Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 differences between 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-1-3-1

nimmo

I've been testing a new 4-1-1-3-1 formation and I was wondering if passing and tackling instructions would be different on a 4-2-3-1 I play attacking mixed committed pressing and counter attack but on my new 4-1-1-3-1 I use attacking direct committed pressing counter attack I achieved back to back promotions with Portsmouth with this new formation 

A 4231 will be less versatile, you will determine who stays back so there will be less of a pivot and your team will be less fluid. However this may not be a negative, if you are playing against a team that is a lot weaker it can mean you are not playing with your attacking potential but it makes you less prone to counters. By the way counter attack and attacking is really opposite.

Did you use Sugar Daddy?

I would space your two MC-DMC out so it is less easy to mark, them being in a line makes it very easy to defend against. Also with a counter you are meant to sit back and draw pressure on, you cannot do that when on attacking. It is wasting attacking potential, even more so when you are telling players to press and get stuck in early, that isn't inviting them to flood men forward.

Move the cm and cdm apart, so it looks like an attacking 4-2-3-1 with one cm sitting deeper. Will make the team more balanced. I prefer 4-2-3-1 as I've had more success with it. Dropping a cm back is good against counter attacking teams though. If using 4-2-3-1 attacking (with b2b and cm in the middle) I find it good to play an offside trap (reduces gaps between midfield and defense), although this is risky with poor decision makers at the back, or against quick strikers.

thanks for the advice I'm pretty pleased to get lampard mcshane colclough Martinez and lambert on free transfers especially in league 1