!

Come on team Ashez!!

Ashez, since you have a somewhat defensive line-up in midfield I like your second formation more with Suarez, Messi, Ibra up front. Dec would need a wall of steel to stop that trio. Insane! Not sure what Clichy is doing in the starting XI :P

Dec, your midfield of 5 looks superb. Altho I think Schweini is past his best it's still a great combo. Def looks solid too but personally I'm not Kompany's biggest fan :)

It's really difficult to bet against either one of those teams.

Messi Ibra Suarez...Robben, Ronaldo, Aguero  pfff.

Honestly..if I didn't know who the managers were I'd go for Dec's team. Seems just slightly more balanced to me. But since I do know I'm leaning towards Ashez cause he knows his business. I'm really undecided LOL!

Entertain us, guys. :cool:

It's still too close to call. After seeing the potential line ups and formations. I would agree with BG, Ash I like the look of your second line up/formation better.

You both have a very versatile squad as well so could change things up if they are not working.

I'll stick my neck on the line an go with.....

Decez ☺ I still can't decide

I'm sure it will be entertaining!

Like I said I'm leaning towards the 433 but it can be leaky which bothers me in a tough league where I haven't tested it. Why's everyone hating on Clichy? Am I the only person who actually rates him IRL? (Haven't used him in game so maybe that's where the concern comes from which worries me :()

Like I said I'm leaning towards the 433 but it can be leaky which bothers me in a tough league where I haven't tested it. Why's everyone hating on Clichy? Am I the only person who actually rates him IRL? (Haven't used him in game so maybe that's where the concern comes from which worries me :()

I saw you selecting Giuseppe Rossi on Futsal IRL he cant even score properly. Still comparing Clichy IRL performance with FMH he is really an liability for that squad :P

Just showed Alfie this as I showed him my team and he turned around and says "this that lad obsessed with Bayern or something", it made me chuckle, he also said I'd get battered though :/

Just showed Alfie this as I showed him my team and he turned around and says "this that lad obsessed with Bayern or something", it made me chuckle, he also said I'd get battered though :/

May I ask who Alfie is?

May I ask who Alfie is?

Bayern have the most players' with CA in the top 5 for each position by a long run ;).